Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2014, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 26, 2014, 11:15:59 PM
Teamtalkmag have it that Mark Harte is coming on board!!

I'm sure that will appease the lads on here who are calling for Mickey to resign.  :o

Infuriate would be more like it...mickey would be meeting trouble half way here I think!!

tiempo

Quote from: bigtogs on August 26, 2014, 11:36:33 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2014, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 26, 2014, 11:15:59 PM
Teamtalkmag have it that Mark Harte is coming on board!!

I'm sure that will appease the lads on here who are calling for Mickey to resign.  :o

Infuriate would be more like it...mickey would be meeting trouble half way here I think!!

Someone throw a bucket of iced water over mickey quicksticks, this is gonna end badly

The Bearded One

I can't see how anyone can be surprised by this story, Mark Harte was touted as under 21 manager at one point before Fergal Logan answered the call. Mickey isn't the first manager to have a son working alongside him, take McIver in Derry or Baker Bradley with Antrim as recent examples.

For all the complaining I'm yet to see one person name a realistic candidate to replace Mickey? And I mean realistic.
It is what it is. Presumably.

tiempo

Peter  Canavan
Chris Lawn
Sean Teague
Damian Cassidy
Ronan McGuckian

reddgnhand

Quote from: The_Beard on August 26, 2014, 11:50:12 PM
I can't see how anyone can be surprised by this story, Mark Harte was touted as under 21 manager at one point before Fergal Logan answered the call. Mickey isn't the first manager to have a son working alongside him, take McIver in Derry or Baker Bradley with Antrim as recent examples.

For all the complaining I'm yet to see one person name a realistic candidate to replace Mickey? And I mean realistic.

Sure we only need one who can make us competitive in the McKenna cup. That's all Mickey has done in years. Beat 3 years in a row by Donegal in the Ulster championship. Humiliated in Killarney etc etc.

bigtogs

I can't see how anyone can be surprised by this story, Mark Harte was touted as under 21 manager at one point before Fergal Logan answered the call. Mickey isn't the first manager tworin thereing alongside him, take McIver in Derry or Baker Bradley with Antrim as recent examples.

I still have a feeling Mickey is meeting trouble half way by adding mark to his management team going right back to when mark was a player with tyrone it was always rightly or wrongly shrouded with controversy. ....would rather have seen a more experienced man In there may be that man is not currently available or will be added on down the line

The Bearded One

Just to be clear, I am not defending the probable inclusion of Mark, I am simply saying it is unsurprising.

Anyone going into that set up would do so knowing that they would have little or no input, by having Mark there he will have someone who will challenge his thinking but not rock the boat. I can't imagine there is a queue of people interested in joining the existing management team, Mickey wouldn't be the easiest worked with.

Peter Canavan – didn't enjoy much success with Fermanagh, perhaps as a team with Cricko?
Chris Lawn – as a duo maybe.
Sean Teague – good club manager, would have liked to see him get a couple of years with Tyrone minors
Damian Cassidy – couldn't stomach this. Good manager, but a diehard Derry man.
Ronan McGuckin – still undecided, has great potential but needs a run with another senior club.
It is what it is. Presumably.

tiempo

Quote from: bigtogs on August 27, 2014, 08:08:31 AM
I can't see how anyone can be surprised by this story, Mark Harte was touted as under 21 manager at one point before Fergal Logan answered the call. Mickey isn't the first manager tworin thereing alongside him, take McIver in Derry or Baker Bradley with Antrim as recent examples.

I still have a feeling Mickey is meeting trouble half way by adding mark to his management team going right back to when mark was a player with tyrone it was always rightly or wrongly shrouded with controversy. ....would rather have seen a more experienced man In there may be that man is not currently available or will be added on down the line

Mark Harte had an exceptional underage and club scoring record when Mickey rightly called him into the senior squad, but Mark was not fit and was lacking match practice when Mickey unfairly brought him on in the 05 Ulster Final replay, the Tyrone fans then famously let themselves down by booing him off the pitch in the 06 NFL.

Unfortunately while Mickey keeps letting his heart rule his head we'll be talking about nepotism ahead of professionalism with the Tyrone setup.

bigtogs

Quote from: The_Beard on August 27, 2014, 09:41:39 AM
Just to be clear, I am not defending the probable inclusion of Mark, I am simply saying it is unsurprising.

Anyone going into that set up would do so knowing that they would have little or no input, by having Mark there he will have someone who will challenge his thinking but not rock the boat. I can't imagine there is a queue of people interested in joining the existing management team, Mickey wouldn't be the easiest worked with.

Peter Canavan – didn't enjoy much success with Fermanagh, perhaps as a team with Cricko?
Sean Teague – good club manager, would have liked to see him get a couple of years with Tyrone minors
Ronan McGuckin – still undecided, has great potential but needs a run with another senior club.

you could rule out canavan cassidy and mcguckin for financial reasons you could say...no coin with tyrone...

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: bigtogs on August 27, 2014, 10:12:38 AM

you could rule out canavan cassidy and mcguckin for financial reasons you could say...no coin with tyrone...

Ha Ha! Plenty of coin with Tyrone!!!

bigtogs

One man being over looked could be worth a punt he has been managing at all levels for years and served our county with distinction. ..moortowns Paul Devlin..

skeog

mark doing a good job in roslea  its up to mickey who he chooses after all he is the boss

WT4E

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 27, 2014, 10:49:57 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 27, 2014, 10:12:38 AM

Ha Ha! Plenty of coin with Tyrone!!!

I'd say Mickey Harte is on a complete fortune with Tyrone!!!!

Tommo2

Quote from: skeog on August 27, 2014, 11:03:21 AM
mark doing a good job in roslea  its up to mickey who he chooses after all he is the boss

He also did a very good job with Tullylish in Down.

Man Marker

Quote from: skeog on August 27, 2014, 11:03:21 AM

He inherited a team that was county champions, in a weak county FFS, wise up. It's like taking a county title in Derry with Ballinderry at the minute.

Mickey had a chance here to really revitalise his set up, IMO he has made a balls of it.

And that's not meant yo b a reflection on his lad, he could b excellent, but unless we do well the finger of job for the boys will b pointed, folly in the extreme by the two of them