Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: In hiding on December 10, 2014, 06:58:50 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 10, 2014, 05:47:02 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 10, 2014, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 10, 2014, 02:40:50 PM
I would be confident enough to say that Omagh wont win next years championship
ok I'll bite. I agree it may be unlikely omagh will win next years Championship, I'm curious to know how you can be fairly confident they wont.
do you think carmen have a better chance.

Not at all! I think its virtually impossible to retain the Tyrone championship at the minute. Omagh should have been beat 3 times in this year and a mixture of factors got them over the line. You need luck to win a Tyrone championship and i just think someone else may get a little rub of the green next year.
You just about beat Dromore without McCusker
Ok, you may well be right, as I said it may be unlikely that omagh will win next year, but..
You say omagh should have been beaten 3 times this year, they outscored Coalisland 0-5 to 0-0 in the last 10 mins of the first round... Not much luck involved there, indeed had carrickmore done that we would all be raving about their never say die attitude. Carrickmore and Dromore could both have won but neither should have won, indeed carmens best performance in two years still wasn't good enough to win. Going by your reckoning Errigal should have beat Clonoe, Clonoe should have beaten Dromore and Augher should have beaten carmen. Just because someone wins by a point doesn't mean they should have been beat. Slaughtneil won the ulster club final by a point in injury time, good luck to them they deserve it

Omagh should have beat them though!  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

In hiding

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 10, 2014, 07:22:32 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 10, 2014, 06:58:50 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 10, 2014, 05:47:02 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 10, 2014, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 10, 2014, 02:40:50 PM
I would be confident enough to say that Omagh wont win next years championship
ok I'll bite. I agree it may be unlikely omagh will win next years Championship, I'm curious to know how you can be fairly confident they wont.
do you think carmen have a better chance.

Not at all! I think its virtually impossible to retain the Tyrone championship at the minute. Omagh should have been beat 3 times in this year and a mixture of factors got them over the line. You need luck to win a Tyrone championship and i just think someone else may get a little rub of the green next year.
You just about beat Dromore without McCusker
Ok, you may well be right, as I said it may be unlikely that omagh will win next year, but..
You say omagh should have been beaten 3 times this year, they outscored Coalisland 0-5 to 0-0 in the last 10 mins of the first round... Not much luck involved there, indeed had carrickmore done that we would all be raving about their never say die attitude. Carrickmore and Dromore could both have won but neither should have won, indeed carmens best performance in two years still wasn't good enough to win. Going by your reckoning Errigal should have beat Clonoe, Clonoe should have beaten Dromore and Augher should have beaten carmen. Just because someone wins by a point doesn't mean they should have been beat. Slaughtneil won the ulster club final by a point in injury time, good luck to them they deserve it

Omagh should have beat them though!  ;)
:D

ose 14

i would say omagh have as good as chance of any of the aforementioned teams of winning the championship and to bring up an absent owen mccusker as the reason they beat dromore is a little bit sour grapes omagh played without conor clarke bar 20 mins in this years championship played a final without miheal gallagher and had conan grugan play the whole of the dromore match with a broken hand. i point you to the first kick out of the match which he caught clean and broke his hand doing so when he landed. teams get injuries and whilst an an injured mccusker may have made a difference theres no guarantee he would have got a kick of the best fullback in the county. anyway roddy i think your still a bit bitter look after carmen and omagh will look after themselves maybe we can draw a couple of handy ones and make a final save ourselfs for that eh?. omagh are deserved county champions and slaughtneill deserved ulster champions to the rest keep licking the salt it helps the auld bitterness.

Wee Roddy

Sour grapes! Not at all. Carmen have won many games like that over the years. In my opinion Clonoe are tops, Dromore 2nd , and Errigal, Killyclogher, Omagh Coalisland and Carmen are all much of a sameness

redzone

I would rank the teams as
1 omagh
2 clonoe
3 errigal
4 dromore
5 island
6 Carmen
7 ardboe
8 killyclogher
9 moy
10 trillick
11 eglish
12 donghamore
13 dungannon
14 augher
15 greencastle
16 strabane

GlenMan

Quote from: redzone on December 10, 2014, 08:16:25 PM
1 omagh
2 clonoe
3 errigal
4 dromore
5 island
6 Carmen
7 ardboe
8 killyclogher
9 moy
10 trillick
11 eglish
12 donghamore
13 dungannon
14 augher
15 greencastle
16 strabane

I'd say Killyclogher have a better chance than that. It may have been forgotten that they won the Senior League this year due to Omagh being in Ulster.

