Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Don't think more stewards would have mattered.Regarding the fighting in the stand,both sides were hell bent on going at it and not too many stewards would have been willing to go into the middle of it.
The referee was protected and the stewards on the pitch stopped some players from getting over the wire.Not much more the stewards could have done though they did make a balls of parking the cars :P

Dell

Agree with Rossa a few Errigal stewards in the middle of this would not have helped, they would then have been eithed attacked or blamed for the whole thing! After all it must be someone elses fault!!
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

LeoMc

Quote from: EC Unique on November 14, 2011, 09:55:47 AM
No RRHF the play offs are necessary due to county players being unavailable for too many league games so not fair for clubs with more of them.

The way to get rid of this is to hammer the clubs involved to send out a message. Ban them both from next years league, close the ground for a year. Something that will act as a deterant instead of a few 3 month bans that mean nothing at this time of year.

I know the parking was bad but that is a bit extreme!

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on November 14, 2011, 10:38:12 AM
EC were you at the game and what sanctions do you feel need implemented.

I was. As far as sanctions go I think a clear message needs to be sent out. Ground closures would be appropriate punnishment for clubs that have supporters that think it is OK to fight in the stands in this sort of scale. As for the players, video evedince will id the guilty men and give them bans that will rule them out of significant football next season.

I doubt if either will happen.

Just_Browsing

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2011/11/14/crowd-brawl-mars-gaa-final/ - Im sure the paper will be full of pictures today.  Its a pity no-one has even really commented on the game.  Was it a decent game - did McCusker have another good game - was there ever any word on if he is going to join up with the county panel again?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Just_Browsing on November 14, 2011, 11:37:19 AM
http://www.ulsterherald.com/2011/11/14/crowd-brawl-mars-gaa-final/ - Im sure the paper will be full of pictures today.  Its a pity no-one has even really commented on the game.  Was it a decent game - did McCusker have another good game - was there ever any word on if he is going to join up with the county panel again?

wont play for the county apparently.......... ???
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Club Rossa

Poor enough 1st half,Dromore led 3-2 at the break.Carrickmore moved Colm McGurk out to midfield for the 2nd half and he was causing Dromore problems with his direct running.Dromore got back on top though and Niall Sludden who i thought was the best player on view hit some lovely scores.McCusker played well and knocked over a couple of good points.Apart from the first 10 mins of the 2nd half Dromore were the better side and were worthy winners on the day.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2011, 05:27:55 PM
Dungannon won fairly handy [against Brocagh]. Cavlan was their main man!

And now for some good news on a bad news day!  ;)

Strabane Sigersons beat Dungannon Clarkes on a scoreline of 2-14 to 0-06, with the Clarkes being restricted to two measly points in the second half.

Sigersons' defence had the measure of the Clarkes' attack, and the Sigersons' attack had the measure of the Clarkes' defence: in other words both teams looked genuine products of their respective divisions. Midfield was shaded by Sigersons too.

Cavlan was well shackled throughout, was wasn't given the space to demonstrate his still considerable wares; this close attention saw him drift back into midfield at times, but he wasn't getting much change there either.

A good day for the Sigersons, with commiserations to the Clarkes.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: LeoMc on November 14, 2011, 11:12:32 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 14, 2011, 09:55:47 AM
No RRHF the play offs are necessary due to county players being unavailable for too many league games so not fair for clubs with more of them.

The way to get rid of this is to hammer the clubs involved to send out a message. Ban them both from next years league, close the ground for a year. Something that will act as a deterant instead of a few 3 month bans that mean nothing at this time of year.

I know the parking was bad but that is a bit extreme!

;D ;D ;D

parking is a serious matter LeoMc
First on the field and last to leave

ONeill

Was up in Casement for the Derrytresk/Eire og game. Alarming gulf in talent between the two intermediate champions. I know Eire og were a division 4 Armagh side but they still came out on top in that championship. Derrytrasna caught the Hill on a bad day in the previous round but Derrytresk won well in the end. Why are the Tyrone Junior champions often too good for their local counterparts yet at senior level they don't really count?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 14, 2011, 02:06:27 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2011, 05:27:55 PM
Dungannon won fairly handy [against Brocagh]. Cavlan was their main man!

And now for some good news on a bad news day!  ;)

Strabane Sigersons beat Dungannon Clarkes on a scoreline of 2-14 to 0-06, with the Clarkes being restricted to two measly points in the second half.

Sigersons' defence had the measure of the Clarkes' attack, and the Sigersons' attack had the measure of the Clarkes' defence: in other words both teams looked genuine products of their respective divisions. Midfield was shaded by Sigersons too.

Cavlan was well shackled throughout, was wasn't given the space to demonstrate his still considerable wares; this close attention saw him drift back into midfield at times, but he wasn't getting much change there either.

A good day for the Sigersons, with commiserations to the Clarkes.

I hear Strabane were excellent yesterday which begs the question why can't they do it more often?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 14, 2011, 04:56:15 PM
I hear Strabane were excellent yesterday which begs the question why can't they do it more often?

You heard correctly Norf, and I'm sure I wasn't the only attendee that had that very question rattling around my brain for the duration, and the there and after.

I'd say if performances like that could be purveyed on a sustained, or semi-sustained, basis, we'd have been playing off at the other end of the Division for movement in the other direction. Having said that though, the younger lads have been generally steadily improving as the months have progressed, with yesterday as their most assured and polished of days out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gethimaf

Quote from: EC Unique on November 14, 2011, 10:23:57 AM
QuoteTyrone call for guilty parties to own up
13 November 2011

Following the crowd violence during the Tyrone league final, the O'Neill County board has called on those responsible to come forward or else they will bring discredit on the GAA.

A row near the end of the game in which Dromore defeated Carrickmore spread into the stand, with shocking scenes reported.

Officials in the county have moved quickly with an investigation already underway.

"The Tyrone County Board wish to confirm that an investigation into the incidents surrounding the O'Neills Division 1 League final has already begun.  The Tyrone Competitions Control Committee (CCC) will review the full match report from the referee and will also review video evidence of the game," said a statement on Sunday evening.

"The Tyrone County Board condemn unreservedly the actions of those people involved in fighting in the crowd.  There is no place for scenes such as these in our games.  The people involved should come forward and accept responsibility for their actions. Their failure to do so will only further discredit their own clubs and our association."

Some chance ::)

If Coalisland were involved the field would be closed for 2 years, considering we got our field closed for man getting his jaw broke in a field fight which he was part of.  Total joke, county board wont stand up to the west teams.

midnightcaller

Quote from: EC Unique on November 13, 2011, 09:58:59 PM
I was, but as usual the instigators got off light. Every time Tyrone club football is in the news for the wrong reasons there is one name always involved. One common denominator.....

This club being who EC?