Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugh the root

Hugh the root signs out to go on his holidays brought forward by Tyrone's demise. I have brought a book with me that shows one how to  bulk up sportsmen for physical competitiveness. If there any vacancies at Garvaghey give me a shout! Bon vacancies!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2014, 01:16:23 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 21, 2014, 01:11:23 PM
What happened to the argument that not enough East Tyrone men was costing Tyrone games?
There's still not enough?

I'd say 9 out of 15 was a strong enough representation for one part of the county.

hugh the root

Just to keep your mind alert until I get back from my hols what do you think of Brian Mc Guigans theory on Garvaghey being an overkill! No doubt bit his article makes sense!

Club Rossa

Don't be long till you're back Hugh,this place will be very quiet without you!!

WT4E

Found McGuigan piece very interesting - also heard him on newstalk at the game at the weekend and thought he done well. Seems to be really growing into his media role which I wasn't sure he would so fair play to him.

I'd say he would be better on Sunday Game than Mugsy plus he would probably wear clothes that fit him!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on July 22, 2014, 10:53:04 AM
Found McGuigan piece very interesting - also heard him on newstalk at the game at the weekend and thought he done well. Seems to be really growing into his media role which I wasn't sure he would so fair play to him.

I'd say he would be better on Sunday Game than Mugsy plus he would probably wear clothes that fit him!

I can think of half a dozen retired players from that tyrone team that would be better than mugsy on tv
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

hugh the root

Do you know where I am going?...... Heaving to Knock to pray for a few physical players !

Christmas Lights

Niall Morgan - Club Hero   :o

QuoteTyrone's club schedule is not fair to players – Morgan -

Tyrone goalkeeper Niall Morgan has expressed relief at finally winning a championship match in the county colours and admitted he learned a valuable lesson in Ballybofey last year

The former Dungannon Swifts soccer star insists he let the Donegal fans get into his head and affect his free-taking in his only championship game of 2013.A knee injury subsequently put him out for the season and he was black-carded in their drawn Ulster opener against Down this year.That is why he was so relieved to survive a full 70 minutes in Newry last weekend, where the pinpoint accuracy of his free-taking (0-3, two '45's) and kick-outs, and a penalty save in the first minute, showed why he is already being favourably compared with Stephen Cluxton."Ballybofey was a real learning curve for me. I reacted to the crowd, which I shouldn't have done, but I feel I've matured and learned from that and moved on," Morgan said.However, Morgan echoed county manager Mickey Harte's criticism of the short turnaround that Tyrone's players face for club championship action this week because of a new club schedule.Most of them were back training with their clubs on Sunday, straight after Saturday's victory over Down. Tyrone traditionally did not play the first round of their club championship until August, but they changed their schedule this year and have the first round over the coming six days.

Those games were originally due last weekend but had to be postponed because of the county's Ulster replay. The first of them takes place on Thursday."There's so many of the boys, like Sean (Cavanagh) and Mattie (Donnelly) and Colm (Cavanagh), they've all played 70 minutes in the two games (against Down) and they had to give their all because it's not like those games were dead and buried," said Morgan."Now they're expected to go out this week and play the most important club game of their year, it's an issue for every club in Tyrone. It's not any way to come down from a county match, to go straight into a club training session the next day," Morgan said."Mattie Donnelly's club actually play on Thursday, that's no turnaround. They say they're doing it for the players but I'm yet to be asked, as a player, whether I wanted it and I don't think any other players were asked either.
"It's a thing the CCCC in Tyrone have come up with and they're going to stick to their guns, but I'm not overly happy with it and I don't think the majority of the players are either.

"If my club's beaten next Sunday you're talking three, four or five boys will go to America for the summer and where does that leave you for the league?"You're sitting scrapping, trying to get players. There's fellas working in England, there's players gone to America already, the last thing we need is to encourage them to go."
Source: http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/tyrones-club-schedule-is-not-fair-to-players-morgan-30306785.html

Well done Niall, well done.

smort

I'm sure you could dig up quotes from anyone that they have gone on to contradict CL. I do take your point, but Niall and the other young players that are heading away will likely not get a chance to do so again so I'm glad they are taking this chance. They can only do these things when they are young and have no other real commitments tying them down. I know everyone is talking down Tyrone's chances over the next few years but they may not exit the championship as early as this for a while and it gives these boys a chance to get away.

Under Lights

Quote from: smort on July 22, 2014, 12:39:32 PM
I'm sure you could dig up quotes from anyone that they have gone on to contradict CL. I do take your point, but Niall and the other young players that are heading away will likely not get a chance to do so again so I'm glad they are taking this chance. They can only do these things when they are young and have no other real commitments tying them down. I know everyone is talking down Tyrone's chances over the next few years but they may not exit the championship as early as this for a while and it gives these boys a chance to get away.

Hard on the ordinary club player though whose season is stop start because of the county team then as soon as the county season ends the lads are away. Club league should go ahead regardless of county players. Championship a different matter but league shouldn't be affected. Not fair on the ordinary man.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: smort on July 22, 2014, 12:39:32 PM

Digging up quotes?  This statement/interview was made maybe less than 2 months ago.  I don't have a problem with any player going to the USA to play football for the summer.  Fair play to them, why not if you have the opportunity?

Just highlighting how he got all up on his high horse about club championship and fixtures a few weeks ago to the newspapers only to fook off as soon as Tyrone are out LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Would have been best saying nothing if that was his intentions.  Now he looks like some sort of  Jekyll & Hyde character.

blewuporstuffed

Well to be far there is no point Morgan complaining about playing a round of the championship early and citing players heading to america if they are beat as a reason against it and then clearing off himself when they are still in the championship!!!

I have no issue with lads heading to america, but i always feel is a BS reason not to play the championship early.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Archie Mitchell

Don't see why needed to put on over 2 weekends (other than for money reasons)
Good double header at Carrickmore

Sunday 10th August
In Fintona
1.30pm – Hunky Dorys Intermediate Football Championship
Urney V Edendork
3.00pm – Hunky Dorys Senior Football Championship
Eglish V Omagh

In Carrickmore

6.00pm – Hunky Dorys Intermediate Football Championship
Derrylaughan V Trillick
7.30pm Hunky Dorys Senior Football Championship
Dromore V Clonoe

Saturday 16th August

In Strabane
5.30pm – Hunky Dorys Junior Football Championship
Clan na nGael V Castlederg
7.00pm – Hunky Dorys Junior Football Championship
Owen Roes V Dregish

In Galbally
5.30pm – Hunky Dorys Junior Football Championship
Errigal Ciaran lll V Derrytresk
7.00pm – Hunky Dorys Intermediate Football Championship
Dungannon V Gortin

Sunday 17th August

In Dungannon
1.30pm – Hunky Dorys Junior Football Championship
Rock V Killyman
3.00pm – Hunky Dorys Senior Football Championship
Moy V Ardboe

In Dunmoyle
6.00pm – Hunky Dorys Intermediate Football Championship
Greencastle V Pomeroy
7.30pm – Hunky Dorys Senior Football Championship
An Charraig Mhor V Augher

Redhand Santa

Maybe to show case the games and allow as many people as possible to attend. There's no rush now so seems like a good idea to me. And sure if it raises a few extra pounds to run the games in the county that's not a bad thing either.  Should be a good couple of weekends football.

Norf Tyrone

The nights are dropping so late on a Friday is probably out. Also Sat 9th has live coverage of the AI Quarter Final featuring Dub and Donegal so avoids that too.

Good planning IMO.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone