Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HealyHellRaiser

Fair few good coaches about but seem to just help out with the club. Sean Daly, Ryan Daly carrickmore. Tommy Mc Dermott Errigal, Stevie Quinn Errigal ( both involved) Niall Colton Dromore. Fe lads around Omagh making great in roads to coaching but still a few playing ball. Any more out there?

Wee Roddy

The Carmen lads you mentioned would be very good underage coaches and Ryan Daly certainly done a good job of Castlederg two years ago. Sean has been out of it for a while i think although there are rumour he may be involved with Carmen this year. Gavan McElroy would have a good record with the ladies and is good too

drillsergeant

I heard that Pascal Canavan is McKinless assistant at Ardboe does anyone know if true??

Mikhailov

Quote from: drillsergeant on November 06, 2014, 10:13:28 AM
I heard that Pascal Canavan is McKinless assistant at Ardboe does anyone know if true??

Think it is Joe Canavan that is involved as previously he was with Ballinderry - younger brother of Pascal and PTG..

redhandloo

Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roes on the lookout for a new boss if anyone is interested.  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Bearded One

I'm surprised to see that Norf Tyrone, the existing set up have made massive progress and I thought they might have given it one more push next year.
It is what it is. Presumably.

TyroneBill

Quote from: wee scully on November 05, 2014, 11:40:21 AM
Division 2 reserve league - Loughmacrory reckoned they won it - a few in the CCC decided otherwise  - Loughmacrory appealed the neighbour man's decision to make it a playoff and went to Ulster and they won hands down. The seemingly friendly neighbour seemed to do eveything to ensure that the noisy neighbours didn't get the trophy early on and it appears that the resident's committee have been duped into thinking that the best way to resolve the dispute is to take it to the highest authority and pour red diesel onto the fire. Meanwhile the clubs who played for most of the year have packed up and gone home and the cup trophy that was to be presented for the reserve league is lying in a cupboard or the back seat of some man's car.

Another fine mess we've got ourselves into. More trips to Armagh, Dublin, diesel money and big feeds to be paid for.

'Seemingly friendly neighbour'    - I actually did laugh out loud at this one!!  Great explanation!!

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 23, 2014, 01:54:50 PM
All speculation im afraid. I myself dont think Barney will be going anywhere. He has improved the style of play from the drivel we had to watch under Corrigan and McBride and still won a league and got to 2 senior finals and an U21 final. There is no doubt the inclusive of Paddy Tally helped but Barney was the man making the decisions and perhaps they were decisions alot of his more senior players didnt agree with. i watched both him and his backroom team last Saturday in Loughmacrory and the passion is still there so unless he is pushed i doubt if he will leave. He grew up with the chairman who has been a former manager and i cant see them pushing.

He is away alright but i dont think he was pushed. All sorts of rumours floating about as to who will take the job. Seamie McCallan and Ciaran McAleer are names that keep popping up this week. So it appears we will be going inside again. I would like to see Ronan McGarrity doing it but big Seamie did a fine job with Kileshal so i suppose he deserves a crack.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Bearded One on November 06, 2014, 12:47:31 PM
I'm surprised to see that Norf Tyrone, the existing set up have made massive progress and I thought they might have given it one more push next year.

They certainly did and we are disappointed they've stepped down. Work commitments I am afraid that could not be worked around.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

They certainly did and we are disappointed they've stepped down. Work commitments I am afraid that could not be worked around.

Norf, who were your management last year...?

Gaffer

Quote from: redhandloo on November 06, 2014, 10:26:58 AM
Not true.
Joe Canavan is.

Joe it is. He's a schoolmaster in Ardboe primary. Think he's the gaffer there.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 07, 2014, 01:44:53 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

Norf, who were your management last year...?

All inside men. Gerard Porter was the boss.

Mikhailov

Very quiet on here at the minute despite 2 of our clubs playing this weekend. Fancy Omagh to win by 3-4 and Rock to win by 7-8.

Both teams could easily win their respective competitions especially Rock who are a solid Intermediate team if we are being honest - no way are they junior although it was their own fault they ended up there in the first place! I expect both them and the Hill to hold their own next year in Div 2 in what looks a ultra competitive division

Omagh will have gained some confidence from winning Tyrone then beating the mighty Cross so I think they should certainly have too much for St. Eunans.

Tyrone Gaa

St Eunan's are not to be under-estimated, they easily disposed of Kilcar and beat a decent Glenswilly team.  I do agree about the rock though, they should be winning handy enough.
Living the dream!!!