Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: NDA on August 28, 2014, 11:41:25 AM
Quote from: Napper on August 28, 2014, 11:35:46 AM
Quote from: NDA on August 28, 2014, 11:14:10 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 28, 2014, 10:57:37 AM
Quote from: NDA on August 28, 2014, 10:49:35 AM
Mark Harte story not true. Bit of a kick in the teeth for the credibility of Teamtalk.

They did state them as rumours though- gossip column as such.

Can see Teamtalk getting the RTE treatment. Thought that show they did after Tyrone defeat had an agenda.

IMO Teamtalk shouldn't publish rumours or gossip just report on games and facts.

Seemed a little to suspect. Wonder why the county board hasn't denied it yet.
County Board PRO has officially denied it

NDA Napper (Hugh the root) hates the cooutny board so don't worry about it! lol

NDA

Quote from: God14 on August 28, 2014, 11:55:52 AM
Quote from: NDA on August 28, 2014, 11:44:51 AM
Quote from: God14 on August 28, 2014, 11:38:57 AM
At the end of the day Teamtalk is an entirely independent effort from a few individuals. If they want to include a gossip column sure why not? Id hazard a guess that the desire for website hits, and/or to be the first to break the news got the better of them & they spoke too soon. No harm done though as it was clearly stipulated in their article that it was an unconfirmed rumour

I think Teamtalk in general are very good, recently though since Tyrone defeat I think they have been a bit too tabloid in their approach. Can see Mickey Harte taking exception and wouldn't really blame him.

Surely Harte wouldn't want another fallout with another media outlet?
Hopefully not. Teamtalk I think need to take a bit more care and stay away from gossip and agendas.

God14

Quote from: NDA on August 28, 2014, 12:35:12 PM
At the end of the day Teamtalk is an entirely independent effort from a few individuals. If they want to include a gossip column sure why not? Id hazard a guess that the desire for website hits, and/or to be the first to break the news got the better of them & they spoke too soon. No harm done though as it was clearly stipulated in their article that it was an unconfirmed rumour

I think Teamtalk in general are very good, recently though since Tyrone defeat I think they have been a bit too tabloid in their approach. Can see Mickey Harte taking exception and wouldn't really blame him.

Hopefully not. Teamtalk I think need to take a bit more care and stay away from gossip and agendas.

Are you serious? Lets leave the official propaganda machine to the county board website & leave teamtalk the way it is... Christ!

NDA

Quote from: God14 on August 28, 2014, 12:54:17 PM
Quote from: NDA on August 28, 2014, 12:35:12 PM

Are you serious? Lets leave the official propaganda machine to the county board website & leave teamtalk the way it is... Christ!

Teamtalk published a rumour that had absolutely no basis in reality. They were probably misled by someone with an agenda against Mickey Harte. So yes I am serious they need to be careful what they publish and should have done more research before putting on website.

Under Lights

NDA it sounds like you might pull your sponsorship of teamtalkmag website.

The Trap

Back to the football - the senior games are difficult to call - neither Ardboe or Carmen have been up to much so far but either would fancy winning the O'Neill Cup at this stage. I take Ardboe narrowly.
Dromore have been dealt a huge blow with the accident to Eoin McCusker, while Omagh got beat by Donaghmore at the weekend......going to go for Omagh.
In intermediate Trillick look strong favourites to win it but will get tested by Pomeroy if they turn up!!!! I am shading for Dungannon to have too much pace for Urney, though Urney have a lot more experience.
Everyone is expecting a Derrytresk/Rock Junior final and that will motivate the Derg and Owen Roes. Both semi finals could be close but will take the favs to progress.

NDA

Quote from: Under Lights on August 28, 2014, 01:05:57 PM
NDA it sounds like you might pull your sponsorship of teamtalkmag website.
Lol no I will continue with same deal. They have my support.

In hiding

Hearing conflicting rumours about availability of eoin mc Cusker for the omagh game. Tricky decision to be made by Rouse and Kelly... Do they risk losing by not using mc Cusker at all or do they risk playing him and maybe re opening the wound.
Could you imagine an omagh player playing against dromore in similar circumstances. I'd say the dromore defenders would be very sporting and probably wouldn't touch the injured players face at all  ;D ;D ;D

WT4E

Quote from: The Trap on August 28, 2014, 01:10:46 PM
Back to the football - the senior games are difficult to call - neither Ardboe or Carmen have been up to much so far but either would fancy winning the O'Neill Cup at this stage. I take Ardboe narrowly.
Dromore have been dealt a huge blow with the accident to Eoin McCusker, while Omagh got beat by Donaghmore at the weekend......going to go for Omagh.
In intermediate Trillick look strong favourites to win it but will get tested by Pomeroy if they turn up!!!! I am shading for Dungannon to have too much pace for Urney, though Urney have a lot more experience.
Everyone is expecting a Derrytresk/Rock Junior final and that will motivate the Derg and Owen Roes. Both semi finals could be close but will take the favs to progress.

Wouldn't read too much into that league result - Donaghmore notoriously good negotiators this time of year. I fancy Omagh to win it this year.

Napper

Quote from: WT4E on August 28, 2014, 01:35:50 PM
Quote from: The Trap on August 28, 2014, 01:10:46 PM

Wouldn't read too much into that league result - Donaghmore notoriously good negotiators this time of year. I fancy Omagh to win it this year.

From what I hear no one let the Donaghmore and Omagh players know about the negotiations. Both sets of players involved in a bit of a scuffle on the steps at half time on Sunday. Omagh have it all to do on Saturday night to beat Dromore.

WT4E

I suppose you could be right - It might just be a case of the boy who cried wolf then - when they do get a good result this time of year its hard to take it at face value!

skeog

teamtalk does a great service for many people who cannot attend games for various reasons its not the sun or mirror group so give them credit for what they provide to housebound gaa fans etc

Under Lights

I see they put up a retraction to say they were off the 'Mark' with the story.

bigtogs

Quote from: skeog on August 28, 2014, 03:24:28 PM
teamtalk does a great service for many people who cannot attend games for various reasons its not the sun or mirror group so give them credit for what they provide to housebound gaa fans etc

great country for an oul rumour...not to worry about truth!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on August 28, 2014, 03:32:35 PM
I see they put up a retraction to say they were off the 'Mark' with the story.
heard today that was all a wind up..... a high ranking east Tyrone county board official took it hook line and sinker and duly (aa he does best)spread it through the county like wildfire and the source of the rumour sat back and laughed at him!!!!