Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

rrhf

Theres two championship potential teams left in the championship and sorry EC Errigal aint one of them.  Remember Peter is still retired.
Is big Oz back for the final?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2012, 10:48:14 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 10, 2012, 09:30:32 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on September 10, 2012, 09:12:21 AM
At what stage will the fixtures for the semi-finals be released?

Will there be a full programme of league fixtures this weekend?

When they made the draw they said the two semi-finals would be played on the weekend of 21-23 September. As that is All-Ireland weekend I would assume Saturday evening and Sunday evening games and Omagh is the logical venue for both games (possibly Fintona* for Dromore v Killyclogher).

*Or possibly the DRA.
Fintona could in theory host the Errigal/Carmen game as well (we were the hosts of the infamous 96 league final between the two clubs!) but I'd seriously doubt we'd get either game although it would be a great money spinner for the club. I'd be very surprised if Healy Park is not the venue for both semis.

Speaking of fixtures, I see many reserve players will end up being involved in two games in two days as the Senior, Intermediate and Junior Reserve championship quarter finals are down for Saturday afternoon followed by ACL fixtures the next day.

Seen that. We had no reserve game for 6 weeks there and inevitable the players who weren't getting games started to drift away. We were then told on the Tues to go to Brackaville on the Friday night for a 7pm Championship game, and then play Glenelly the next day in the league.

No games in 6 weeks, and then 2 in less than 24 hours!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hairy bacon

Quote from: rrhf on September 11, 2012, 10:38:42 PM
Theres two championship potential teams left in the championship and sorry EC Errigal aint one of them.  Remember Peter is still retired.
Big oz is back now but young donnelly is doing a very good job in there I can't see him been shifted!

nrico2006

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 11, 2012, 03:48:04 PM
Unless your from the parish, why would you want to see Errigal going all the way?

Of the teams that are left they are the one that I would like to see win it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on September 11, 2012, 10:38:42 PM

Lets hope Carmen are as dismissive as you..

gethimaf

Quote from: LeoMc on September 11, 2012, 03:56:44 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 11, 2012, 03:48:04 PM
Unless your from the parish, why would you want to see Errigal going all the way?

The lesser of 4 evils? :D
Definitely not the lesser of four evils. Hope Carrickmore win it.

The Beard

Quote from: Hashtag on September 11, 2012, 10:07:58 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 11, 2012, 09:46:14 AM
Errigal v carmen is a toss of a coin. They beat us last year by a point or 2 but IMO we have come on a lot since then. They now have penrose so should be strong up front. Hard one to call.

EU Unique-  can you give us a few words on The Second Coming of Daisy McDermott

Daisy is benefiting from a more understanding manager this year. Your never gona turn daisy into an angel overnight but what's happening this year is he is being managed so get the best out of him. A player of his calibre has to be managed and already you are seeing the benefits. We aren't exactly coming down with scoring forwards to be able to dismiss a man like daisy.......

On another note, it really pisses me off the c**k up that the county board have made of fixtures and the dromore debacle this year. Heads need to roll.....

Tommo2

Quote from: The Beard on September 12, 2012, 03:22:36 PM
Errigal v carmen is a toss of a coin. They beat us last year by a point or 2 but IMO we have come on a lot since then. They now have penrose so should be strong up front. Hard one to call.

Daisy is benefiting from a more understanding manager this year. Your never gona turn daisy into an angel overnight but what's happening this year is he is being managed so get the best out of him. A player of his calibre has to be managed and already you are seeing the benefits. We aren't exactly coming down with scoring forwards to be able to dismiss a man like daisy.......

On another note, it really pisses me off the c**k up that the county board have made of fixtures and the dromore debacle this year. Heads need to roll.....

Would the Errigal players/supporters view the current management team as better than the previous?

EC Unique

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 12, 2012, 03:33:36 PM

Would the Errigal players/supporters view the current management team as better than the previous?
Now there is a loaded question ;)

I would say the current management are reaping the rewards of the hard work put into the young panel by the previous management. The current management would be the first to admit this and they are doing a great job with the panel they have.

I think Errigal are in with a good chance of winning the championship this year.

The Beard

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 12, 2012, 03:33:36 PM

Wouldn't say they are better. Certainly had an easier run in championship with poor Moortown team and a depleted omagh team. League form would suggest that previous management was actually better, let's not forget that we won 2 league titles under Peter but had a tough run with a few narrow defeats in champ against Carmel and Na fianna.

I would still say we have a fair chance of winning championship yet but forward area is where we will struggle. None really showed against omagh, scored one from play between the 6 of them (rebound off the post that daisy put over). But strong defence and midfield will provide a good platform to build on....

I would also like to blow my own trumpet here and as how I predicted the 2 mcginelys would shine against omaghs second choice midfield  ;D

KIDDO 4

Tyrone intermediate championship replay last night Gortin 0.8, Galbally 0.6, Gortin play Eskra  in the championship semi final ,with Cookstown v Rock in the other semi final .

Tommo2

Will the fixtures now be released for the championship games next week?

EC Unique

Heard they are planning Errigal v carmen on Friday night under floodlight in omagh.

Hairy bacon

Quote from: EC Unique on September 13, 2012, 10:41:50 AM
Heard they are planning Errigal v carmen on Friday night under floodlight in omagh.

Carmen play errigal on saturday in pomroy