Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on April 25, 2014, 11:03:44 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2014, 10:34:06 AM
Quote from: billabong on April 25, 2014, 10:15:30 AM
Was just thinking to myself there-what is the story with Tim Harney, was an excellent prospect I though for future back up for Tyrone as a keeper, but I have read that he has moved to Pearse Og's in Armagh and has been called up to the Armagh senior team (despite living and working still in West Tyrone), what the hell is going on here and why is he not playing for Glenelly?

Why has he transferred if he is still living and working in Tyrone?  At the time of the All Ireland win, he was seen as a future Tyrone number 1.

His Dad is a Pearse Og's man as far as I know. Tim's younger brother Jamie across the water at West Ham. Centre back.

Another former Glenelly man playing intercounty football for Tipperary. Quiting Glenelly seems to be key.

Not sure the full story but Harney is a fireman. Don't think he is based locally. Maybe Belfast area.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Jamie Harney recently scored against ROI for NI in a 1-0 win.

The Trap

If anyone on here finds out for definite that there is a change to fixtures next weekend could you post it here asap as i have a wedding to go to down south and at the moment havent booked in as i thought there was a game on. Would be great to know as soon as possible...........thanks

billabong

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 25, 2014, 01:31:26 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 25, 2014, 11:03:44 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2014, 10:34:06 AM
Quote from: billabong on April 25, 2014, 10:15:30 AM
Was just thinking to myself there-what is the story with Tim Harney, was an excellent prospect I though for future back up for Tyrone as a keeper, but I have read that he has moved to Pearse Og's in Armagh and has been called up to the Armagh senior team (despite living and working still in West Tyrone), what the hell is going on here and why is he not playing for Glenelly?

Why has he transferred if he is still living and working in Tyrone?  At the time of the All Ireland win, he was seen as a future Tyrone number 1.

His Dad is a Pearse Og's man as far as I know. Tim's younger brother Jamie across the water at West Ham. Centre back.

Another former Glenelly man playing intercounty football for Tipperary. Quiting Glenelly seems to be key.

Not sure the full story but Harney is a fireman. Don't think he is based locally. Maybe Belfast area.

I seen him working in his uniform in Fintona a few weeks ago which made me wonder, I would assume he would be based locally enough? He's from up around your direction Norf, was there any falling out you are aware off? How come so many seem to be leaving the club??

Mikhailov

Quote from: The Trap on April 25, 2014, 02:10:41 PM
If anyone on here finds out for definite that there is a change to fixtures next weekend could you post it here asap as i have a wedding to go to down south and at the moment havent booked in as i thought there was a game on. Would be great to know as soon as possible...........thanks

Contact Mickey Harte for more information......!!!

giveherlong

Fixtures update email just out with league details and championship fixtures. Will post up later

tyroneboi

No messing about the year!

Friday 23rd May
Killyclogher
6:45 pm Beragh v Errigal Ciaran III
8:15 pm Augher v Strabane

Sunday 25th May
Omagh
2pm Aghyaran v Gortin
3:30pm Dromore v Killyclogher

Wednesday 28th May
Cookstown
8pm Stewartstown v Derrylaughan
Thursday 29th May

Augher
6:45pm Trillick v Killeeshil
8:15pm Omagh v Coalisland
Friday 30th May

Edendork
6:45pm Eglish v Donaghmore
8:15pm Clonoe v Errigal Ciaran

Saturday 31st May
Donaghmore
5:30pm Brackaville v Pomeroy
7pm Galbally v Dungannon

Killyclogher
5:30pm Greencastle v Newtownstewart
7pm Kildress v Urney

Sunday 1st June
Dunmoyle
2pm Edendork v Loughmacrory
3:30pm Eskra v An Charraig Mhor
Coalisland
6:30pm Moy v Moortown
8pm ​Ardboe v Cookstown

Under Lights

At least they have given teams plenty of notice ahead of those Wednesday, Thursday and Firday night fixtures.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 25, 2014, 03:49:32 PM
Quote from: The Trap on April 25, 2014, 02:10:41 PM

Contact Mickey Harte for more information......!!!

Here you go Trap. No double fixtures next weekend.

Adult fixtures update.

Sunday 27th April
Round 3 in all divisions

Sunday 4th May
Round 5 in Div 1 & 2
Round 4 in Div 3

Friday 9th May ( Matches involving county Minors) & Sunday 11th May
Starred Round 2  in Div 1 & 2
Round 5 in Div 3
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: orangeman on April 20, 2014, 10:37:25 AM
The coverage by Teamtalk I've always said was excellent.

But they've really surpassed themselves now with the live matches and the playback facility.

These lads really should be commended, encouraged, supported and applauded for what they're doing on behalf of Tyrone GAA.

Well done lads. Keep at it.

I have heard a rumour that the County board are going to pull the plug on this, hopefully not. It is a great opportunity to promote the games to the diaspora.

Gaffer

Quote from: LeoMc on April 25, 2014, 11:26:45 PM

But they've really surpassed themselves now with the live matches and the playback facility.

These lads really should be commended, encouraged, supported and applauded for what they're doing on behalf of Tyrone GAA.

I have heard a rumour that the County board are going to pull the plug on this, hopefully not. It is a great opportunity to promote the games to the diaspora.

Teamtalk isn't run by the County Board!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

sam03/05

Quote from: Gaffer on April 26, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

I would say there is no chance that we will get live championship games on it, as it will take away gate money, and that is all the co board are interested in.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: sam03/05 on April 26, 2014, 10:30:57 AM

I would say there is no chance that we will get live championship games on it, as it will take away gate money, and that is all the co board are interested in.

If it does take away gate money then it means less people are going to the games which isn't good for the club championship matches.

Redhand Santa

I know I'm always defending Harte on here but he does get a hard time. He's doing no different to the other top counties who the county team are trying to compete with.

In Donegal they went away for a week and aren't scheduling the championship to Donegal are out. I read somewhere Mayo have yet to start the club games.

In fairness tyrone players will have been available for a game every weekend since end of league. I can see his concern over a double round of fixtures next weekend. No one wants to see the best players injured and 2 games in 3 days could lead to injuries being picked up. Though they shouldn't have scheduled them at start if worried. The championship games are also scheduled 2 weeks before tyrone possibly play Monaghan if get past down.

I'd say county players in tyrone will be available for more than club games from April to September than in a lot of the other top counties.

Is be more concerned about the Wednesday and Thursday night championship games which must be tough on some players.

LeoMc

Do the County board not own the rights to the games played under their remit?