Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 10, 2015, 10:48:22 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 10, 2015, 08:46:16 AM
Aghaloo beat brackaville on Friday night. There will be no run away winnwr in division 3 this year.

Just thinking the same. Most games have been very tight too. Should be an exciting campaign.

Owen Roes probably the strongest team in it but the starred games will kill them.
Dark horses i would give to the derg. 3 out of 4 and Caolan Harvey hasnt been seen for them yet this year.

Under Lights

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 10, 2015, 01:14:04 PM
Aghaloo beat brackaville on Friday night. There will be no run away winnwr in division 3 this year.

Just thinking the same. Most games have been very tight too. Should be an exciting campaign.

Owen Roes probably the strongest team in it but the starred games will kill them.
Dark horses i would give to the derg. 3 out of 4 and Caolan Harvey hasnt been seen for them yet this year.

Well he got player of the week last week in the ulster herald. Though there are plenty of attacking half backs in the division I would say equal and better him.

Dark horses fintona or CNG for me.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Under Lights on May 10, 2015, 08:04:55 PM

Well he got player of the week last week in the ulster herald. Though there are plenty of attacking half backs in the division I would say equal and better him.

I have seen CNG, Brackaville, Tattyreagh and Castlederg this year, all against Drumquin. Div 3 will be very very tight this year and I cant see the repeat of previous years where one team dominates only dropping the odd point.

CNG wont go up, far too reliant on O'Neill. Brackaville will be towards the top of the table but wasn't impressed with them. Tattyreagh will be mid table again I would say, impressed with their big full forward, Donkey?

Castlederg beat Drumquin yesterday by a single score and were lucky to get the win. Harvey didn't stand out at all, which he should do at that level. Match was played in monsoon like conditions which left it low scoring but competitive. Not sure who the ref was but credit where its due, he was the best I have seen this year in any grade.

Any word on when the next round of games will be played in Div 3?

Tommo2

Any word on league fixtures over the next couple of weeks? I assume there will be no fixtures this weekend.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tommo2 on May 11, 2015, 10:35:43 AM
Any word on league fixtures over the next couple of weeks? I assume there will be no fixtures this weekend.
I would say it will depend if tyrone win or lose.
Theer will be no fixtures this weekend.
If tyroen win, the championship follows the next weekend. If they are beat, it leaves an weekend in between which i would imagine would likley to have league games, although im not sure if they would have to be starred or not?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bogball88

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 11, 2015, 10:03:51 AM

I have seen CNG, Brackaville, Tattyreagh and Castlederg this year, all against Drumquin. Div 3 will be very very tight this year and I cant see the repeat of previous years where one team dominates only dropping the odd point.

CNG wont go up, far too reliant on O'Neill. Brackaville will be towards the top of the table but wasn't impressed with them. Tattyreagh will be mid table again I would say, impressed with their big full forward, Donkey?

Castlederg beat Drumquin yesterday by a single score and were lucky to get the win. Harvey didn't stand out at all, which he should do at that level. Match was played in monsoon like conditions which left it low scoring but competitive. Not sure who the ref was but credit where its due, he was the best I have seen this year in any grade.

What way are drumquin playing oakleaf? Only one point registered so far but have pushed some of the so called stronger teams very close- beat by one by CNG and the derg, beat by 2 by brackaville and drew with the tatts ?

Legoman5

Clonoe and Dromore both looking good so far this season!
Esp Dromore! Defence they look very solid with scores hard to come by for opposing teams!
Any other teams going well? Ardboe seem to have picked things up after the defeat to Trillick!

oakleafgael

Quote from: bogball88 on May 11, 2015, 02:15:27 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on May 11, 2015, 10:03:51 AM

What way are drumquin playing oakleaf? Only one point registered so far but have pushed some of the so called stronger teams very close- beat by one by CNG and the derg, beat by 2 by brackaville and drew with the tatts ?

Playing rightly bogball. You could make a case that they should have 2 or 3 wins and a draw on the board but instead have a single point to show for their 4 games, but ifs buts and maybe's don't win matches. O'Neill should have walked for CnG in the opening match, struck his man right in front of the ref and got away with it. Drumquin missed a free with the last kick for a draw as well. Match away in Brackaville, clear cut penalty not given and beat by two points. Tattyreagh match could have went either way to be fair so a draw was probably a fair result, second half ruined by the weather, once the teams drew level the ref only had one result in his mind. Castlederg match yesterday, hit the bar with a 14 yard free deep in injury time to draw level. Defence pretty solid without playing with a blanket. Big improvement on last year so far.

The Trap

If Tyrone lose on Sunday the first round of the qualifiers is not until the end of June. There would be time to get a couple of league games in and then play championship with every team having at least 5 games played. This would still mean the county would have time to prepare.........is this a possibility? I appreciate Tyrone could win by the way!

barelegs

As far as I'm aware, should Tyrone lose on Sunday then a round of league games will be played on Sunday 24th May and the championship will be run off over the following two weekends. I think the round of games that will be played is the round that was shelved to allow the Under 21s extra preparation for the All Ireland final.

Goals_Will_Come

would take the Ulster Herald player of the week with a pinch of salt. Clearly that decision came from it being a good win for Castlederg and his name being the most recognisable not for his performance.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 11, 2015, 09:38:32 PM

would take the Ulster Herald player of the week with a pinch of salt. Clearly that decision came from it being a good win for Castlederg and his name being the most recognisable not for his performance.

What has this Caolan Harvey done to you GWC?  You seem bitter?

Legoman5

What did poor Harvey do to you GWC, did he roast u up in Greencastle in an underage match one day

Soup an Samajiz

Cookstown still looking for their first win of the year... just shows how tight Div 2 is.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Legoman5 on May 12, 2015, 02:13:46 PM
What did poor Harvey do to you GWC, did he roast u up in Greencastle in an underage match one day
Don't be silly I never played division 4.