Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

EC Unique

Not really. It was predictable. League final in November with no other match of significance in the near future means players have no fear of suspension. County board need to make a stand on this.... But they won't.

tyssam5

Up The Middle

Seem to remember this happening in the league final 2 years ago in omagh. Were you calling out for sanctions then EC.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

EC Unique

I was, but as usual the instigators got off light. Every time Tyrone club football is in the news for the wrong reasons there is one name always involved. One common denominator.....

Norf Tyrone

Can't be that big a secret. I never heard that one before. Shame on you slagging one of your fellow County men.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

No RRHF the play offs are necessary due to county players being unavailable for too many league games so not fair for clubs with more of them.

The way to get rid of this is to hammer the clubs involved to send out a message. Ban them both from next years league, close the ground for a year. Something that will act as a deterant instead of a few 3 month bans that mean nothing at this time of year.

Hereiam

The best course of action would be to have no winner this year of the league. That would send out the message that this won't be accepted in the GAA. I also think Carrickmore should be suspended from next yrs championship as it would be the only way to get into these monkeys heads that fighting like this is not going to be allowed to continue.

EC Unique

QuoteTyrone call for guilty parties to own up
13 November 2011

Following the crowd violence during the Tyrone league final, the O'Neill County board has called on those responsible to come forward or else they will bring discredit on the GAA.

A row near the end of the game in which Dromore defeated Carrickmore spread into the stand, with shocking scenes reported.

Officials in the county have moved quickly with an investigation already underway.

"The Tyrone County Board wish to confirm that an investigation into the incidents surrounding the O'Neills Division 1 League final has already begun.  The Tyrone Competitions Control Committee (CCC) will review the full match report from the referee and will also review video evidence of the game," said a statement on Sunday evening.

"The Tyrone County Board condemn unreservedly the actions of those people involved in fighting in the crowd.  There is no place for scenes such as these in our games.  The people involved should come forward and accept responsibility for their actions. Their failure to do so will only further discredit their own clubs and our association."

Some chance ::)

rrhf

EC were you at the game and what sanctions do you feel need implemented. 

nothingbettertobeat

whole things a farce. both sides should be allowed to compete next season but both teams should get their fields closed for 12 months.carrickmore have been doing this for years and have been getting away with it. i mind the league final against errigal ciaran two seasons ago was overshadowed by similar scenes so this wasnt an issolated incident on their behalf.yesturdays game was always going to happen as it takes very little to spark things off.no call for league finals anyway team at the top after 15 games wins the league. these teams have had huge hatred for each other for quite some time and it should have been policed better with more stewarts on hand. yet again the county board have to take some of the responsibility for been so naive.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Dell

Shocking scenes yesterday on and off the pitch. reminded me of Errigal Carrickmore game in Fintona many years ago, but what happend in the stand was ridiculous ALOT of outsiders could draw up a list of men from both clubs you think were involved and you would be probably get 95% of them right. These 'grown men' Will now claim innocence and blame others for their actions the clubs should lead the way and tell these idiots we don't need or want you associated with us. But that will never happen. The amount of women and children visibly affected by it was obvious to all. The CCC will make some noise throw out a few suspensions and then reduce them at a later date. There is no place for these men in our national game.
On a side issue could refs linesmen and umpires do something about the constant verbals creeping into the game. I know all teams have men who are guilty of this but i feel this year it has reached an all time low with some of the remarks made and the lack of punishment for it. Just a personal gripe but this sledging leads to incidents like yesterday.
No doubt Tyrone club football will make the news headlines on BBC and UTV tonight for the first time in many years.  :(  >:(
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak