Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 07, 2015, 09:17:54 AM
Quote from: Sunny Day on May 07, 2015, 08:51:03 AM
Why are games split over the Friday and Sunday?  Not sure,  but are this weekends fixtures starred?
I think it is to do with the Tyrone minors.
Any fixture involving minors is on friday night AFAIK

They are starred, but that applies only to senior players. I think they've moved them to Friday to allow minors to play and then do something with the County over the weekend as BUOS says.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

Will there be games on Friday or Saturday 15th and 16th May?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Trap on May 07, 2015, 11:10:17 AM
Will there be games on Friday or Saturday 15th and 16th May?

Its doubtful.
That would mean using another starred round of games.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sunny Day

A bit of a farce these starred fixtures now.  I suppose the Clonoe and Omagh game being the most obvious one that sticks out a mile in Division 1.  Would there ever be grounds for appeal in these circumstances?

On another note - I see Fermanagh CCC is at locker horns with Pete McGrath at the moment - Fermanagh County Team mgt called training tomorrow night when there was a full round of league fixtures plannned.  As I mentioned before I think HQ in Dublin need to waken up to the gap of differences between Club and County sooner rather than later and come to a sensible games structure for county competitions.

bogball88

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2015, 11:12:54 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on May 06, 2015, 03:07:22 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2015, 02:49:28 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on May 05, 2015, 09:58:55 PM
Any word of junior Norf?

Nothing. Not too sure when the next league fixtures will be as the two weeks of the senior Championship will be left blank obviously.   So if Tyrone win they are back out on 14th June, and if they lose it'll be 20th or 27th June.

So I'd expect round 2 starred or round 6 division 3 on 7th June to be the next game if Tyrone win.

If Tyrone lose, it'll be the weekend of the 24th.

However it's all a guess!

Is there league games next weekend?

Yeah. We had a free weekend this weekend (17 teams) as per the fixtures sent out.

However they changed the fixtures and no idea why. So we've a few men away. Full fixture list Fri- Sunday.

So youse were meant to have a free weekend this week Norf but the fixtures were changed?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bogball88 on May 07, 2015, 11:43:30 AM
Any word of junior Norf?

Nothing. Not too sure when the next league fixtures will be as the two weeks of the senior Championship will be left blank obviously.   So if Tyrone win they are back out on 14th June, and if they lose it'll be 20th or 27th June.

So I'd expect round 2 starred or round 6 division 3 on 7th June to be the next game if Tyrone win.

Yeah. We had a free weekend this weekend (17 teams) as per the fixtures sent out.

However they changed the fixtures and no idea why. So we've a few men away. Full fixture list Fri- Sunday.

So youse were meant to have a free weekend this week Norf but the fixtures were changed?

Yeah- The fixtures that were issued to clubs at the start of the season had this weekend as Round 6. That week we were the team that had the bye due to the 17 team division. It worked out well as it meant as we were the only team with a County player, and the CCCC were able to get a round in without burning a starred fixture. As such a lot of our lads made plans for this weekend with the wives, girlfriends, boyfriends etc. Indeed we've organised a charity do in the Club for Saturday night to raise money for a relative of a few of the players based on the free weekend.

However the fixtures issued on Monday past scheduled starred round one. No idea why. The thing is they've now burned one of their three rounds of starred games as well. Very frustrating for the players.

bogball88

Tough one that Norf. Hard to get a full strength team out at the best of times

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 07, 2015, 11:56:44 AM
Any word of junior Norf?

Yeah- The fixtures that were issued to clubs at the start of the season had this weekend as Round 6. That week we were the team that had the bye due to the 17 team division. It worked out well as it meant as we were the only team with a County player, and the CCCC were able to get a round in without burning a starred fixture. As such a lot of our lads made plans for this weekend with the wives, girlfriends, boyfriends etc. Indeed we've organised a charity do in the Club for Saturday night to raise money for a relative of a few of the players based on the free weekend.

However the fixtures issued on Monday past scheduled starred round one. No idea why. The thing is they've now burned one of their three rounds of starred games as well. Very frustrating for the players.

As a player, this is THE main frustrating issue with the fixtures.
Games  being changed at the last minute to either give you a free week when you thought you had a game, with no time to plan to do anything with it, or a week you had previously thought was free all of a sudden having a fixture thrown in.
I know its a difficult job arranging the fixtures, but at the minute, its an even harder job arranging the rest of your life around them!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 07, 2015, 02:08:02 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 07, 2015, 11:56:44 AM
Any word of junior Norf?

As a player, this is THE main frustrating issue with the fixtures.
Games  being changed at the last minute to either give you a free week when you thought you had a game, with no time to plan to do anything with it, or a week you had previously thought was free all of a sudden having a fixture thrown in.
I know its a difficult job arranging the fixtures, but at the minute, its an even harder job arranging the rest of your life around them!

The frustrating thing for me is the communication. There should be an explanation why it was changed. Now sometimes things are changed and you just got take your oil. However I can't think of an obvious need to change this week's games. With the vacuum of no information, people make up your own reasons!

The Bearded One

Norf Tyrone I can see where you are coming from re round 6 but the master fixture list always had starred round 1 scheduled for the week before Tyrone v Donegal as far I remember.

I'm still at a loss as to why they skipped to round 7 in Division 3 last weekend.  It would be nice to know what they plan to do in division 3 after the Donegal game but it doesn't look like they'll share that info anytime soon! 
It is what it is. Presumably.

Norf Tyrone

Bearded I think you might be wrong.

It was starred round 1 for Div 1 and Div 2. It was round 6 for Div 3.

Ill dig out the detail tomorrow.

Agree re the round 7 thing. However I've my suspicions re that.

The Bearded One

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 07, 2015, 11:33:10 PM
Bearded I think you might be wrong.

It was starred round 1 for Div 1 and Div 2. It was round 6 for Div 3.

Ill dig out the detail tomorrow.

Agree re the round 7 thing. However I've my suspicions re that.

I could well be wrong, can't find my copy of the master fixtures now. Regardless, the next month or so will be interesting and I can't see much football being played in division 3.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Bearded One on May 07, 2015, 06:12:07 PM
Norf Tyrone I can see where you are coming from re round 6 but the master fixture list always had starred round 1 scheduled for the week before Tyrone v Donegal as far I remember.

I'm still at a loss as to why they skipped to round 7 in Division 3 last weekend.  It would be nice to know what they plan to do in division 3 after the Donegal game but it doesn't look like they'll share that info anytime soon!

Round 7 was played in Div 3 last week at the request of Brackaville I believe who had a social event and it was deemed acceptable to give them a free weekend and not upsetting the fixtures to much.
Living the dream!!!

Under Lights

Aghaloo beat brackaville on Friday night. There will be no run away winnwr in division 3 this year.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on May 10, 2015, 08:46:16 AM
Aghaloo beat brackaville on Friday night. There will be no run away winnwr in division 3 this year.

Just thinking the same. Most games have been very tight too. Should be an exciting campaign.