Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthesystem

We seem to all get carried away about the awful decision by McCarron to send Murphy off that day. we forget that unfortunately Galballys opponents got the lions share of horrible decisions during that game. Had someone else refereed it, maybe we'd be talkin about a different final altogether??? Just saying.

But its great its over and as a neutral glad to see Murphys ban over turned cuz it was a horrible decision. I think Galbally will win the final. I fancied them evern without Murphy but this can only be a boost.

Norf Tyrone

I think if you read back Fintona never argued for or against the ref having a bad day out last time. I think his point is that the fella has reffed numerous games in the past, and this appears to be the first time that his game has been called into question.

Now if a Club had a player that had a bad game every hundred, that would be some player!

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

MR99

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 14, 2011, 04:45:58 PM
It hasn't been mentioned here yet as far as I see here, but it was sad to hear about the death of Drumragh stalwart Cathal McLaughlin yesterday. He's played a significant role in the club there now for many years especially in helping finally get the club a permanent home in the club's heartland of Clanabogan among other things. The club, as well as his family and friends, have lost a great character.

Very very sad to hear of Cathal's death,  real gentleman and a stalwart of Drumragh club.  His daughter Sinead was Tyrone ladies captain last year in the All-Ireland final and I would doubt if she ever played a game of football at any age without Cathal bing there to cheer her on, a sad sad day and I am glad to have had the pleasure of knowing him. 

On a side note I think Sinead is Dromore's physio so I think this would be a big blow for them leading up to the final next week.  Mary Queen of the Gael pray for his soul. 

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 14, 2011, 11:01:17 PM
I think if you read back Fintona never argued for or against the ref having a bad day out last time. I think his point is that the fella has reffed numerous games in the past, and this appears to be the first time that his game has been called into question.

Now if a Club had a player that had a bad game every hundred, that would be some player!

this wasnt the first time he had a bad game. hes had quite a few as Clarshack pointed out. hes just a bad referee through no fault of his own, going to draw a line under all the talk about him as its clearly what he would like. also heard unconfirmed reports tonight that Peter Canavan has announced that he is to step down from his Errigal Ciaran post at the end season.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Norf Tyrone

I wonder where wee Pete is heading?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

everymanaman

What are the odds on Mr McConnell getting the county final?

skeog

orangeman

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 14, 2011, 04:45:58 PM
It hasn't been mentioned here yet as far as I see here, but it was sad to hear about the death of Drumragh stalwart Cathal McLaughlin yesterday. He's played a significant role in the club there now for many years especially in helping finally get the club a permanent home in the club's heartland of Clanabogan among other things. The club, as well as his family and friends, have lost a great character.

+1.

Huge loss for his family, the club and county. RIP.

laceer

Quote from: everymanaman on October 15, 2011, 08:23:34 AM
What are the odds on Mr McConnell getting the county final?

He shouldn't even be let near a Scor county final

Up The Middle

According to reports in clonoe mcconnell has the final :'(
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 15, 2011, 11:18:25 AM

when will this be formally announced? surely he would destroy the possibility of the game being a spectacle  >:(
First on the field and last to leave

winghalfback

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on October 15, 2011, 01:45:28 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on October 15, 2011, 11:18:25 AM

when will this be formally announced? surely he would destroy the possibility of the game being a spectacle  >:(

Rumours are that McConnell is doing the Senior final

Dell

Hard to believe I am saying this but his performances this year in the few games I have seen have been good. The Stewartstown Galbally game and first Dromore Ardboe games were worst refereeing displays this year. Those two displays arguably could have resulted in the other team winning but that's why we watch. Also laughable that CCC can be so firm about Murphy when turning a blind eye to so much else this year.  As for the assessors the rule of thumb is if both teams are angry and the crowd is frustrated then you are sure the assessor will give a good report! Enough said!
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

new devil

Has a Kildress man i'm glad to see big Mickys got the red card overturned..shouldn't miss out on one of his clubs biggest days because of a little hitler....And Galbally will have no excuses when we beat them  :P..COME ON THE TONES

men in black

N Mhuire 0.03  Clonoe 0.01 halftime