Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Some might say there's plenty of divers though

WT4E

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2014, 04:41:26 PM
Had a visit up to Garvaghy for the first time the other day and I must say I was very impressed. Perhaps a larger gym could be constructed on site at a later date but the priority was the pitches and they are top class. (With a decent play park for the kids too!) The lads behind this need massive credit for having a vision to build when we were in a strong position and winning All Irelands. This is a legacy which, as far as I'm aware is secured on relatively little debt, and is a resource that is beyond anything we could have imagined having a few years ago. As for those complaining about it being windy and cold - maybe that just about sums up a new generation of fan and player. It's a bit of wind ffs!!

:o :o :o

BennyHarp

Quote from: WT4E on July 19, 2014, 12:57:42 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2014, 04:41:26 PM
Had a visit up to Garvaghy for the first time the other day and I must say I was very impressed. Perhaps a larger gym could be constructed on site at a later date but the priority was the pitches and they are top class. (With a decent play park for the kids too!) The lads behind this need massive credit for having a vision to build when we were in a strong position and winning All Irelands. This is a legacy which, as far as I'm aware is secured on relatively little debt, and is a resource that is beyond anything we could have imagined having a few years ago. As for those complaining about it being windy and cold - maybe that just about sums up a new generation of fan and player. It's a bit of wind ffs!!

:o :o :o

Enlighten me then. Is the full cost based on debt?
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

TBF I know very little about it but my logical mind thinks that if it cost £6.5 million that surely there is a large amount of debt unless Tyrone county board had even half that amount of money lying about (allowing for grants). If so then I feel that the money could have been put to better use.

EDUCATE ME?

barelegs

I'm not sure it's debt at Garvaghey that's causing concern. It's the cost of maintaining it that is something of a drain on resources. I've heard figures quoted that would certainly cause raised eyebrows. I couldn't stand over them though so I'll not be posting them here.

Garvaghey wasn't the reason Tyrone have looked clueless this year though. It's built now and it's going nowhere, so discussions of where it was built are academic

BennyHarp

Quote from: WT4E on July 19, 2014, 01:05:01 AM
TBF I know very little about it but my logical mind thinks that if it cost £6.5 million that surely there is a large amount of debt unless Tyrone county board had even half that amount of money lying about (allowing for grants). If so then I feel that the money could have been put to better use.

EDUCATE ME?

I posted what I'm led to believe, that a significant amount of the money had been raised and the debt on the place was "relatively" low for such a project. There was over £4m raised via Club Tyrone and at least £1.1m from various grants. The project cost £6.5m, so if the debt for the project is approx £1.4m then I think that this is relatively low for a project of this nature. Now, I don't know more than that but your surprised looking smileys suggest you know much more than I do. If you don't then what you are saying on a public forum is merely speculation and seems like a little bit of scaremongering about debt levels.
http://ulster.gaa.ie/2012/11/tyrone-gaa-centre-funding/#

clarshack

rrhf

Small beer. For a county in the last 10/11 years to have won  3 all Irelands a county ground as good as omagh and Garvaghy complex is one he'll of an achievement.  Well done. Now if ye want to talk about Tyrone senior performances go on ahead...

hugh the root

you did nt happen to see the Offaly county ground and their facilities which are second to none, a pitch you could nt play badly on and buildings that are ultra modern yet nice and compact and very low maintenance.It begs the question was the GarvGhey architects fully clued in to the GAA?Garvaghey will be a major scourge on the Tyrone set up for years. Whoever thought this idea up has no regard for pounds shillings and pence.Tge players will soon be put on prescription medication to overcome their fear of the thrice weekly visit to this jail

tyroneboi

Strange that you use Offaly as an example to look up to when you read Niall McNamee's comments a few months back when he said he was embarrassed by the facilities on offer in Offally compared to Tyrone's. When Joe Cooney was hurling manager they were effectively not allowed to use the pitch for training sessions!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: hugh the root on July 19, 2014, 09:54:15 AM
you did nt happen to see the Offaly county ground and their facilities which are second to none, a pitch you could nt play badly on and buildings that are ultra modern yet nice and compact and very low maintenance.It begs the question was the GarvGhey architects fully clued in to the GAA?Garvaghey will be a major scourge on the Tyrone set up for years. Whoever thought this idea up has no regard for pounds shillings and pence.Tge players will soon be put on prescription medication to overcome their fear of the thrice weekly visit to this jail

Your negative attitude towaess Garvaghy is becoming tiresome Hugh

matchfit21

Hugh just wants to bad mouth the cb and ccc in any way due to sanctions being put on them for poor behaviour in the past. Simple.

BennyHarp

Are we really looking to Offaly as the barometer for success?

skeog

carrickmore have installed paddy tally to their management regime serious contenders now for o neill cup with paddy on board

hugh the root

Thank God wee hughie has feck all to do with cb or Garvaghey so I have no axe to grindI am simply implying that if these are supposed to be state of the art facilities why are all county teams getting worse as every year passes!I am only listening to players concerned with the gloom and doom of the place.Anyway I would nt stand up and be bullied by pile of fools in the cunty board.It is them who have us in this downward slope!