Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

wheres he taken her from -  would not describe it as handbags  dromore may have had a man sent off but the cynical attacks on several dromore players was pure thuggery and a decent ref would not allow what happened to be tolerated anyway if thats the best  clonoe can produce no hope of an o neill cup anytime soon

usa07

Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2011, 07:22:25 PM
wheres he taken her from -  would not describe it as handbags  dromore may have had a man sent off but the cynical attacks on several dromore players was pure thuggery and a decent ref would not allow what happened to be tolerated anyway if thats the best  clonoe can produce no hope of an o neill cup anytime soon
Why skeog what player/players were clonoe targeting? Clonoe always have been known to be pure thugs anyway!

Club Rossa

A decent ref would have sent off a Dromore player for headbutting in injury time.There was always going to be a bit of needle between the teams especially as it was their 2nd meeting in 2 weeks but i wouldn't call it thuggery,well apart from the headbutt.

Up The Middle

Quote from: usa07 on November 05, 2011, 07:26:13 PM
Why skeog what player/players were clonoe targeting? Clonoe always have been known to be pure thugs anyway!

Please elaborate, when have clonoe players been known as thugs you clown.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: usa07 on November 05, 2011, 07:26:13 PM

skeog - few tough tackles surely, but we werent the team that lost a man for striking and another that should have been sent off for headbutting. I'd say we've as good a chance of an O'Neill cup as anyone next season so wind yer neck in.

USA 07 - wee bit of evidence of your random abuse??
First on the field and last to leave

skeog

colm mc cullagh 1st minute ronan mc nabb 10th min niall sludden 13th min all taken out with reckless challenges ronan had to leave field due to the dreadful act carried out on him after 20 mins several other dirty knees closeline tackles etc from a one man missing clonoe side dromore had 4 missing from final but as like two weeks ago dromore the better team should be a good final with carmen probably favourites being the fresher team for next week

loughshore lad

Very refreshing views here from a county player with respect to how the co board treat club players...

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/?p=10858

Up The Middle

Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2011, 08:53:10 PM
colm mc cullagh 1st minute ronan mc nabb 10th min niall sludden 13th min all taken out with reckless challenges ronan had to leave field due to the dreadful act carried out on him after 20 mins several other dirty knees closeline tackles etc from a one man missing clonoe side dromore had 4 missing from final but as like two weeks ago dromore the better team should be a good final with carmen probably favourites being the fresher team for next week

I have to laugh at this, mcmenamin has made a career out if all of the above and dont get me started on fabian o'neill and ward.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: loughshore lad on November 05, 2011, 08:56:20 PM
Very refreshing views here from a county player with respect to how the co board treat club players...

Fair play to Ricey. Time the club players stood up and stop being treated like second class citizens. All the county boards trhink of is the county teams and use the club players as a money making tool to support the county teams. I think the club players should organise an association like the the elitist GPA and not allow themselves to be walked over. Criminal to think that county boards spend 85% of income on county teams while club players haveto raisie  funds for themselves.
Lets get the GCA [Gaelic Club Association] up and running.

What would the Tyrone county board have been saying if Tyrone had to play an All Ireland quarter final the sunday after winning the Ulster Championship.

Remember the  county boards can't exist without the club players.

The Bog Savage

Poor return on the rahilly investment the year ;D

tyronehead

The bog savage talking about investments by clubs sure it is the people all around you that are bleeding gaa clubs dry ! In and around Ardboe up through to Ballinderry how many mercenary men are there? They all talk about how many men from that area manage teams it is because they are all mercenary men and take money from all the clubs. I wonder how much money is going into the pockets of these men , it is a disgrace ,go through every one of them from colleges football right through Tyrone Division 1 and 2 and work it out , a clean farce. These people are leeches bleeding dry  the silly clubs that pay out to them.

clarshack

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 05, 2011, 09:29:50 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on November 05, 2011, 08:56:20 PM

Fair play to Ricey. Time the club players stood up and stop being treated like second class citizens. All the county boards trhink of is the county teams and use the club players as a money making tool to support the county teams. I think the club players should organise an association like the the elitist GPA and not allow themselves to be walked over. Criminal to think that county boards spend 85% of income on county teams while club players haveto raisie  funds for themselves.
Lets get the GCA [Gaelic Club Association] up and running.

What would the Tyrone county board have been saying if Tyrone had to play an All Ireland quarter final the sunday after winning the Ulster Championship.

Remember the  county boards can't exist without the club players.

it's good to see a county man rightfully defending the situation faced by club players but at same time ricey shouldnt have mentioned international rules considering he took his trip to australia in 2005 and probably held up a few games in the process. everything else he said was spot on.

clarshack

Quote from: tyronehead on November 05, 2011, 10:19:22 PM
The bog savage talking about investments by clubs sure it is the people all around you that are bleeding gaa clubs dry ! In and around Ardboe up through to Ballinderry how many mercenary men are there? They all talk about how many men from that area manage teams it is because they are all mercenary men and take money from all the clubs. I wonder how much money is going into the pockets of these men , it is a disgrace ,go through every one of them from colleges football right through Tyrone Division 1 and 2 and work it out , a clean farce. These people are leeches bleeding dry  the silly clubs that pay out to them.

i can honestly say that the ardboe native who has taken stewartstown for the last 2 years is certainly no mercenary and is a proper gaa man - so you can rule that one out. i'll also say that despite being in an age of defensive systems he's stuck to his guns and had us playing great attacking football and it's been a joy too watch. 2011 IFC: Harps 4-9 Gortin 2-14 - says it all (you wouldnt get that in donegal  :D).

bderryman

damien cassidy is deff a leech,any man who charges his own club should hang his head in shame,but not him,as long as theres silly wee clubs who keep throwing away money there will be boys like him waiting to take it...

tyronehead

Bderryman I wasn't referring to anyone specifically but now you are on the subject ,I wonder how much your own club members have taken in this year as managers of other clubs and university sides?
It is the region around your own club and a 10mile radius that seems to have the biggest leeches and men that take money by the fistful for managing teams , go through them all . You know rightly what is going on and it is pathetic and these people should be ashamed of themselves they are leeches and a disgrace .