Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Not goin near another Tyrone match.........

God14

Quote from: The Trap on August 27, 2014, 12:49:40 PM
Not goin near another Tyrone match.........

Funny that was my first reaction as well. Hopefully I will stick to it.

Club Rossa

Not a great move from Mickey if true.You can only imagine what the reaction will be after a few bad results.

WT4E

Its the age old Mickey IMO - He'll do the opposite to what everyone perceives to be the right thing to do. If majority opinion of people was 'he should take Mark in this year' poor Mark wouldn't have a hope of getting in!!!

I think it stems back to one of Mickeys few weaknesses as a manager - "I'm smarter than everyone else" attitude

blackball

Can we not wait and see if it is going to work or not ,instead of jumping the gun and making predictions! Some amount of people with egg on their face if Tyrone come out and do well next year! also this is a club thread!!

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: blackball on August 27, 2014, 03:02:01 PM
Can we not wait and see if it is going to work or not ,instead of jumping the gun and making predictions! Some amount of people with egg on their face if Tyrone come out and do well next year! also this is a club thread!!

Maybe it's actually the ideal appointment.

Mickey seems to be set in his ways about a lot of things as he has been in the job that long. You would wonder how much say his assistants had, or if they were willing to speak up about certain things.

Cant see his own son being afraid to pipe up to him. Might actually be just what's needed
First on the field and last to leave

In hiding

So what's the craic with the club championship games this weekend?
Will the winner of dromore v omagh lift the o Neill cup, can pomeroy produce two shocks two weeks in a row? Are rock too strong for junior ? So many questions but it seems like everyone is too interested in the Micky and mark show.
What a weekend of football ahead.

In hiding

Predictions ...
Carrickmore
Omagh
Trillick
Dungannon
Rock
Derrytresk

bigtogs

Quote from: In hiding on August 27, 2014, 09:08:47 PM
Predictions ...
Carrickmore
Omagh
Trillick
Dungannon
Rock
Derrytresk

i will go with

Ardboe
Dromore
Pomeroy
Dungannon
Rock
Derrytresk....

rrhf

Now that mic key is definitely staying.  I would be fairly happy with mark coming in.  A meticulous man with the right age profile to move the thing forward.  It could have instant positive results and if it's not his level we will know by the end of 2015.  I'd be more worried that no one wanted to  challenge the minor management. The county jobs don't seem to be attracting much interest from prospective replacements. Is there no succession plan if by the end of 2015 big changes are needed.

GJL

Omagh v Ardboe final with Omagh winning the Championship.

TF15

Just don't put the mortgage on that info about Mark Harte joining the set up boys as you may lose the house! Absolute non-story.

NDA

Lot of informed talk that Peter Donnelly is joining Tyrone set up and will be announced soon. Would be a very positive development.
Regarding club football big numbers of reserve games not being played with teams conceding and not fielding. Also seen a lot of U16 teams not fielding on Monday evening. Does this reflect an apathy from players and clubs?
Standard of club football is quite poor in Tyrone and has dropped in recent years IMO.

NDA

Omagh v Ardboe Final. And I fancy Omagh to win as I believe they have the strongest team. Doesn't always work like that of course as other contenders may have an advantage in terms of championship know how.
Trillick for Inter and Rock for Junior.

barelegs

Quote from: NDA on August 27, 2014, 11:40:30 PM
Lot of informed talk that Peter Donnelly is joining Tyrone set up and will be announced soon. Would be a very positive development.
Regarding club football big numbers of reserve games not being played with teams conceding and not fielding. Also seen a lot of U16 teams not fielding on Monday evening. Does this reflect an apathy from players and clubs?
Standard of club football is quite poor in Tyrone and has dropped in recent years IMO.

A lot of that is to do with the reserve championship having been played off already. No real incentive for  a lot of reserve players to continue fielding.

I'd put the under 16s not fielding down to the structure of the leagues. With 4 grades now every team has to play each other twice as opposed to the old system with 3 grades were you played every team once. Most teams get a fair idea what way things are going after 5 or 6 games.