Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Word is Letterkenny have contacted Omagh about comments of a sectarian nature made to one of their players...

Bensars

Quote from: longballin on December 05, 2014, 01:48:19 PM
Word is Letterkenny have contacted Omagh about comments of a sectarian nature made to one of their players...

Its not as if they are were playing Linfield or Killen !
Smacks of trying to stir sh*t up weeks after the event.

If as you claim, why didnt the individual involved do something about it rather than running to teacher !   Boo Hoo ! :'(

Feck me if i ran to the club to complain about everything that was said to me over the years the Club secretary would have needed a forest in his back yard for the amount of paper he would need ! Some of these sensitive souls may need to look at alternative recreations like  badminton or indoor bowls or something !

longballin

The player it seems, his father is a Protestant. maybe he should have bust whoever said it, if it was said. Then again he would get sent off which was probably the plan. watch this space...

Bensars

Load of shite IMO. Im sure this hasnt been been brought up to the individual before in club games etc , it would hardly be breaking news!By the way, would it not make it  factual, rather than sectarian ?   As i said badminton is the sport for a sensitive soul with a delicate disposition

longballin

so Aaron Cunningham was wrong to report racism? Thrash talk is for cowards

Bensars

Trash talk has been going on for years. And will continue. But we have to be realstic here. No Racism shouldnt be tolerated, but we cant go complaining to clubs and making a song and dance about every feckin thing said on a pitch. I would see through if it was u-8 who didnt know how to cope with it.

I have had my parentage questioned on many occassions, mother/ father etc brought up, my own characteritics assessed and critiqued, my sisters sexual prowess exhaulted ( i dont have a sister) to name but a few

feck sake get over it !   We teach children that sticks and stones may break their bones but names will never harm them , and then we have this. It might not be PC but its like nanny state syndrome gone wrong.  As i said above its not a fecking U-8

longballin

you're very passionate about this one  :P

winghalfback

Quote from: Bensars on December 05, 2014, 03:01:12 PM
Trash talk has been going on for years. And will continue. But we have to be realstic here. No Racism shouldnt be tolerated, but we cant go complaining to clubs and making a song and dance about every feckin thing said on a pitch. I would see through if it was u-8 who didnt know how to cope with it.

I have had my parentage questioned on many occassions, mother/ father etc brought up, my own characteritics assessed and critiqued, my sisters sexual prowess exhaulted ( i dont have a sister) to name but a few

feck sake get over it !   We teach children that sticks and stones may break their bones but names will never harm them , and then we have this. It might not be PC but its like nanny state syndrome gone wrong.  As i said above its not a fecking U-8

What would the difference be between racism and sectarianism? Would one be worse than the other? Enlighten us please?

omaghjoe

Quote from: winghalfback on December 05, 2014, 05:48:29 PM
Quote from: Bensars on December 05, 2014, 03:01:12 PM

I have had my parentage questioned on many occasions, mother/ father etc brought up, my own characteritics assessed and critiqued, my sisters sexual prowess exhaulted ( i dont have a sister) to name but a few

What would the difference be between racism and sectarianism? Would one be worse than the other? Enlighten us please?

Sectarianism is religious discrimination and Racism is race discrimination

Is one worse than the other? Hmm good question depends the preconception of the society which is undoubtedly influenced by historical instances and perpetuation within the same society.

On another point does racism include ethnic discrimination? or are they different?

Actually what is the difference between race and ethnicity anyway? Culture?

Also while we are at it What the name for discrimination between administrative states?

In hiding

Have carrickmore got a manager yet

Wee Roddy

They have! There will be some gowling at referees next year from the line. No one in the club wanted the main man's job so they went out to Derry. We've a good record with Derry men

In hiding

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 05, 2014, 07:31:53 PM
They have! There will be some gowling at referees next year from the line. No one in the club wanted the main man's job so they went out to Derry. We've a good record with Derry men
Gowling at referees !!!
I thought Cassidy was staying with Clonoe. :)

Seriously, who the new boss... Baker?

omaghjoe

Quote from: In hiding on December 05, 2014, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 05, 2014, 07:31:53 PM
Gowling at referees !!!
I thought Cassidy was staying with Clonoe. :)

Seriously, who the new boss... Baker?

Ahh must be Brennan is it?

Tommo2

Quote from: Bensars on December 05, 2014, 02:16:04 PM

If as you claim, why didnt the individual involved do something about it rather than running to teacher !   Boo Hoo ! :'(

Feck me if i ran to the club to complain about everything that was said to me over the years the Club secretary would have needed a forest in his back yard for the amount of paper he would need ! Some of these sensitive souls may need to look at alternative recreations like  badminton or indoor bowls or something !

He did! He spoke to the superstar after the game in the car park and made his feelings known. Not a good reflection on Omagh considering they like to appeal to all sections of the community.

GlenMan

Quote from: Tommo2 on December 05, 2014, 09:29:40 PM
Quote from: Bensars on December 05, 2014, 02:16:04 PM

He did! He spoke to the superstar after the game in the car park and made his feelings known. Not a good reflection on Omagh considering they like to appeal to all sections of the community.

Not very surprised with Omagh. A Club full of arrogant a**eh**es! I've heard reports of verbal abuse throughout their teams including Under 14!