In hiding

Quote from: GlenMan on December 10, 2014, 08:50:49 PM
1 omagh
2 clonoe
3 errigal
4 dromore
5 island
6 Carmen
7 ardboe
8 killyclogher
9 moy
10 trillick
11 eglish
12 donghamore
13 dungannon
14 augher
15 greencastle
16 strabane

I'd say Killyclogher have a better chance than that. It may have been forgotten that they won the Senior League this year due to Omagh being in Ulster.
Aye I agree with glenman, killyclogher should be seventh above ardboe

ose 14

in fairness ardboe won 2 championship games this year.

The Beard

Quote from: In hiding on December 10, 2014, 09:05:36 PM
1 omagh
2 clonoe
3 errigal
4 dromore
5 island
6 Carmen
7 ardboe
8 killyclogher
9 moy
10 trillick
11 eglish
12 donghamore
13 dungannon
14 augher
15 greencastle
16 strabane

Omagh and clonoe both tops based on quality of players. Dromore just slightly behind though only slightly because few top players moving on but seem to be able to bring players through to replace them. Errigal probably behind that in 4th along with coalisland who very easily couldve had a good championship run this year too. Killyclogher 6th and moving in right direction, whether improving quick enough to become number 1 at end of year remains to be seen. Carmen, despite this years easy run to final probably after this, dont think too many team would worry about drawing them in the first round. Ardboe in around this level too but the biggest thing with them is seem to be moving in wrong direction. Get further away every year. Then after that all around same level with little chance of winning the championship.

God14

1 omagh
2 clonoe
3 errigal
4 dromore
5 island
6 Carmen
7 ardboe
8 killyclogher
9 moy
10 trillick
11 eglish
12 donghamore
13 dungannon
14 augher
15 greencastle
16 strabane

Surprised Wee Roddy hasn't been on yet to Contest carmens position

longballin

A lot depends on how far Tyrone roll. A long run would not suit Omagh at all with games club championship games squeezed into a few weeks. Injuries with Tyrone would also be detrimental. Early Tyrone exit was good for Omagh this year.

nrico2006

1 omagh
2 clonoe
3 errigal
4 dromore
5 island
6 Carmen
7 ardboe
8 killyclogher
9 moy
10 trillick
11 eglish
12 donghamore
13 dungannon
14 augher
15 greencastle
16 strabane

Strabane could be as high as 10th in that list, don't understand them being put at 16th
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Wee Roddy

Quote from: God14 on December 11, 2014, 08:26:25 AM
1 omagh
2 clonoe
3 errigal
4 dromore
5 island
6 Carmen
7 ardboe
8 killyclogher
9 moy
10 trillick
11 eglish
12 donghamore
13 dungannon
14 augher
15 greencastle
16 strabane

Surprised Wee Roddy hasn't been on yet to Contest carmens position
I wasnt going to because its all about opinions.
Im my opinion, regardless of who they beat, a team that has won the league last year and got to 2 county finals in a row hardly 7th best in the county. Alot of people are placing emphasis in a bad start to the league. This was because a manager who had won the league the previous year tried to get new players blooded in. He misread some of them perhaps. When they were at full strength the county final was the only game they lost from the Omagh league game in July.
I agree that they will be far from favourites but why would Coalisland for example be ahead of them?
Personally i think Clonoe will take some stopping.

rrhf

Carmen and Clonoe will be some county final next year. 

The Beard

Quote from: rrhf on December 11, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
Carmen and Clonoe will be some county final next year. 

Carmen will be no where near it. Unless they get extremely lucky again and play relegation threatened team up until semi final. When was the last time carmen beat a top 5 team in championship since they overcame a self imploding 14man coalisland 2yrs ago?