Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: The Beard on December 11, 2014, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: rrhf on December 11, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
Carmen and Clonoe will be some county final next year. 

Carmen will be no where near it. Unless they get extremely lucky again and play relegation threatened team up until semi final. When was the last time carmen beat a top 5 team in championship since they overcame a self imploding 14man coalisland 2yrs ago?

Appearing in three of the last four Tyrone senior competition finals was all just "extremely lucky"? Catch a grip man.

The Beard

Quote from: Snapchap on December 11, 2014, 01:35:11 PM
Quote from: The Beard on December 11, 2014, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: rrhf on December 11, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
Carmen and Clonoe will be some county final next year. 

Carmen will be no where near it. Unless they get extremely lucky again and play relegation threatened team up until semi final. When was the last time carmen beat a top 5 team in championship since they overcame a self imploding 14man coalisland 2yrs ago?

Appearing in three of the last four Tyrone senior competition finals was all just "extremely lucky"? Catch a grip man.

Read it again. Never said getting to last 3 was lucky but to get to final next year will be extremely lucky.....different argument completely

BennyHarp

There must have been some luck flying around Tyrone last year with both Carrickmore and Omagh exceptionally lucky to get to the final according to the wise men on here.
That was never a square ball!!

Tyrone Gaa

Takes a bitta luck along the way to win tournaments.  It wouldn't be a criticism, that can be a late goal, a referee decision or the luck of the draw.  I don't think anyone can say the winners or runners up were undeserving but they had a bitta luck along the way.
Living the dream!!!

The Beard

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 11, 2014, 02:53:21 PM
There must have been some luck flying around Tyrone last year with both Carrickmore and Omagh exceptionally lucky to get to the final according to the wise men on here.

I dont mean lucky per se. Omagh were deserving champs and showed the desire and heart that many people on here thought they were lacking. I dont mean to say carmen were lucky either. They beat who were in front of them and were deserving finalists, in fact perhaps unlucky in the final but I just think that they had a relatively easy run in and that they would be up against it if played any of top 5 teams early in championship. But only my opinion and im sure plenty will disagree.

Round or stuffed

All this dung talked and still no mention of the best managerial appointment of the year

In hiding

Quote from: Round or stuffed on December 11, 2014, 04:58:08 PM
All this dung talked and still no mention of the best managerial appointment of the year
you mean palor mc nulty to eskra?

redzone

id prob go a step further and split the teams into 3 tiers.

1 omagh- top dogs and everybody will be out to knock them of there perch
2 clonoe - no1 in most peoples eyes and heirs to the throne
3 errigal -  badly missing enda McGinley but still capable of winning the oneill cup
4 dromore - full squad back for an assault on the champ.the 1 team everyone would like to see win it.not
5 island - young squad who can beat anyone on their day or flop.better as underdogs
6 Carmen - nothing more than a champ success will do.not the force of old and fear factor gone
7 ardboe - always regarded as potential champ winners without ever proving why.young team coming thru
8 killyclogher - league winners but flopped badly in championship.big year next year
9 moy - cavanghs to the fore can beat anyone,mid table team
10 trillick - young team,flopped badly in inter final,unbeaten other than that all year
11 - eglish - physical team on their day tough to beat
12 - donaghmore - miracle team who defy gravity every year
13 - dungannon - young team should do well next year
14- augher - will find it tough next year
15 greencastle - will be hard to beat at home next year,good start needed
16 strabane - another team hard to beat at home and good start needed

realistically any team could move up or down 1 or 2 places but I see the league like a lot of others do.top 6, middle tier, and then bottom tier.big question is who will take that 6th spot.if Carmen don't win the oneill cup then the year will be failure.if they are to win one then it will have to be soon with conor gormley playing.

rrhf

So if ye beat a full out Moy by 17 points in a must win for both teams ye end up below them.  Load a crap here lads.

rrhf

And Trillick and Eglish. No research done here today.  Lads. Outside the top 8 the rest are competitively matched. And I bet at least 2 will push into the top 6.

In hiding

Did eglish not beat Donaghmore handy enough in the championship this year

rrhf

Their best player unfortunately now in oz

tiempo

Quote from: rrhf on December 12, 2014, 12:19:24 AM
And Trillick and Eglish. No research done here today.  Lads. Outside the top 8 the rest are competitively matched. And I bet at least 2 will push into the top 6.

2 from outside the top 8 will push into the top 6? does that mean we'll have 8 in the top 6 and 10 in the top 8? ;-)

Mikhailov

Quote from: tiempo on December 12, 2014, 08:22:32 AM
Quote from: rrhf on December 12, 2014, 12:19:24 AM

2 from outside the top 8 will push into the top 6? does that mean we'll have 8 in the top 6 and 10 in the top 8? ;-)

we can discuss selective team performances over the course of the season whereby one team surprisingly beats another easily or whatever, but when put into the context of a full division 1 season the same teams end up in the top 6 with maybe 1 surprise team on occasion like KC last year - although they have always been a decent team who are never in relegation bother. The reality is that Div 1 is 2 x sets of 8 and very rarely does a team come out of nowhere to achieve anything in Tyrone football. Outsiders cannot believe the standard of the league and find it even harder to fathom the fact that in many peoples opinion Omagh were not considered a top 4 team until this season....we have arguably 8-10 teams could win the O'Neill Cup which other counties just don't have....

Tyrone Gaa

With a lot of local senior clubs opting for Derry management, where are all the Tyrone men?  Who are the top Tyrone managers and why are these men not reaching the heights.  Few names spring to mind and maybe you can tell me if they are in employment.

Liam Donnelly (Trillick) Is he associated with any external clubs
Chris Lawn (All Ireland with Cookstown) is he with Moortown
Pascal Canavan (Formerly based in Cavan) Is he still in the game
Mark Harte - Rosela?
Sean Teague - Still with Greencastle??
Raymond Munroe - Has he a club?

Are there any emergening managers in Tyrone?  Philip Jordan had a good run with the Moy at the end of last season but I have heard he wont be there this year
Living the dream!!!