Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 23, 2014, 08:07:25 AM
Quote from: time ticking away on October 22, 2014, 12:36:59 PM
Any other clubs changing managers over the winter ? Augher and Strabane are already looking for new men for next year. Will Dromore, Clonoe, Errigal, Coalisland and Carrickmore all continue as before ?
I heard Mcginley is being added to the Errigal setup just, the rest staying on

Is that the rest of the EC management stays the same or the rest of the teams mentioned...

Surprised to hear Ronan has stayed but he obviously is very capable if EC keeping him for 4th year - thought he would have gone back home to try and get Ballinderry back into the winners spot again.

Sad to hear wee Barney may be gone. He has done a very decent job, got Carmen to 3 finals, winning 1 of them. Will be some pressure on new man to succeed at Colmcille Pairc

Any other management changes predicted or confirmed for the Div 1,2 & 3 in Tyrone..?

Will Ballinderry change their men, does Fabian Muldoon follow McKinless to Ardboe as he has been with him for 3 years previously

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 23, 2014, 10:18:41 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 23, 2014, 08:07:25 AM
Quote from: time ticking away on October 22, 2014, 12:36:59 PM
Any other clubs changing managers over the winter ? Augher and Strabane are already looking for new men for next year. Will Dromore, Clonoe, Errigal, Coalisland and Carrickmore all continue as before ?
I heard Mcginley is being added to the Errigal setup just, the rest staying on

Is that the rest of the EC management stays the same or the rest of the teams mentioned...

Surprised to hear Ronan has stayed but he obviously is very capable if EC keeping him for 4th year - thought he would have gone back home to try and get Ballinderry back into the winners spot again.

Sad to hear wee Barney may be gone. He has done a very decent job, got Carmen to 3 finals, winning 1 of them. Will be some pressure on new man to succeed at Colmcille Pairc

Any other management changes predicted or confirmed for the Div 1,2 & 3 in Tyrone..?

Will Ballinderry change their men, does Fabian Muldoon follow McKinless to Ardboe as he has been with him for 3 years previously

I was just refering to Errigal
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rrhf

Gormley done great with Carmen.  Shows the ambition of the club.  Of course the O Neill Cup is Carmens target every year but 2 finals in two years and a win in the league final.  Most clubs would give their right arm...

Knock Yer Mucker In

Wee Roddy

All speculation im afraid. I myself dont think Barney will be going anywhere. He has improved the style of play from the drivel we had to watch under Corrigan and McBride and still won a league and got to 2 senior finals and an U21 final. There is no doubt the inclusive of Paddy Tally helped but Barney was the man making the decisions and perhaps they were decisions alot of his more senior players didnt agree with. i watched both him and his backroom team last Saturday in Loughmacrory and the passion is still there so unless he is pushed i doubt if he will leave. He grew up with the chairman who has been a former manager and i cant see them pushing.

Club boi

Men, stop blowing about wee Barneys "Achievements". Carmen got a walk to the County Final 2 years running and he won a secondary competition in every clubs eyes. Ur said poor managers of Corrigan and Mc Bride could very easily have also taken Carmen to those finals. Everybody remembers O'Neill Cup winners, nobody care's who wins the league. Did Carmel even play any of "Big Boys" in the Semi of the league?? I know they were very lucky to beat Ardboe in the final (Probably the 6th best team in Tyrone)

Tyrone Gaa

Club Boi, think you are very wrong. Try telling Killyclogher the league doesn't matter. A player can win 2 competitions per year. Obviously Championship is the ultimate goal but if you can't win that you wud take a league win. 14 or 15 clubs go home each year empty handed. Success breeds Success
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 24, 2014, 08:38:26 AM
Club Boi, think you are very wrong. Try telling Killyclogher the league doesn't matter. A player can win 2 competitions per year. Obviously Championship is the ultimate goal but if you can't win that you wud take a league win. 14 or 15 clubs go home each year empty handed. Success breeds Success
+1
the attitude towards the league from some baffles me
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 24, 2014, 08:54:08 AM
+1

Jeez Lads, youse 2 must have some medals tucked away in the back pocket....

The league is very important for any team looking to make the step up - in reality the only ones who look down upon it are the teams who either have won it or champo recently and then their priorities change but I bet if you ask any club outside top 6 if they want to win the ACL then they would of course say yes.

I appreciate the C'ship is the big one but why play 15 ACL games if you genuinely don't want to win it - a lot of clubs only take the foot off the pedal when they cant win it then come out with this crap that 'league doesn't really matter' - but it really mattered before they won it a year or two earlier....

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 24, 2014, 09:28:51 AM
+1

The league is very important for any team looking to make the step up - in reality the only ones who look down upon it are the teams who either have won it or champo recently and then their priorities change but I bet if you ask any club outside top 6 if they want to win the ACL then they would of course say yes.

I appreciate the C'ship is the big one but why play 15 ACL games if you genuinely don't want to win it - a lot of clubs only take the foot off the pedal when they cant win it then come out with this crap that 'league doesn't really matter' - but it really mattered before they won it a year or two earlier....
Im agreeing with you!

What baffles me is the attitude of some of the'big' clubs that the league doesnt matter

Mikhailov

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 24, 2014, 09:37:46 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 24, 2014, 09:28:51 AM
+1

Im agreeing with you!

What baffles me is the attitude of some of the'big' clubs that the league doesnt matter

OK BUOS - apologies for not reading your post correctly. Need to stop following this on my phone  >:(

Club boi

Ask any Killyclogher or any club footballer would they rather win the League Or Championship??

Case Closed

Club boi

I would also be confident in saying Most Clubs "Use" the league to "experiment" and finding their best 15 for the Championship

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club boi on October 24, 2014, 12:16:52 PM
Ask any Killyclogher or any club footballer would they rather win the League Or Championship??

Case Closed

Ask any premier league player if they would rather win the premier league or the champions league and i would say most of them would say champions league. That doesnt mean they dont want to win the PL!!
No one is saying the championship isnt the big prize, but to completly dismiss the league the way some people seem to is ridiculous

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club boi on October 24, 2014, 12:19:33 PM
I would also be confident in saying Most Clubs "Use" the league to "experiment" and finding their best 15 for the Championship
by 'most' clubs i take it you mean the top 4-6 ?
Becuase if the rest of them spent the league experimenting, they wouldnt be playing in the senior championship too long