Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: Under Lights on September 18, 2013, 09:08:57 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 18, 2013, 08:32:36 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 17, 2013, 05:06:20 PM
Eoin McCusker from Dromore for the past decade.

Think the question is too open. Delving into the depths of history.

I would like to see people's best 15- non county players- based on what they have seen through the divisions this year- not based on the fact that they are just division 1 players either. People I would consider would be:
Hugh Gallagher (Omagh), Finbar McQuaid (Augher), Niall Gormley (Trillick), Thomas Canavan (Errigal Ciaran Firsts), Enda McGahan (Killyman), Stefan Tierney (Errigal Ciaran Firsts), Richie Donnelly (Trillick), Michael Murphy (Galbally), Joe McCarroll (Eskra), Ryan Mayse (Newtownstewart), Caolan Harvey (Castlederg), Jamie Donnelly (Augher), Danny McNulty (Clonoe), Rory Brennan (Trillick) and so on and so forth

Ronan Lafferty, John McLaughlin, Eoin McCusker.

I thought Ronan Lafferty wasn't a starter any more for Urney?

Others- Brendan Boggs (Owen Roes), Euan Deeney (The Moy), Blaine Nugent (Galbally), Gerard McCaughey (Aghaloo- only seen one game but he kicked 0-4 from play from midfield), Michael Cassidy (Ardboe)

Unless my memory's playing tricks he played county.

Wee Roddy

We would be twisting over a team all day. If everyone named their own top players this year who haven't played county football it would be a help.
Carrickmores would be Ruairi Loughran, Michael Donaghy and Barry Daly. Big Oz gets an honourable mention but he has not played a lot of league football.

nrico2006

I'd imagine that if Ronan Lafferty wasn;t starting it would be either to do with injury or more likely a suspension.  Not many better fielders of the ball in the county and he can fairly mix it up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rrhf

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 18, 2013, 09:58:28 AM
We would be twisting over a team all day. If everyone named their own top players this year who haven't played county football it would be a help.
Carrickmores would be Ruairi Loughran, Michael Donaghy and Barry Daly. Big Oz gets an honourable mention but he has not played a lot of league football.
But if you keep it wide and not just specific to this year.  Was there a better club no 1 in Tyrone football than big Oz in living memory

Wee Roddy

nothingbettertobeat

With all these Arguments about players who do we see getting a call up for the MckKenna cup squad this year.

Good Defenders are like Hens teeth in Tyrone this past few years none really standing out to improve our defence at county Level.

I've seen fair bit of Club football over this past 12 months and the Following players cant be that far away from a run in the senior side during the McKenna Cup.

Tommy Canavan Errigal Ciaran

Shay McGuigan Ardboe

Shea Mc Garrity Cookstown

Finbar McQuaid Augher

Anytime Ive seen Clonoe Colly Doris has been immense and yet again Sunday past he was brilliant  i know hes round the 30 mark and its a dead duck him appearing for the County at this stage but he surely was good enough at some stage?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

EC Unique

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 18, 2013, 01:39:59 PM
With all these Arguments about players who do we see getting a call up for the MckKenna cup squad this year.

Good Defenders are like Hens teeth in Tyrone this past few years none really standing out to improve our defence at county Level.

I've seen fair bit of Club football over this past 12 months and the Following players cant be that far away from a run in the senior side during the McKenna Cup.

Shay McGuigan Ardboe

Finbar McQuaid Augher

Anytime Ive seen Clonoe Colly Doris has been immense and yet again Sunday past he was brilliant  i know hes round the 30 mark and its a dead duck him appearing for the County at this stage but he surely was good enough at some stage?

I think you can add Richey Donnelly from Trillick to that list.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Shay McGuigan Ardboe

Finbar McQuaid Augher

Dwyne Quinn was Tyrones u21s stand out defender the year and was very good on Sunday V Omagh. Your right about Doris, quality, why Harte never gave him game time is a mystery to me when I see some of the chaff he has gives chances to, think he is about 28

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 18, 2013, 01:50:58 PM

Shay McGuigan Ardboe

Finbar McQuaid Augher

Dwyne Quinn was Tyrones u21s stand out defender the year and was very good on Sunday V Omagh. Your right about Doris, quality, why Harte never gave him game time is a mystery to me when I see some of the chaff he has gives chances to, think he is about 28

By all accounts anybody i was chatting to last weekend said that Colm Cavanagh put on a masterclass against Killyclogher. He gets aot of bad press and will always be living in the shadow of sean by my all means hes still a pretty decent midfielder doesn't get the credit he deserves at times.

Dwayne Quinn has been decent for a while now is a real prospect.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

LeoMc

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 18, 2013, 04:03:35 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 18, 2013, 01:50:58 PM

Shay McGuigan Ardboe

Finbar McQuaid Augher

By all accounts anybody i was chatting to last weekend said that Colm Cavanagh put on a masterclass against Killyclogher. He gets aot of bad press and will always be living in the shadow of sean by my all means hes still a pretty decent midfielder doesn't get the credit he deserves at times.

Dwayne Quinn has been decent for a while now is a real prospect.

He was good alright but not the best Cavanagh on show. The Moy No 10 was very impressive. I was told he is Chris Cavanagh. Not sure if he is related.

HealyHellRaiser

Right people predictions this weekend. Carmen v Fianna. Errigal V Dromore. Two massive games with very little between the teams will last weeks drawn game have any bearing on this weeks game? Coalisland had a handy one, will that help or hinder them? Another thing any word of the stiffs champo?

dellboy123

Quote from: EC Unique on September 18, 2013, 01:44:03 PM

Shay McGuigan Ardboe

Finbar McQuaid Augher

You have got to be kidding with richey donnelly. No where near county senior standard

EC Unique

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on September 18, 2013, 04:48:20 PM
Right people predictions this weekend. Carmen v Fianna. Errigal V Dromore. Two massive games with very little between the teams will last weeks drawn game have any bearing on this weeks game? Coalisland had a handy one, will that help or hinder them? Another thing any word of the stiffs champo?

Carmen to beat Coalisland and Errigal to beat Dromore. Both close affairs.

EC Unique

Quote from: dellboy123 on September 19, 2013, 09:44:21 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 18, 2013, 01:44:03 PM

Shay McGuigan Ardboe

Finbar McQuaid Augher

You have got to be kidding with richey donnelly. No where near county senior standard

The few times I have seen him I thought he was excellent.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on September 15, 2013, 08:42:35 PM
Draw a fair result in difficult conditions. I think Errigal may have missed their chance.  :-\

Quote from: EC Unique on September 19, 2013, 09:56:24 AM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on September 18, 2013, 04:48:20 PM

Carmen to beat Coalisland and Errigal to beat Dromore. Both close affairs.

changed your mind EC?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either