Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo

deny your club - deny yourself - you're not worth talking to or about !

lol ;D It must be true, thanks orangey.

snappiered

Who will take over from Rodger at the helm Ardboe posters?

orangeman

have you got over the Ballymacnab suspensions yet ?

EC Unique

Quote from: snappiered on June 18, 2007, 04:05:29 PM
Who will take over from Rodger at the helm Ardboe posters?

Barney Eastwood would be the man :D :D

amigo

have you got over the Ballymacnab suspensions yet ?

I was glad to see the Ballymacnab players suspended LOL  ;D

shezam

Tyrone CCC member assaulted
19 June 2007

The GAA has another disciplinary crisis on its hands after Tyrone Competitions Control Committee (CCC) secretary Aodhan Harkin was assaulted during a club match last weekend.

The Tyrone disciplinary chief was struck by a supporter as he patrolled the sideline during a league clash between his club Strabane and Urney. The assailant jumped over the fence surrounding the pitch and confronted Harkin, who was with his young son.

Referee Fergal Daly is believed to have witnessed the attack and is expected to include it in his report. Harkin was acting in his capacity as a Strabane official and was not representing the county board, but Tyrone officials are still expected to come down hard on his assailant.

Bensars

If theres any truth in the accussation, that will be Urney pitch closed for the foreseeable future.

Especially after the suspensions last year.   

If it is true, its good enough for them

rrhf

I hear Ziggy thats a good minor squad you have up there.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bensars on June 19, 2007, 12:23:39 PM
If theres any truth in the accussation, that will be Urney pitch closed for the foreseeable future.

Especially after the suspensions last year.   

If it is true, its good enough for them

There's truth in it all right Bensars, unfortunately, Aodhán had the marks to prove it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bensars

I would imagine that the county board will throw the book at Urney, especially after their recent history/suspensions.

Did the supporter have any relations playing ? ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Didn't know him myself, and I didn't hear the name subsequently, but he umpired the Reserve game, to make it worse.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

amigo

ic Summary
Posted on: Today at 01:53:39 PMPosted by: Final Whistle 
Insert Quote
The state of Tyrone football is in the boiling pot here. The county board can have two roads to go down here. The right way or the wrong way. They can do the normal thing and brush it under the carpet or set a precedent for all involved. Already the spotlight is on the violence in our game and this is an oppertunity to eradicate the systematic approach to games taken by some clubs in Tyrone. I admit that a better standard of refereeing is required, however there are clubs who are making it nearly impossible for the referees to officiate. Its crisis time!! Either relegate repeat offenders or boot them out of their respective championships! And I am not talking about teams who misbehave three/four/five times. No, two strike policy and then come down on them like a ton of bricks!!!! Only option!!!! 

I agree. I blame the Moy for it all LOL.

giveherlong

Any word on dates for the quarter finals of the SFC, IFC or JFC? They will hardly be played before the Ulster Final?

Wee Roddy

Mr Harkin will get no sympathy in my part of the world. Last year after Carmen played Dromore in the championship, the Dromore supporters tried to get at the referee after the game. Aodhan tried to protect the referee when he was knocked to the ground. Peter Loughran, who was not on the field with the rest of the Carrickmore players and supporters celebrating because of injury intervened and helped Harkin to his feet. He subsequently got a six month suspension. He would have been back playing by now but his appetite for the game has gone because of this incident.

EC Unique

Time to cut this shit out or our game is in danger. There are a few clubs who never seem to be far away when there is trouble and they must be delt with properly in order to let them and all other clubs know that this behaviour is not wanted and will not be tolerated. County board it is over to you!!! >:(