Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: The Bog Savage on September 10, 2012, 02:14:12 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 10, 2012, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2012, 10:29:49 AM
I see Derryluaghan won the u-14 Championship, unreal scoreline.  I have noticed them racking up scorelines like this regularly the past while, has there ever been a team that has been so far ahead at under-age?  Were they doing this at u-16 or Minor (at grade 2?) level this year or last or was that some other team?

I've been keeping a wee eye to Derrylaughan's U14s results this year myself. Last year their U13s were in grade 2, and we 'held them' to a 1-3 to 7-17 defeat. We said at the time that it would be interesting to see how they fared at grade 1 U14 the following year. I think the results show that they were badly graded lasy year. However even at that, that's some scores they are clocking up this year.

Probably the handiness of it is doing them little favours.

A request was made to the powers that be last year to be in Grade 1 having defeated carrickmore by 30points in a challenge game  long before the leagues started but the request was turned down despite the protests of the club.
Alot of hard work is being done to bring these lads to where they are and congrats on a totally deserved double!

with the scores that derrylaughan have been racking racking up, how come they didn't win the feile too? were they missing players when it took place?

Onthe40

Errigal have a great chance, its a one off game, all on the day as they say..the old carmen-errigal tradition would suggest itll be tight, with carmen being favourites. Do think if omagh had been at full strength last nite we would be talkin about a carmen-omagh semi..mcginleys wont boss the middle they way they did last nite, loss of omaghs 1st choice midfield proved the difference in the end..

errigal faded very badly in the 2nd half, which will need to be improved if their to make the final.

downatthemidda

firstly,welcome to the gaaboard bluenose. apologies for throwing my opinion out there. did the fianna not get a disputed point in the 1st half also? yes they did. congrats on beating half a carmen side in the league,a competition we cant win. i fancy coalisland to win the league. but will it mean that much without the unbeatable dromore not being able to win it?

bluenose

yes the fianna beat half a carmen team in the league but the island were missing a few players too where they not? mcnally wasnt playing who has been our best player for a long time and i am with you and cannot understand why he isnt starting for the county but surely you cant blame the fianna for dromore and carmen not being in the mix for league honours? it will be an interesting tussle in the semi with errigal but i fancy carmen to shade it but dromore are the form team and you cant deny that.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Bog Savage on September 10, 2012, 02:14:12 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 10, 2012, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2012, 10:29:49 AM
I see Derryluaghan won the u-14 Championship, unreal scoreline.  I have noticed them racking up scorelines like this regularly the past while, has there ever been a team that has been so far ahead at under-age?  Were they doing this at u-16 or Minor (at grade 2?) level this year or last or was that some other team?

I've been keeping a wee eye to Derrylaughan's U14s results this year myself. Last year their U13s were in grade 2, and we 'held them' to a 1-3 to 7-17 defeat. We said at the time that it would be interesting to see how they fared at grade 1 U14 the following year. I think the results show that they were badly graded lasy year. However even at that, that's some scores they are clocking up this year.

Probably the handiness of it is doing them little favours.

A request was made to the powers that be last year to be in Grade 1 having defeated carrickmore by 30points in a challenge game  long before the leagues started but the request was turned down despite the protests of the club.
Alot of hard work is being done to bring these lads to where they are and congrats on a totally deserved double!

I wasn't being dismissive if that's how it came across. U13 grading is very difficult, and I had heard that the Club wanted to go grade 1 last year.

Some scoring going on there!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

inthesquare

Would love too know why a right few on here are sayin dromore are favourites. Yes they're current champions but struggled a bit against an eglish side that they should of beaten by more and beat an ardboe team that to be honest on the day didn really perform. Only tactic they had was the high ball into the square. With a full back line like dromores was never really going to work

rrhf

I think Carmen have a chance but don't rate errigal. I'd think from ore will handle killyclogher ok. I feel drOmore underachieve whereas others punch above their weight

Hashtag

Quote from: rrhf on September 11, 2012, 07:27:24 AM
I think Carmen have a chance but don't rate errigal. I'd think from ore will handle killyclogher ok. I feel drOmore underachieve whereas others punch above their weight

Errigal's forward line wouldn't be the divil. Very m'eh in my opinion. Reckon it will be a tight game as Errigal will crowd it out. I'm going to say Carmen 0-10 Errigal 0-8.

EC Unique

Errigal v carmen is a toss of a coin. They beat us last year by a point or 2 but IMO we have come on a lot since then. They now have penrose so should be strong up front. Hard one to call.

Hashtag

Quote from: EC Unique on September 11, 2012, 09:46:14 AM
Errigal v carmen is a toss of a coin. They beat us last year by a point or 2 but IMO we have come on a lot since then. They now have penrose so should be strong up front. Hard one to call.

EU Unique-  can you give us a few words on The Second Coming of Daisy McDermott

EC Unique

Quote from: Hashtag on September 11, 2012, 10:07:58 AM

I am delighted that he has turned himself around and has proved a lot of people wrong including myself. He is going well so far this year and long may it last..

nrico2006

Quote from: EC Unique on September 11, 2012, 11:27:18 AM
Quote from: Hashtag on September 11, 2012, 10:07:58 AM

I am delighted that he has turned himself around and has proved a lot of people wrong including myself. He is going well so far this year and long may it last..

Good to hear he is back in the first team.  Last time I saw him he wasn't too interested in football to be honest.  Be good to see EC go all the way this year. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Wee Roddy

Unless your from the parish, why would you want to see Errigal going all the way?

LeoMc

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 11, 2012, 03:48:04 PM
Unless your from the parish, why would you want to see Errigal going all the way?

The lesser of 4 evils? :D

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on September 11, 2012, 03:56:44 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 11, 2012, 03:48:04 PM

The lesser of 4 evils? :D

The brand of football? :D