Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Wee Roddy

I know that two of our county players are listed as being social media users and neither do. I would say this is not really a player at all but an impersonator

barelegs

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 05, 2012, 10:22:51 AM
What exactly happened to him after 2003?  How did he go from the Tyrone Centre back in 2003 to not playing a few years later?  I know people say he was slow, but surely there is more to it than that.

My recollection is that Horse was on the team up until the first game against Dublin in 2005. He was subbed off that day after Alan Brogan had given him a torrid time and I'm not sure he featured again. Apparently he'd suffered a bad foot injury that ended his playing career with Ardboe.

He's done a fairly good job in management so far with Newbridge and Kildress.

barelegs

Quote from: Hashtag on September 05, 2012, 08:29:16 AM
Current Tyrone players took to twitter last night to speak against Tyrone's Monday Night Meeting.
One player is just new to the social network and obviously has a lot to learn.
He joked about how he shouldn't be talking to them other current panel members on twitter in case it leaked, also added the following hashtag #loadofdung
It was discussed at the meeting that players shouldn't be using the social media network to talk about team matters. MH stated that he had refained from naming his team on Thursday nights last year because of the social media network and leaks. This meant Harte named his team the morning of the game, something that the players weren't happy with.
Do you think that things like this show that this current crop of players don't buy into the 'Harte Philosophy' ?

NB I removed the names from original post.

The problem I have with this Hashtag is that in isolation what the player said was harmless enough. It's only when you come on here and read the background to what was said, then it becomes an issue.

What's worse, an 'in joke' that no one quite understands on twitter or a player telling you what happened at the meeting and you repeating it chapter and verse here?

I'm not attacking you mind, it's just that in trying to blame twitter people can lose sight of the real problem. If I was to meet a player on the street and he was to tell me the actual team on the Friday afternoon it could be all over twitter or this board 20 minutes later. There are plenty of Donegal players on twitter, it isn't a problem for them.

gethimaf

Quote from: skeog on September 04, 2012, 09:53:41 PM
new addition to tyrone backroom team the horse devlin this will shake things up
Believe he is the only player ever to do the parade before the game and not play the game.

Hashtag

Quote from: barelegs on September 05, 2012, 01:45:36 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on September 05, 2012, 08:29:16 AM
Current Tyrone players took to twitter last night to speak against Tyrone's Monday Night Meeting.
One player is just new to the social network and obviously has a lot to learn.
He joked about how he shouldn't be talking to them other current panel members on twitter in case it leaked, also added the following hashtag #loadofdung
It was discussed at the meeting that players shouldn't be using the social media network to talk about team matters. MH stated that he had refained from naming his team on Thursday nights last year because of the social media network and leaks. This meant Harte named his team the morning of the game, something that the players weren't happy with.
Do you think that things like this show that this current crop of players don't buy into the 'Harte Philosophy' ?

NB I removed the names from original post.

The problem I have with this Hashtag is that in isolation what the player said was harmless enough. It's only when you come on here and read the background to what was said, then it becomes an issue.

What's worse, an 'in joke' that no one quite understands on twitter or a player telling you what happened at the meeting and you repeating it chapter and verse here?

I'm not attacking you mind, it's just that in trying to blame twitter people can lose sight of the real problem. If I was to meet a player on the street and he was to tell me the actual team on the Friday afternoon it could be all over twitter or this board 20 minutes later. There are plenty of Donegal players on twitter, it isn't a problem for them.

Barelegs- did you see the aforementioned 'tweets'? Agreed, If you had of been just reading them you probably would of thought nothing of it, but now that you know the background and I put in a few buzz words like 'Harte Philosophy' and also suggest that some players done buy into what Harte is doing then all of a sudden you raise your eyebrows. Just is the power of both social media and internet forums.

'Having an opinion is no problem, just keep it to yourself.'

orangeman

Quote from: gethimaf on September 05, 2012, 01:51:43 PM
Believe he is the only player ever to do the parade before the game and not play the game.

That happened alright. But it wasn't the first or last time.

It happens and has happened in this year's Ulster senior championship as well. Down did it in Brewster when Arthur Mc Conville got to do the parade.

gethimaf

Quote from: orangeman on September 05, 2012, 02:06:54 PM

It happens and has happened in this year's Ulster senior championship as well. Down did it in Brewster when Arthur Mc Conville got to
do the parade.

Donegal 2004? Devlin's was supposed to ber drink related? Here he's a brilliant coach, should be a good addition

barelegs

I did read the tweets between the players. I don't know what was said at the meeting and as a result I'm not sure what the fella in question thinks is a '#loadofdung'. If what was said at the meeting is what you have said then it certainly wasn't a wise thing to do on his behalf.

Personally I think the management should be more worried about some of the decisions they made this year in terms of team selection and in terms of changes during games than they should be about what the players are tweeting.

And in saying that the players should have enough common sense to know that whats said during team meetings shouldn't be repeated anywhere, never mind on social networks.

The backroom team clearly needed freshening up. There will be fellas in the squad who have been listening to the same voices for the last 10 years. A new voice and a new interpretation of things can't be a bad thing!

orangeman

Quote from: gethimaf on September 05, 2012, 02:49:32 PM

It happens and has happened in this year's Ulster senior championship as well. Down did it in Brewster when Arthur Mc Conville got to
do the parade.

Donegal 2004? Devlin's was supposed to ber drink related? Here he's a brilliant coach, should be a good addition

Injury.

gethimaf

Quote from: orangeman on September 05, 2012, 02:59:26 PM
Quote from: gethimaf on September 05, 2012, 02:49:32 PM

do the parade.

Injury.

now now

LeoMc

Quote from: barelegs on September 05, 2012, 02:50:40 PM
I did read the tweets between the players. I don't know what was said at the meeting and as a result I'm not sure what the fella in question thinks is a '#loadofdung'. If what was said at the meeting is what you have said then it certainly wasn't a wise thing to do on his behalf.

Personally I think the management should be more worried about some of the decisions they made this year in terms of team selection and in terms of changes during games than they should be about what the players are tweeting.

And in saying that the players should have enough common sense to know that whats said during team meetings shouldn't be repeated anywhere, never mind on social networks.

The backroom team clearly needed freshening up. There will be fellas in the squad who have been listening to the same voices for the last 10 years. A new voice and a new interpretation of things can't be a bad thing!

That is the key thing, if they are not buying into the whole team ethic they should not be there.

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

oakleafgael

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 05, 2012, 09:02:46 PM
What price Ardboe for the cship ?

I will give you 33-1 as I'm a nice fella.

winghalfback

Anyone any idea what the story is with minor championship semi finals in grade 1? I see no draw has been made and was wondering has this to do with the Cookstown Ardboe handlin, is there anything going to happen about it or is the decision to throw out Ardboe final. Will the minor final be the curtain raiser for the senior final wonder what date this is set for.