Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inobest

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 05, 2014, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 05, 2014, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 05, 2014, 07:31:53 PM
They have! There will be some gowling at referees next year from the line. No one in the club wanted the main man's job so they went out to Derry. We've a good record with Derry men
Gowling at referees !!!
I thought Cassidy was staying with Clonoe. :)

Seriously, who the new boss... Baker?

Ahh must be Brennan is it?

Enda Gormley the name I'm hearing. Big surprise as he wasn't the most popular round Galbally

In hiding

Carmen Stateside

ose 14

glenman would besmirking a club by calling them arrogant arseholes who spout verbal abuse not be doing the same thing. sounds as if your still jealous of omagh getting the electric in the fifties the glen is an awful parochial wee place. couldnt imagine said letterkenny player if this happened at all not havent heard this before. if were going to talk sectarianism and being offended what do you determine thommo as sectarianism. how far do you go before its sectarianism. surely the ref and umpires would act if they heard any verbal abuse. black card for the chat i believe. anyways all sounds a bit sour grapes and a wee bit to pc what nice boys we have on here looks like some of you never played the game sledging goes on in all sports youboys all get to mass now and pray no more of this terrible sledging goes on.

longballin

Filled the drawers in the second half against Slaughtnail though. L #OSE   ::)

Club boi

So I hear Enda Gormley confirmed as Carmen manager. Not the best of record with Galbally. Any Galbally men here wanna say differently??

bigfrank

Know for sure that Galbally wanted Gormley to stay on and approached him about a 2nd year

The Trap

Great senior championship in store next year with Omagh, Carmen, Ardboe, Dromore, Clonoe, Errigal, Coalisland and Killyclogher vying for the O'Neill Cup.

Man Marker

Quote from: The Trap on December 10, 2014, 09:35:16 AM
Great senior championship in store next year with Omagh, Carmen, Ardboe, Dromore, Clonoe, Errigal, Coalisland and Killyclogher vying for the O'Neill Cup.

Certainly is, with IMO only Omagh, Clonoe and Errigal capable of winning it, but the others capable of winning a one off game against the another big hitters. But also injuries etc will have a big impact on what potential each team will make.

Wee Roddy

I would be confident enough to say that Omagh wont win next years championship

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Man Marker on December 10, 2014, 12:11:39 PM

Certainly is, with IMO only Omagh, Clonoe and Errigal capable of winning it, but the others capable of winning a one off game against the another big hitters. But also injuries etc will have a big impact on what potential each team will make.

Im not sure how you cant consider Dromore "Capable" of winning it.  Both Dromore and Coalisland should have beaten Omagh this year and had very impressive league campaigns.  Obviously they didnt beat Omagh but there definately challengers.  I dont think anyone will be hoping to draw Dromore or Coalisland even Carrickmore for that matter.

There is the top half of which any team can have a realistic ambition to win a championship then there are the rest.  Eglish, Trilick, Greencastle, Moy, Augher, Dungannon, Donaghmore 
Living the dream!!!

In hiding

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 10, 2014, 02:40:50 PM
ok I'll bite. I agree it may be unlikely omagh will win next years Championship, I'm curious to know how you can be fairly confident they wont.
do you think carmen have a better chance.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 10, 2014, 03:08:24 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on December 10, 2014, 12:11:39 PM

Im not sure how you cant consider Dromore "Capable" of winning it.  Both Dromore and Coalisland should have beaten Omagh this year and had very impressive league campaigns.  Obviously they didnt beat Omagh but there definately challengers.  I dont think anyone will be hoping to draw Dromore or Coalisland even Carrickmore for that matter.

There is the top half of which any team can have a realistic ambition to win a championship then there are the rest.  Eglish, Trilick, Greencastle, Moy, Augher, Dungannon, Donaghmore

Typical anti North Tyrone bias. Mentioned every side bar Strabane.  >:(
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Wee Roddy

Quote from: In hiding on December 10, 2014, 03:45:30 PM
ok I'll bite. I agree it may be unlikely omagh will win next years Championship, I'm curious to know how you can be fairly confident they wont.

Not at all! I think its virtually impossible to retain the Tyrone championship at the minute. Omagh should have been beat 3 times in this year and a mixture of factors got them over the line. You need luck to win a Tyrone championship and i just think someone else may get a little rub of the green next year.
You just about beat Dromore without McCusker

In hiding

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 10, 2014, 05:47:02 PM
Quote from: In hiding on December 10, 2014, 03:45:30 PM

Not at all! I think its virtually impossible to retain the Tyrone championship at the minute. Omagh should have been beat 3 times in this year and a mixture of factors got them over the line. You need luck to win a Tyrone championship and i just think someone else may get a little rub of the green next year.
You just about beat Dromore without McCusker
Ok, you may well be right, as I said it may be unlikely that omagh will win next year, but..
You say omagh should have been beaten 3 times this year, they outscored Coalisland 0-5 to 0-0 in the last 10 mins of the first round... Not much luck involved there, indeed had carrickmore done that we would all be raving about their never say die attitude. Carrickmore and Dromore could both have won but neither should have won, indeed carmens best performance in two years still wasn't good enough to win. Going by your reckoning Errigal should have beat Clonoe, Clonoe should have beaten Dromore and Augher should have beaten carmen. Just because someone wins by a point doesn't mean they should have been beat. Slaughtneil won the ulster club final by a point in injury time, good luck to them they deserve it