Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty one yard free

could be a while before tyrone gets a man like mcguigan a true legend of the game

BennyHarp

Massive boots to fill in the Tyrone team - two of my favourite players to watch in their prime and as someone said, always performed on the big days! But I suppose the re-building has to start sometime, it will be interesting to see who takes their place next year.
That was never a square ball!!

border rabbit

For what its worth, I have mixed emotions on these 2 men retiring. Brian McGuigan will always be 1 of my favourite footballers. His vision and all round passing and score taking was 2nd to none, he was the most vital vital part of the Tyrone forward line of the past 10 years, a colossal, even though he wasnt the biggest. And I will never forget the image of him consoling Geezer after 2003, this was after he had just won his 1st all-ireland but was more concerned about other, a true legend

As for Jordan, he too was a fantastic footballer that was able to drive Tyrone forward , BUT I just cant have the man (and before anyone starts a tirade, I have spoken and listened to many a Tyrone person who have the same view).

Tyrone have plenty of talent but replacing these 2 men, along with Dooher, will be a big ask. Well hopefully theyre not replaced by the start of the Championship next year!  ::)

Gaffer

Quote from: border rabbit on November 01, 2011, 09:05:43 PM
For what its worth, I have mixed emotions on these 2 men retiring. Brian McGuigan will always be 1 of my favourite footballers. His vision and all round passing and score taking was 2nd to none, he was the most vital vital part of the Tyrone forward line of the past 10 years, a colossal, even though he wasnt the biggest. And I will never forget the image of him consoling Geezer after 2003, this was after he had just won his 1st all-ireland but was more concerned about other, a true legend

As for Jordan, he too was a fantastic footballer that was able to drive Tyrone forward , BUT I just cant have the man (and before anyone starts a tirade, I have spoken and listened to many a Tyrone person who have the same view). Tyrone have plenty of talent but replacing these 2 men, along with Dooher, will be a big ask. Well hopefully theyre not replaced by the start of the Championship next year!  ::)

Don't know what that's about.

I never heard any Tyrone supporter saying anything but good about Jordan !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Club Rossa

I have a huge respect for Brian McGuigan,not only for his footballing skills but for the determination he showed in coming back from serious injuries.He suffered a leg break in Dromore which led to complications with his ankle which had to be operated on.
But the eye injury was more severe.He went to hell and back at that time and while doctors were concerned that he would lose the sight in his eye,Brian came back from it to play for Ardboe and Tyrone again.A true footballing genius and i am privileged to have seen him play and hopefully he gives us a few more years in the orange and blue.

new devil

As for Jordan, he too was a fantastic footballer that was able to drive Tyrone forward , BUT I just cant have the man (and before anyone starts a tirade, I have spoken and listened to many a Tyrone person who have the same view).

Tyrone have plenty of talent but replacing these 2 men, along with Dooher, will be a big ask. Well hopefully theyre not replaced by the start of the Championship next year!  ::)

???

Tommo2

Quote from: Gaffer on November 01, 2011, 11:41:53 PM

As for Jordan, he too was a fantastic footballer that was able to drive Tyrone forward , BUT I just cant have the man (and before anyone starts a tirade, I have spoken and listened to many a Tyrone person who have the same view). Tyrone have plenty of talent but replacing these 2 men, along with Dooher, will be a big ask. Well hopefully theyre not replaced by the start of the Championship next year!  ::)

To be fair, Jordan was an unbelieveable footballer, but it used to bug me alot when he dived to win free's and constant whinging to referee's. He didnt need to do it.

blewuporstuffed

two wonderful servants to tyrone over the last 10+ years.
as someone else has said, always did it on the big occasion.
although they might not have won the honor, for me they were the real man of the match winners in the 2003 (jordan) and 2005 (mcguigan) finals
I hope they get to enjoy a few more years with their clubs now before they pack it in.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Tommo2 on November 02, 2011, 09:21:44 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on November 01, 2011, 11:41:53 PM

To be fair, Jordan was an unbelieveable footballer, but it used to bug me alot when he dived to win free's and constant whinging to referee's. He didnt need to do it.

Have to agree two magnificent footballers but one had personality and the other did not - different folks and different strokes and all that i suppose!

Norf Tyrone

Ciaran Gourley has packed it in too! Suffered a lot from injury, and never really got a decent lash at it because of that. Very few of the 03 brigade left now!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

goal and a point

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2011, 07:52:44 AM
Ciaran Gourley has packed it in too! Suffered a lot from injury, and never really got a decent lash at it because of that. Very few of the 03 brigade left now!

Did he not pack in guring middle of last year anyway

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2011, 08:17:25 PM
Irreplaceable.

Peter Harte for McGuigan and Ronan McNabb for Jordan. Both very able replacements. Harte is already class and McNabb will get there.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: goal and a point on November 04, 2011, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2011, 07:52:44 AM

Did he not pack in guring middle of last year anyway

Think he did but he must have felt a bit left out - media attention wise! I wonder what way mugsy will announce it so as not be outdone by McGuigan & Jordan! Rocky style press conference?

Wee Roddy

Mulligan was in an establishment in Dungannon a few Sundays ago saying he was finished. Actually wondered myself how he would announce it. No doubt it will involve front page news on the Irish tabloids. "Mulligan in 7 in a bed shocker" or something like that!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 04, 2011, 01:57:40 PM
Mulligan was in an establishment in Dungannon a few Sundays ago saying he was finished. Actually wondered myself how he would announce it. No doubt it will involve front page news on the Irish tabloids. "Mulligan in 7 in a bed shocker" or something like that!

LOL - Heard he was wearing ugg boots with his jeans tucked into them there recently when working in the bar when a few of the kildress boys were in - think anytime the lads wanted a drink they would shout 'Uggsy... Uggsy!!' LMFAO!