Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

DROMORE took their place in last night's Tyrone Senior Championship Semi-final draw despite fielding an ineligible player in the previous round.

The relieved St Dympna's were paired with Killyclogher in the last four, after a meeting of the Tyrone Competition Controls committee (CCC) on Friday night decided against the severest sanction which would have meant expelling the defending champions from the competition.

Instead the Tyrone CCC found that Dromore did  field a suspended player in their championship quarter-final against Ardboe last Sunday and as a result handed out a €200 fine.

Tyrone PRO Damian Harvey explained that the CCC did not have the power to expel Dromore from the championship as they did not receive an 'official objection' from the Ardboe club.

Rather they were alerted to the situation in a communication. The protocol to sending a proper objection, could have seen the county champions put out of the competition, and receiving a monetary fine.
CONTROVERSY

The controversy centred on St Dympna's Ruairí Sludden, who was brought on as a substitute with minutes to go in last weekend's Ardboe match. The CCC investigation was launched following a communication from the Lough shore club querying Sludden's eligibility.

The Dromore teenager was recently sent off for two yellow card offences in a minor club championship game against near neighbours Trillick. He also received a subsequent double yellow sending off in a minor game in recent months, thereby invoking a one match ban.

However there was confusion regarding his eligibility as the competitions were at different grades. The rules state that football at underage level is categorised as being juvenile, under 16, and below.

The St Dympna's club claimed they were given inaccurate information by a member of the CCC which indicated their player was eligible to play.

Tyrone PRO Harvey stated that the matter has been dealt with and is now is now closed.

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/09/10/relieved-dromore-in-semis/
Testing Accessibility

Bugsy

I think that's the best outcome, maturity shown by Ardboe in their highlighting it.

nrico2006

I see Derryluaghan won the u-14 Championship, unreal scoreline.  I have noticed them racking up scorelines like this regularly the past while, has there ever been a team that has been so far ahead at under-age?  Were they doing this at u-16 or Minor (at grade 2?) level this year or last or was that some other team? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LeoMc

Quote from: Bugsy on September 10, 2012, 10:25:08 AM
I think that's the best outcome, maturity shown by Ardboe in their highlighting it.

I wonder will they see quid pro quo in the consideration for their minors?

Dell

A  €200 fine (£160)  ??? That'ill teach em!
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

blackball

County board admit no responsibility at all!! What a shock! Harvey just said it is dealt with and case closed I wish we all could cover up our mistakes like that!

The Trap

Harvey will be covering up for Cookstown on Friday night too!!!!!!

Bugsy

Quote from: Dell on September 10, 2012, 11:04:53 AM
A  €200 fine (£160)  ??? That'ill teach em!

Even without a fine I'd say the same mistake won't happen again.

Moortown Spuds

Friday night was serious stuff, a real proper melee in the tunnel. But sure Carmen/Dromore weren't involved so nobody mentions it.

blackball

Fair enough Dromore stay in the championship, But is nobody going to get their ass kicked over this total f**k up? serious questions need asked of this county board! this year has been a joke from start to finish, complete disgrace we are playing the championship in september/october when we had the whole summer to play it, the league is still no where near being finished, Minor championship still not finished, Reserve championship still to play, U21 championship still to play, U16s still to finish up!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2012, 10:29:49 AM
I see Derryluaghan won the u-14 Championship, unreal scoreline.  I have noticed them racking up scorelines like this regularly the past while, has there ever been a team that has been so far ahead at under-age?  Were they doing this at u-16 or Minor (at grade 2?) level this year or last or was that some other team?

I've been keeping a wee eye to Derrylaughan's U14s results this year myself. Last year their U13s were in grade 2, and we 'held them' to a 1-3 to 7-17 defeat. We said at the time that it would be interesting to see how they fared at grade 1 U14 the following year. I think the results show that they were badly graded lasy year. However even at that, that's some scores they are clocking up this year.

Probably the handiness of it is doing them little favours.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bluenose

great victory for the lads tonite. no medals for winning quarter finals tho. especially against a completely over rated fianna. how young mcnally not on county team still baffles all the same. lookin forward to game and draw in carmen tonite.

downatthemidda are the fianna that over rated? who rates them so highly? young boys talking them up that is it, did they not beat carmen up in carmen?  I mean they have been beaten once all year, and that was on saturday,  considering carmen got a questionable point and the goal  at the end was lucky there is your 4 points right there. there are no sour grapes here the fianna didnt play well enough and carrickmore were the better team simple as, but to say they are are over rated is rubbish nobody from coalisland that knows anything will agree with you there i am afraid. i still reckon dromore are the team to beat, carmen will find it tough beating them.

The Bog Savage

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 10, 2012, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2012, 10:29:49 AM

I've been keeping a wee eye to Derrylaughan's U14s results this year myself. Last year their U13s were in grade 2, and we 'held them' to a 1-3 to 7-17 defeat. We said at the time that it would be interesting to see how they fared at grade 1 U14 the following year. I think the results show that they were badly graded lasy year. However even at that, that's some scores they are clocking up this year.

Probably the handiness of it is doing them little favours.

A request was made to the powers that be last year to be in Grade 1 having defeated carrickmore by 30points in a challenge game  long before the leagues started but the request was turned down despite the protests of the club.
Alot of hard work is being done to bring these lads to where they are and congrats on a totally deserved double!

EC Unique

Quote from: bluenose on September 10, 2012, 01:25:04 PM
great victory for the lads tonite. no medals for winning quarter finals tho. especially against a completely over rated fianna. how young mcnally not on county team still baffles all the same. lookin forward to game and draw in carmen tonite.

downatthemidda are the fianna that over rated? who rates them so highly? young boys talking them up that is it, did they not beat carmen up in carmen?  I mean they have been beaten once all year, and that was on saturday,  considering carmen got a questionable point and the goal  at the end was lucky there is your 4 points right there. there are no sour grapes here the fianna didnt play well enough and carrickmore were the better team simple as, but to say they are are over rated is rubbish nobody from coalisland that knows anything will agree with you there i am afraid. i still reckon dromore are the team to beat, carmen will find it tough beating them.

Have Errigal no chance against Carmen then? :(

KIDDO 4

The Galbally v Gortin  intermediate replay will take place on Wed night next , Sept 12th , 8.15,HealyPark.