Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Did anyone hear that the U16 season is being run off first this year, commencing first week of March?

Why's that, and what'll be the logistics of it?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

goal and a point

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 18, 2012, 12:00:39 AM
Did anyone hear that the U16 season is being run off first this year, commencing first week of March?

Yeah it is from what i hear - think it came about from the feed back at the end of year youth meeting. Not a bad scenerio as u16 tended to drift slightly due to summer holidays and then it always conflicted with schools matches in september.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: goal and a point on January 18, 2012, 08:43:04 AM

Yeah it is from what i hear - think it came about from the feed back at the end of year youth meeting. Not a bad scenerio as u16 tended to drift slightly due to summer holidays and then it always conflicted with schools matches in september.

I can see that advantage, but will that mean U14s, Minor and U16s all out at the same time?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Sigersonbhoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 18, 2012, 11:27:23 AM
Quote from: goal and a point on January 18, 2012, 08:43:04 AM

I can see that advantage, but will that mean U14s, Minor and U16s all out at the same time?
As far as I know the u14 league doesn't start till june, ie after u16 finished.
Will prob be clashes between u16/minor if clubs have over lapping players.

Radda bout yeee

Whats the story with Mick Hagan of Moortown and his gang of merry men? I hear he's walked out on Moortown but can't get a club around the lough shore to take him for the season?

scout

radda bout yee... from the rumours ive heard, he has joined ardboe supposedly, not sure on the other players but thats the talk. if he sorts the head out hes a fine player and could add a wee bit to an ardboe forward line . Moortown-Ardboe derby will be very interesting if a)he has joined ardboe b) he starts against them. Plus i believe the fixture is in moortown this year, so im sure he'll get heated reception.

orangeman

It's an awful pity that Tyrone match is clashing with the all ireland junior semi that Derrytresk asre involved in. It will surely take away from the crowd. I know a good few who were going to go to Portaoise to support the team but Athletic grounds is very convenient.

But good luck to Derrytresk and wouldn't it be some dream come true to run out onto Croke Park for the final ?.

Best of luck to them.

Tommo2

Senior football league due to start on 1st April? Are they going to run the games off in the same manner as last year and play championsip at end of season?

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on January 19, 2012, 05:03:40 PM
It's an awful pity that Tyrone match is clashing with the all ireland junior semi that Derrytresk asre involved in. It will surely take away from the crowd. I know a good few who were going to go to Portaoise to support the team but Athletic grounds is very convenient.

But good luck to Derrytresk and wouldn't it be some dream come true to run out onto Croke Park for the final ?.

Best of luck to them.

Amazing to think Derrytresk will be sharing the field with Declan O'Sullivan in an AI SF. Hopefully Mickey has been passing on tips how to beat the pesky animals.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: Tommo2 on January 19, 2012, 10:11:31 PM
Senior football league due to start on 1st April? Are they going to run the games off in the same manner as last year and play championsip at end of season?

I heard Championship starts early this year. May maybe?

tyronehead

Talk I heard was they were going to play two rounds before the Armagh game June 10 on the weekends of May 11-13 and May 25-27 .
There will be opposition from some quarters but clubs like Coalisland and Clonoe with players going to the states in the past are pushing hard for it to go through.I think it would be a good thing .

skeog

great idea lol 24 clubs with nothing to motivate them just because of foreign holidays

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: tyronehead on January 20, 2012, 10:36:07 AM
Talk I heard was they were going to play two rounds before the Armagh game June 10 on the weekends of May 11-13 and May 25-27 .
There will be opposition from some quarters but clubs like Coalisland and Clonoe with players going to the states in the past are pushing hard for it to go through.I think it would be a good thing .

Your making that up mate, were not pushing it at all, were more than happy with last years planning of league and championship.

winghalfback

Quote from: tyronehead on January 20, 2012, 10:36:07 AM

what kind od rubbish is this did you just make it up while you were on the bowl cos your talkin sh1t into the bargain probably have not even discussed the championship yet and both the two club you have mentioned will both have serious ambitions of winning the cup this year and no players will be leaving

Wee Roddy

Speaking of championships are there any odds available yet? Someone told me that Dromore are 8/11 to win it already.