Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: ose 14 on June 22, 2015, 08:20:17 PM
Tommo apologies if you think my post was condoning the actions of the omagh official as it most certainly wasn't. hitting any man a punch on a football field wether you think your right or wrong should never ever be tolerated by anybody. the referee was correct and dealt with the incident accordingly as sludden would have been sent off for inciting the melee in the first place never mind his retaliation. stepping over the line was referencing his actions not the physical action of stepping over the line if that makes sense. Im sure stal mcsorley when he has time to reflect today knows he was wrong to strike sludden and I hope the killyclogher man is equally as reflective as you seem to be implying his striking and subsequent punishment was a lesser crime. a punch is a punch. no example to children by either man. time the gaa  got serious and  rid our games of this nonsense once and for all. I also am man enough to realise that my use of the word karma referencing the best player on the pitch Ciaran mclaughlin being taken out by no 10 was inflammatory and does nothing but deepen the chasm. move on please the game is over and both individuals will have to suffer the consequences.

I think your bias is clouding your judgement, mc laughlin was fouled as bradley was struggling with him and probably got away a bit lightly but it was not a sending off, no chance at all.

I am very much of the opinion whether right or not if a man is brave ennough to come up and throw 2 punches at you you are well within your rights to defend yourself.

on another noote, mc laughlin is an excellent talent and definitely one for the future at coounty level, serious engine on him and classy footballer

Tommo2

Quote from: ose 14 on June 22, 2015, 08:20:17 PM
Tommo apologies if you think my post was condoning the actions of the omagh official as it most certainly wasn't. hitting any man a punch on a football field wether you think your right or wrong should never ever be tolerated by anybody. the referee was correct and dealt with the incident accordingly as sludden would have been sent off for inciting the melee in the first place never mind his retaliation. stepping over the line was referencing his actions not the physical action of stepping over the line if that makes sense. Im sure stal mcsorley when he has time to reflect today knows he was wrong to strike sludden and I hope the killyclogher man is equally as reflective as you seem to be implying his striking and subsequent punishment was a lesser crime. a punch is a punch. no example to children by either man. time the gaa  got serious and  rid our games of this nonsense once and for all. I also am man enough to realise that my use of the word karma referencing the best player on the pitch Ciaran mclaughlin being taken out by no 10 was inflammatory and does nothing but deepen the chasm. move on please the game is over and both individuals will have to suffer the consequences.

Its hard to move on when you come out with such nonsense. How did Sludden incite the melee? Did the Omagh official not incite the incident by entering the field of play and kicking the ball away. By the way, it wasn't a melee. The man issue here is not whether anyone struck. They both did and in the rules of the game, that is a red card. However, you seem to suggest that both parties were equally guilty. In my view that is wrong as your esteemed club official entered the field, got involved with a player and tried to influence the game and then struck the player. These are not normal circumstances and need to be dealt with accordingly. The actions of your club representative potentially influenced the game.  I think Redhaddefender has dealt with the issue re: McLaughlin.

supersarsfields

Just to try and lighten the mood.

My club will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the "Most Players in a Gaelic Football Exhibition Match" at their pitch in Clanabogan this Saturday 27th June. The record is currently held by a Dublin club with 399 participants. There will be a variety of players from Under 8's upwards and both male and female. The match will coincide with a family day at our pitch and everyone is welcome. It only costs £5 to register and we would welcome any support to help push up the numbers to ensure we meet the target of 400 and above. If anyone is interested in becoming a record breaker then please drop me a PM and I can provide more information.

https://www.facebook.com/drumraghgreatgame?fref=nf

winghalfback

Dungannon won grade 2 hurling title in the feile at the weekend - some achievement. Well done lads.

WT4E

If Tyrone win on Sunday and they likely should - will the next round of league fixtures not have to change as they will be out again on 11th July? Whats the ruling on games involving county players before qualifiers? 7days? 10days?

It looks like either they will have to change the games to Friday night or replace the fixture with a starred round?

Or I am totally mixed up on this?

The Trap

Good point WT4. hopefully it is not left to Sunday night/Monday morning before everyone finds out. How about sending out a scenario A and B now so teams can plan?

redhandefender

I would imagine there will be no fixtures weekend of the 12th?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: redhandefender on June 25, 2015, 12:02:40 PM
I would imagine there will be no fixtures weekend of the 12th?

The county will be out on 11th but there is no club games. I think the lads are referring to club games fixed for Sat week 4th.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Bearded One

Is it not a 6 day rule for county players involved in the qualifiers or am I mistaken? If it is 6 days then the games involving county panelists could be played Saturday and the rest on Sunday 5th. Of course this is all if Tyrone beat Limerick.
It is what it is. Presumably.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 25, 2015, 01:12:24 PM
Is it not a 6 day rule for county players involved in the qualifiers or am I mistaken? If it is 6 days then the games involving county panellists could be played Saturday and the rest on Sunday 5th. Of course this is all if Tyrone beat Limerick.
I believe thats why that weekends fixtures are pencilled in for the saturday at the minute.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

In hiding

It's all about the ifs...
If tyrone beat Limerick on Sunday will the Saturday games that have been scheduled for 4th July be replaced by a starred fixture ??

Mikhailov

Quote from: In hiding on June 25, 2015, 04:02:32 PM
If tyrone beat Limerick on Sunday will the Saturday games that have been scheduled for 4th July be replaced by a starred fixture ??

Why would they be replaced with starred round...?

it is a 6 day rule in back door so if next game (depending Limerick result) is on sat 11th then ACL games on Sat 4th is OK and schedule should go ahead.

In hiding

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 25, 2015, 04:05:58 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 25, 2015, 04:02:32 PM

Why would they be replaced with starred round...?

it is a 6 day rule in back door so if next game (depending Limerick result) is on sat 11th then ACL games on Sat 4th is OK and schedule should go ahead.
Yes that is true. However mickey Harte may ask the county board to change it to give the county team the best possible chance.
They may tell him to clear off...
Or they may give him a helping hand

The Trap

If they stick rigidly to the 6 day rule then why were last weekends games starred? If Tyrone win there is no way county players will be available next weekend so what will they do:

1. play the games that are already scheduled
2. play the next starred round
3. play no games

It is going to happen so why not put a plan in place and let everyone know.

Sorry for ruling you out Limerick!

Club Rossa

Managerial change in Carrickmore I hear.