Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

must be dollars galore to be made stateside no loyalty to clubs that developed them over the years

winghalfback

Quote from: skeog on July 19, 2014, 05:52:09 PM
must be dollars galore to be made stateside no loyalty to clubs that developed them over the years
I hear a certain county man away to states now too just this week.

WT4E

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2014, 01:29:03 AM
Quote from: WT4E on July 19, 2014, 01:05:01 AM
TBF I know very little about it but my logical mind thinks that if it cost £6.5 million that surely there is a large amount of debt unless Tyrone county board had even half that amount of money lying about (allowing for grants). If so then I feel that the money could have been put to better use.

EDUCATE ME?

I posted what I'm led to believe, that a significant amount of the money had been raised and the debt on the place was "relatively" low for such a project. There was over £4m raised via Club Tyrone and at least £1.1m from various grants. The project cost £6.5m, so if the debt for the project is approx £1.4m then I think that this is relatively low for a project of this nature. Now, I don't know more than that but your surprised looking smileys suggest you know much more than I do. If you don't then what you are saying on a public forum is merely speculation and seems like a little bit of scaremongering about debt levels.
http://ulster.gaa.ie/2012/11/tyrone-gaa-centre-funding/#

Just the £1.8 m to raise then - a total raised of £5.4m ALL pumped into garvaghy!

DEAD ON THEN! Sorry to have commented!

BennyHarp

Quote from: WT4E on July 19, 2014, 07:35:11 PM
TBF I know very little about it but my logical mind thinks that if it cost £6.5 million that surely there is a large amount of debt unless Tyrone county board had even half that amount of money lying about (allowing for grants). If so then I feel that the money could have been put to better use.

EDUCATE ME?

I posted what I'm led to believe, that a significant amount of the money had been raised and the debt on the place was "relatively" low for such a project. There was over £4m raised via Club Tyrone and at least £1.1m from various grants. The project cost £6.5m, so if the debt for the project is approx £1.4m then I think that this is relatively low for a project of this nature. Now, I don't know more than that but your surprised looking smileys suggest you know much more than I do. If you don't then what you are saying on a public forum is merely speculation and seems like a little bit of scaremongering about debt levels.

Just the £1.8 m to raise then - a total raised of £5.4m ALL pumped into garvaghy!

I assume that your name is up on the wall of Garvaghy as one of those who made donations toward the centre and therefore I understand if you feel that your money has been invested unwisely, as that's your prerogative. But those that donated were fully aware of what the plans were and must have agreed with the plans. I haven't heard a groundswell of unrest amongst many of those donors that they feel the money has been wasted.
That was never a square ball!!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: winghalfback on July 19, 2014, 06:54:14 PM

Who is it?
Why talk in riddles?

winghalfback

Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 19, 2014, 08:56:28 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on July 19, 2014, 06:54:14 PM

Who is it?
Why talk in riddles?

riddle me riddle you

WT4E

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2014, 08:43:35 PM

EDUCATE ME?

I assume that your name is up on the wall of Garvaghy as one of those who made donations toward the centre and therefore I understand if you feel that your money has been invested unwisely, as that's your prerogative. But those that donated were fully aware of what the plans were and must have agreed with the plans. I haven't heard a groundswell of unrest amongst many of those donors that they feel the money has been wasted.

You assume wrong I wouldn't give a penny to it! Does that mean that I'm not allowed an opinion on it?

Fair play to the boys who invested in it (in limited times) maybe they should of invested in other things like trying to stem immigration in local GAA clubs instead of building a monstrosity that all the elitist can go and get turned on by!

But at least it's a good thing you say all investors are happy - not be long til we get another 2.8 mill never mind 1.8mill!

The architects who designed it must be laughing there balls off now!!!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: WT4E on July 20, 2014, 12:51:31 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2014, 08:43:35 PM

EDUCATE ME?

You assume wrong I wouldn't give a penny to it! Does that mean that I'm not allowed an opinion on it?

Fair play to the boys who invested in it (in limited times) maybe they should of invested in other things like trying to stem immigration in local GAA clubs instead of building a monstrosity that all the elitist can go and get turned on by!

But at least it's a good thing you say all investors are happy - not be long til we get another 2.8 mill never mind 1.8mill!

The architects who designed it must be laughing there balls off now!!!!

Just out of interest, how do you propose they would do this?
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

I don't know that's a discussion for another thread possibly.

You could always asked the consultants of garvaghy I'm sure they would be glad to help out for a tidy sum!

winghalfback

Was at mass this morning and was talking to a certain ccc man. Conversation got around to championship dates and I have been informed that the thinking is Trillick v Derrylaughan and Dromore V Clonoe will be Sunday 10th August in Carrickmore. You wouldn't know what truth would be in this.

viiv

As per the report to the county AGM the cost of Garvaghy had risen to £8m. (Page 30)

http://tyronegaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Report-to-Convention-2013.pdf

winghalfback

All this talk about Garvaghy has become very boring.

hugh the root

Never was in Garvaghey and never want to be!

matchfit21

We'll all just agree Garvaghy is truly a great achievement we are all hugely proud of. End of story.

Redhand Santa

What happened to the argument that not enough East Tyrone men was costing Tyrone games?