Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 21, 2014, 03:34:19 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 21, 2014, 03:17:44 PM
The team naming will be interesting to say the least. On Ciaran McGinley... I think he had a great Championship last year with Tyrone and this year has had plenty of good games. I think his place is as an attacking half back and not half forward.

As for this

QuoteI have seen him play regularly at club level since he broke onto the Errigal senior team and he never once gave me the impression he could cut it at county level.

I think you need to follow a different sport if he does not impress you whilst playing for Errigal. He is well worthy of his place in the Tyrone panel and starting 15 IMO.

No he doesn't impress me to a level where he is county panelist never mind starter,  and i have regularly talked to players  not just from my own club who play against him who have stated the same.  I could name at least 5 or 6 non county players of the top of my head who i would rate higher than him and 1 of them is within your own club. I think you are looking at him through your Errigal tinted glasses.

Name them.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Under Lights on May 21, 2014, 04:08:06 PM
The team naming will be interesting to say the least. On Ciaran McGinley... I think he had a great Championship last year with Tyrone and this year has had plenty of good games. I think his place is as an attacking half back and not half forward.

As for this

QuoteI have seen him play regularly at club level since he broke onto the Errigal senior team and he never once gave me the impression he could cut it at county level.

I think you need to follow a different sport if he does not impress you whilst playing for Errigal. He is well worthy of his place in the Tyrone panel and starting 15 IMO.

No he doesn't impress me to a level where he is county panelist never mind starter,  and i have regularly talked to players  not just from my own club who play against him who have stated the same.  I could name at least 5 or 6 non county players of the top of my head who i would rate higher than him and 1 of them is within your own club. I think you are looking at him through your Errigal tinted glasses.

Name them.
McNally - Coalisland
Doris - Clonoe
McNulty - Clonoe
Sean O Neill - Dromore
Rio - Errigal
Benny McLaughlin - Carmen
All better players IMO

EC Unique

As for this

Well you are untitled to your opinion. It may differ from mine and indeed the Tyrone management but you are still untitled to it.

wheres he takin er from

One for thought. What would happen if some of the first round games involving a lot of county players, say Omagh/Coalisland for example were to finish in a draw.

Could the CCC give them a chance to play the replay with next County game on the horizon???
First on the field and last to leave

Christmas Lights

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on May 21, 2014, 10:48:16 PM
One for thought. What would happen if some of the first round games involving a lot of county players, say Omagh/Coalisland for example were to finish in a draw.

Could the CCC give them a chance to play the replay with next County game on the horizon???

Onthe40

that happened a few years ago, think it mightve been 2008 when tyrone won the All-Ireland..omagh played dromore in june, it was a draw - replay didnt take place until october if memory serves me right. Id imagine something similar would happen again, i.e. replay wouldnt take place until Tyrones run ends.

hugh the root

If the Tyrone team named tonight,starts on Saturday evening;I promise you I will consume the dung of one thousand Arabian camels.

Club Rossa

LOL,Hugh.Would expect and hope there's a few changes this evening.

WT4E

Quote from: WT4E on May 21, 2014, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 21, 2014, 09:21:26 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 21, 2014, 09:00:47 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 20, 2014, 10:47:55 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 20, 2014, 10:17:04 PM
Quote from: hugh the root on May 20, 2014, 10:07:19 PM
Under lights ; obviously you are not a Clonoe fan.You probably hate Ardboe as well!

I'm a massive Rahillys fan. I have a number 11 shirt with Doris on the back. He's my fav. Best player outside the county imo. Was a big fan of Ryan T back in the day too.
Just saying that all the Clonoe supporters on here do is complain. Complained last year that championship was unfair as no time for prep for Ulster. Now complaining when champ is early. Never seen any strabane posters, and even seen an article from Danny McBride saying he didn't mind, complaining about them having to play this friday in orginial fixtures. Lot of people suffering from Poor Me Syndrome.

I care not for Ardboe.

EC Unique- a few words on Daisy McDermotts form coming into championship. Mighty reports about him. Was some county minor.

Daisy is flying ;)

I just hope our 3 lads get through Sat night without injury. Errigal's team selection will be interesting next Friday night as it has been different for every match this year. I would doubt if Clonoe are too worried about us after last years hammering.

I would say Ciaran McGinley will get through sat night OK.  He shouldn't be on. Can't understand what Harte sees in him.  Nowhere near county standard IMO.

Was very good at WHB for Tyrone last year imo.

Bit harsh on the lad. 3 wides when out of position doesn't make him a bad player. He struggled badly against Kildare this year when he was on the powerful Hurley though.

Excellent against Dromore in Championship last year also.

You say shooting from out of position I say greedy fecker would shoot from anywhere. I was never convinced - good club player but not good enough for Tyrone never mind to keep boys like RON out of team

OOOPPS

Take it all back! I'm glad to admit it!

BartSimpson

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 22, 2014, 10:06:44 AM
Quote from: wheres he takin er from on May 21, 2014, 10:48:16 PM

Classic! ;D
guwan the parish

EC Unique

Quote from: WT4E on May 24, 2014, 07:39:15 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 21, 2014, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 21, 2014, 09:21:26 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 21, 2014, 09:00:47 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 20, 2014, 10:47:55 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 20, 2014, 10:17:04 PM
Quote from: hugh the root on May 20, 2014, 10:07:19 PM
Under lights ; obviously you are not a Clonoe fan.You probably hate Ardboe as well!

I'm a massive Rahillys fan. I have a number 11 shirt with Doris on the back. He's my fav. Best player outside the county imo. Was a big fan of Ryan T back in the day too.
Just saying that all the Clonoe supporters on here do is complain. Complained last year that championship was unfair as no time for prep for Ulster. Now complaining when champ is early. Never seen any strabane posters, and even seen an article from Danny McBride saying he didn't mind, complaining about them having to play this friday in orginial fixtures. Lot of people suffering from Poor Me Syndrome.

I care not for Ardboe.

EC Unique- a few words on Daisy McDermotts form coming into championship. Mighty reports about him. Was some county minor.

Daisy is flying ;)

I just hope our 3 lads get through Sat night without injury. Errigal's team selection will be interesting next Friday night as it has been different for every match this year. I would doubt if Clonoe are too worried about us after last years hammering.

I would say Ciaran McGinley will get through sat night OK.  He shouldn't be on. Can't understand what Harte sees in him.  Nowhere near county standard IMO.

Was very good at WHB for Tyrone last year imo.

Bit harsh on the lad. 3 wides when out of position doesn't make him a bad player. He struggled badly against Kildare this year when he was on the powerful Hurley though.

Excellent against Dromore in Championship last year also.

You say shooting from out of position I say greedy fecker would shoot from anywhere. I was never convinced - good club player but not good enough for Tyrone never mind to keep boys like RON out of team

OOOPPS

Take it all back! I'm glad to admit it!

Fair play to you. Ciaran had a great game. Would still rather see him at half back though.

hugh the root

How many poor wides and bad shot selections did mcginley take last evening?

Tommo2

Senior championship still on next week?

tyroneboi

Probably a stupid question but would anyone have any idea of the plan for fixtures for June or July?

hugh the root

Question for the money men in Ulster council!As we have already paid into the postponed minor game on Saturday evening : does this men the gate is free for the rearranged fixture.This will test the generosity of the GAA and  be a major test of how they treat the supporters.