Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: everymanaman on September 22, 2013, 09:00:30 PM
Errigal the better team over the two games. Not impressed with the lack of ability of Ardboe and Dromore to lose with class and dignity. Suppose it's in the DNA

+1
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

bluenosebandit

Serious game between carmen and coalisland on friday night.
Carmen will be hard stopped now and have the benefit of sitting in the semi with all the others a game behind.
Mark Donnelly and penrose were excellent for carmen, as well as mcgurk and big oz.
Very impressed with Coalisland Half back line Bayne, Donnelly and Carberry, all three were outstanding.
Didnt get to the game saturday, did dromore's discipline let them down like last year's final? Who played well for errigal?
Love to see a clonoe v carmen final

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 23, 2013, 10:46:10 AM
Carmen will be hard stopped now and have the benefit of sitting in the semi with all the others a game behind.
Mark Donnelly and penrose were excellent for carmen, as well as mcgurk and big oz.
Very impressed with Coalisland Half back line Bayne, Donnelly and Carberry, all three were outstanding.
Didnt get to the game saturday, did dromore's discipline let them down like last year's final? Who played well for errigal?

My Man of the match would probably be Ronan Mc'Crory or Shane Hackett of Errigal Ciaran, Mc Crory was the thorn in Dromore's side the whole afternoon.his point in the dying seconds with the outside of the boot was the score of the game not to mention him been unlucky with a shot that came of the post in the last few minutes aswell.Hackett meanwhile dominated the the midfield endless clean fetches and got a hand or fist to most balls that came his way.Errigal Ciaran got their subs spot on again like the last day.i don't know this time if it was either good judgement or luck.McGuckin showed huge faith in Young kavanagh in corner forward who had a horror show in the first half and many didn't expect him to reappear for the second period which he did and he ended up firing to the net the all important goal which came back of the upright which immediately canceled out O'Neills well taken major for Dromore.His decision to Withdraw Michael McCrory after he picked up a yellow card was another massive shout with McCrory arguably being their best out and out defender.McGuckin's final masterstroke was firing on a half fit daisy who didn't take long to find his range after his first shot since been introduced was blocked he later went on to pop over two very important points for his side from narrow angles.

Up The Middle

Was at the game and the 2 stand out performers were Stephen McNally and Conor Gormley. Gormley ran the show from start to finish he dictates the pace at which Carmen play, i don't think he wasted possession once the whole game. Coalisland were a shambles until McNally came on, he was responsible for 7 points when he came on, he won the penalty set up the goal and scored a point himself, Carmen couldnt deal with his pace and direct running. Thought Donnelly was patchy enough for Carmen, Penrose has a serious turn of speed and left the Coalisland backline for dead a few times. McGurk has to be one of the best defenders in the county both on and off the ball.

Having said that i dont think i have ever seen a Carrickmore team as open as this one, they will concede goals if got at with direct early ball. Coalisland will be kicking themselves as the game was there for the taking had they not got of to such a bad start, think their management have a lot of blame to shoulder here, their full forward line was pretty non existent for most of the game, and if McNally and McNiece were fit to come on then in my opinion should have started.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Onthe40

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 23, 2013, 10:56:07 AM

My Man of the match would probably be Ronan Mc'Crory or Shane Hackett of Errigal Ciaran, Mc Crory was the thorn in Dromore's side the whole afternoon.his point in the dying seconds with the outside of the boot was the score of the game not to mention him been unlucky with a shot that came of the post in the last few minutes aswell.Hackett meanwhile dominated the the midfield endless clean fetches and got a hand or fist to most balls that came his way.Errigal Ciaran got their subs spot on again like the last day.i don't know this time if it was either good judgement or luck.McGuckin showed huge faith in Young kavanagh in corner forward who had a horror show in the first half and many didn't expect him to reappear for the second period which he did and he ended up firing to the net the all important goal which came back of the upright which immediately canceled out O'Neills well taken major for Dromore.His decision to Withdraw Michael McCrory after he picked up a yellow card was another massive shout with McCrory arguably being their best out and out defender.McGuckin's final masterstroke was firing on a half fit daisy who didn't take long to find his range after his first shot since been introduced was blocked he later went on to pop over two very important points for his side from narrow angles.

