Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

any1 know the junior championship semis?

Norf Tyrone

Deal Me In....Who got your first goal last nght?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

KIDDO

semi final draw in junior championship   Beraghv Brackaville or Glenelly, and Clogher v Rock , with Rock defeating Dregish ,1.10 to 0.9, in the second junior  quarter final tonight inClogher . The replay in the Glenelly v Brackaville  drawen quarter final will take place onThursday night next July 26th , at 7.30 pm in Augher .

ziggysego

Was at the Greencastle -v- Drumquin game yesterday evening at Newtownstewart. If ever there was a game of two halves, this was it. Greencastle totally dominated the first half, holding Drumquin to just one point. However, Drumquin took control of the second half and Greencastle began to struggle. Prehaps Greencastle took a good lead too early, thought they'd won the game and took the foot off the pedal.

The game ended 1-10 to 2-06. Greencastle were very lucky to be win the game and make it into the semi-final. Considering that Drumqin had two great goal chances in the first half.

However I was delighted to meet Norf Tyrone game the game. He wasn't looking too happy after the first game and that made me worry that Greencastle were going to meet the same faith as his beloved Owen Roes.

By the way Norf Tyrone, sorry if I looked a little confused and bewildered at the game. I was only back from my holidays two hours previously and I was hopped up on medication. Busted my knee when I was away, somehow manage to tear ligaments in my left knee! So the next time I see you, I won't look so much like a junkie! ;)
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Was at the drumquin - greencastle game yesterday. Would completely agree that it was a game of two halves (please resist the temptation to state that most of them are!). As a former drumquin eh, associate - I was dissapointed with the lack of spirit and leadership shown by the wolf tones in the first half, and indeed in the second half outside of a number of key players. In the first half it looked as though drumquin were sitting back admiring the all ireland medals hanging out of the greencastle boys shorts. They played with no conviction and little passion. With the exception of justin walsh at fullback last night, drumquin were poor all over the field in the first half. In the second half, greencastle did seem to take their foot off the pedal and let the tones back into contention. Liam patterson showed exactly the class and drive from his county U-21 days, I just wish he hadnt waited so late in the game. Ryan McCallion worked hard up front, and kicked some tight frees to bring drumquin back within touching distance. It could easily have ended in defeat for greencastle had the drumquin number 8's last minute fisted effort hit the back of the net. Drumquin would have taken a replay, but almost stole it! Second half was almost worth the 7£ admission.  ??? :-[

Norf Tyrone

QuoteBy the way Norf Tyrone, sorry if I looked a little confused and bewildered at the game. I was only back from my holidays two hours previously and I was hopped up on medication. Busted my knee when I was away, somehow manage to tear ligaments in my left knee! So the next time I see you, I won't look so much like a junkie!

Confused and bewildered was probably my state of mind, after our 2nd half capitulation...delighted as well Ziggy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

orangeman

I saw Eglish and Augher - Augher were by far the hungrier team - and should have beat Eglish by more -
Moortown were a tad lucky to beat Brocagh - Brocagh played the shirts off their backs - Personally I thought Morrtown would have won by a mile but Brocagh really put it up to them -

Moortown to win it now ?

orangeman

We beat a very very understrength Omagh team today -
I see Galbally racked up some score against Aygharan - any reports from today's matches ?

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on July 22, 2007, 10:23:49 PM
Moortown to win it now ?

They still have to make it to the final orangeman ;)
Testing Accessibility

longball

Quote from: ziggysego on July 22, 2007, 10:50:29 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 22, 2007, 10:23:49 PM
Moortown to win it now ?

They still have to make it to the final orangeman ;)

Agree. Think Greencastle will spoil their party. Moortown look very very beatable and none of other 3 teams in the semi's wud fear them!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on July 22, 2007, 10:25:05 PM
We beat a very very understrength Omagh team today -
I see Galbally racked up some score against Aygharan - any reports from today's matches ?

That was a brutal Omagh team yesterday orangeman? Hard to believe Omagh beat Ardboe earlier in the season, they are in real bother. Hopefully Ardboe have turned the corner with most men back in action they should start to pick up some more points and build for next year. Mal Coyle seems to be making some progress I think they should give him the job for next season.

snappiered

Quote from: clarshack on July 22, 2007, 05:10:46 PM
loughmacrory 0-14 stewartstown 0-11 in todays ACL 1B. the harps played a good part of the 2nd half with 13 men with donaghy getting lined later on. the harps looked the better team and 2 glorious missed goal chances proved costly. the star of the show was undoubtedly the referee (from t*ttyreagh) who put in the most shocking display I have seen this year. i dont like coming on here and giving out about referees but somebody somewhere needs to do something about the standard of refereeing not only in tyrone but all over the country.

What all mistakes did Kieran make in your opinion. Your 2 men definately hada go. No question of it.

orangeman

Omagh apparently were missing 12 from the team that beat us earlier in the season so we can't really read much into yesterdays result. It was a much needed win and the team have been playing well as past month or so. So hopefully we can go on and gain another win next week. I wouldn't be getting carried away with the win against Omagh - they were so depleted the reserves could have beat them.

orangeman

Ziggy - that's true - what I meant was that I fancied them out of the last 4 - no disrespect meant and I hope none taken.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 22, 2007, 08:29:24 PM
Quote from: KIDDO on July 22, 2007, 07:52:06 PM
Junior championship tie tonight atClogher , Brackaville 1.6. Glenelly 0.9.

Good result for Glenelly, putting some gloss on a bad weekend for North Tyrone!

Deal_Me_In...Did Mickey Ward travel to last night's game in a helicopter? I knew he had played the first hald of Glentoran's game with Bangor, which would've had him leaving Bangor at 4:00- 4:15, and I seen him in Newtown at least 90 minutse after this which is some going. A helicopter landed beside the pitch just per throw in, which I assumed was WJ Dolan, but rumour has it Beragh hired a helicopter for him?

Can confirm that it was Mickey Ward in the Helicopter, think the club arranged someone from greencastle (I think, Ziggy anyone about there with a helicopter) to take him from the glentoran match. He made a difference although not outstanding, gave us a focal point on the FF line allowing Rodgers out to HF where he is most dangerous. Definately think that Rodgers showed his class and how he is not starting for tyrone minors beggers belief, Norf would you agree?

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 22, 2007, 09:15:12 PM
Deal Me In....Who got your first goal last nght?

Niall Boyle, was down to play carner back but due to Mickey Wards late arrival was played at Corner Forward with Barry Conroy being pulled in as cover for CB.