How Dromores mgmt stood for 50-55mins and watched Errigal win ball after ball in the middle was beyond me..even a half fit Garry wouldve surely curbed the dominance of the errigal no.9 in terms of contesting kickouts alone..Ciaran McGinley was very good, the pick of the forwards i thought, he had mcnabb glued to him all day yet still kicked 3 or 4 pts at times they were needed !!

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 23, 2013, 11:28:31 AM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 23, 2013, 10:56:07 AM

How Dromores mgmt stood for 50-55mins and watched Errigal win ball after ball in the middle was beyond me..even a half fit Garry wouldve surely curbed the dominance of the errigal no.9 in terms of contesting kickouts alone..Ciaran McGinley was very good, the pick of the forwards i thought, he had mcnabb glued to him all day yet still kicked 3 or 4 pts at times they were needed !!

Just heard Paul Mc Iver has stood down of dromore in the wake of their defeat. Dromore is crumbling and are now gone as a force. They seem to still have the league to play for who will take over to see out the league surely not that Colton clown who was with him this year? Weird to see a man do that. At least the Omagh management is staying on because we need some stability.
Any Dromore people here care to shed some light on this

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Under Lights on September 23, 2013, 01:15:08 PM
Other rumours and gossip I have heard over the weekend
Fintona's manager has walked out in a dispute with the club. His son was playing corner back in the minor's yesterday. Fintona are sitting 3rd or 4th in that division.

Steven O'Neill will be transferring to Dromore next season. He has apparently already made the relevant moves to do so. He is building a house in Dromore.

it will take more than Stephen O'Neill to bring Dromore back as a force.the Legs has visibly gone in alot of their main men and anyway Stephen O'Neill has only got a year or two left in him i wouldn't be one for men transferring and especially at this stage in his career.he mustn't fancy scoring 10 pts a game in Division Three next season.

EC Unique

Anybody have up to date odds for the Championship? I would imagine Errigal should be favourites after the great win over Dromore?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: EC Unique on September 23, 2013, 02:04:40 PM
Anybody have up to date odds for the Championship? I would imagine Errigal should be favourites after the great win over Dromore?

Latest Tyrone SFC Championship odds

13-8 Carrickmore
9-4 Errigal Ciaran
3-1 Clonoe
10-1 Moy
10-1 Trillick
22-1 Augher
25-1 Eglish

bluenosebandit

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 23, 2013, 01:50:54 PM
Fintona's manager has walked out in a dispute with the club. His son was playing corner back in the minor's yesterday. Fintona are sitting 3rd or 4th in that division.

Steven O'Neill will be transferring to Dromore next season. He has apparently already made the relevant moves to do so. He is building a house in Dromore.

it will take more than Stephen O'Neill to bring Dromore back as a force.the Legs has visibly gone in alot of their main men and anyway Stephen O'Neill has only got a year or two left in him i wouldn't be one for men transferring and especially at this stage in his career.he mustn't fancy scoring 10 pts a game in Division Three next season.

He hasnt been scoring 10 points a game in division three this season

bluenosebandit

clonoe at 3-1 (good price) id have them as outright favourites to win it now

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 23, 2013, 02:14:11 PM
clonoe at 3-1 (good price) id have them as outright favourites to win it now

agreed

+1

Christmas Lights

Quote from: bluenosebandit on September 23, 2013, 02:12:18 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 23, 2013, 01:50:54 PM

He hasnt been scoring 10 points a game in division three this season

Wee Roddy

Carrickmore are favourites at the minute only because the others all have a quarter final to play in yet. I would imagine should Errigal and Clonoe come through then Carmen would be 3rd favourites.
There hasn't really been a shock of large proportions in this years championship. Are we due one? Moy may run Clonoe close simply because of the Cavanaghs?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 23, 2013, 03:16:26 PM
Carrickmore are favourites at the minute only because the others all have a quarter final to play in yet. I would imagine should Errigal and Clonoe come through then Carmen would be 3rd favourites.
There hasn't really been a shock of large proportions in this years championship. Are we due one? Moy may run Clonoe close simply because of the Cavanaghs?

Moy play Trillick.
Clonoe v Eglish

Clonoe look the most Complete Unit.
if id a spare £20 id take a chance on them at 3-1