Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Never thought I would see so many non Dromore people happy with them winning a championship match but a lot of people appear to be happy to see Omagh out. It is not their success which has created this dislike so what is it?

Tommo2

Quote from: twenty one yard free on October 09, 2011, 06:47:31 PM
only thing omagh can win is crying competitions

It's hard to have sympathy for Omagh. Wouldn't be Dromores biggest fan, but delighted to see Omgh bate.

Think it's because of their underage success a couple of yrs ago when they believed that was their Devine right to rule Tyrone football for the next 10 yrs.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 09, 2011, 09:28:21 PM
ExcellentDriver, it may be better to just either delete or amend the post in question so that the name in question is removed.

On the subject of referees, it's easy to slabber about them on an anonymous message board such as this. How many here (Gabriel excepted!) have went on referee's courses and taken on U14 and U16 games at competitive level? We allow players to have off days and bad performances but somehow we except referees to be perfect robots moulded on our own images. Newsflash - referees are human! And humans make mistakes. Some refs will make few mistakes, others will make more than average, and all of them have days where they weren't at their best and know it. Some refs can make huge howlers but are otherwise fine, while some make mistakes often in the smaller things. Some games are piss easy to referee if the two teams stick to the rules of the game free from cynicism, others are almost impossible to control. Many of us whinge when the ref gives a decision that doesn't go our way, but say nothing when it goes for us. If everyone expected perfection for the job you do, how many of us would hack it?

P.S. Mickey McCarron is a ref from my club. From what I heard the Galbally vs. Stewartstown game was not one of his best outings but until then I never heard many complaints about him and any game I've seen him referee has been OK without big incidents. Himself and our other main referee, Pat McAtee, only started grabbing the whistle a few years ago but both men rose quickly through the ranks and both of them are also dual refs who did both adult hurling county finals this year.

Ah give over everybody is entitled to their opinion
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Christmas Lights

Congrats to Dromore on reaching the final today.  A lot of people I was speaking to fancied Omagh for some reason  :-\
I never had a doubt myself that Dromore would defeat Omagh today.  Colly McCullaugh and Ricey are probably the two best club players in Tyrone so its a hell of a start to any team! 

Clonoe vs Dromore should be another barnstormer of a game.  I couldn't call that one!! 

Also, any reports of the intemediate reserve final before the Omagh / Dromore game today as I missed it but a few people where saying it was a very good game?  I see their is a right few Kildress posters here so maybe they can enlighten us.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 09, 2011, 10:01:52 PM
Congrats to Dromore on reaching the final today.  A lot of people I was speaking to fancied Omagh for some reason  :-\
I never had a doubt myself that Dromore would defeat Omagh today.  Colly McCullaugh and Ricey are probably the two best club players in Tyrone so its a hell of a start to any team! 

Clonoe vs Dromore should be another barnstormer of a game.  I couldn't call that one!! 

Also, any reports of the intemediate reserve final before the Omagh / Dromore game today as I missed it but a few people where saying it was a very good game?  I see their is a right few Kildress posters here so maybe they can enlighten us.

Did a pound bet (big spender :D) 9 up and put Omagh in also, dicks lost well today, all that crap about being a great team swayed me. Even backed Clonoe minus 5 ah well always next week
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PatrickWhack

Pig- Grunt- Kildress-

[/quote]

Norf Tyrone

Who was the Dromore number 6? Some fine scores there.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

maco

Dromore number 6 was Niall Sludden.

Quarterback

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 09, 2011, 09:28:21 PM
ExcellentDriver, it may be better to just either delete or amend the post in question so that the name in question is removed.

On the subject of referees, it's easy to slabber about them on an anonymous message board such as this. How many here (Gabriel excepted!) have went on referee's courses and taken on U14 and U16 games at competitive level? We allow players to have off days and bad performances but somehow we except referees to be perfect robots moulded on our own images. Newsflash - referees are human! And humans make mistakes. Some refs will make few mistakes, others will make more than average, and all of them have days where they weren't at their best and know it. Some refs can make huge howlers but are otherwise fine, while some make mistakes often in the smaller things. Some games are piss easy to referee if the two teams stick to the rules of the game free from cynicism, others are almost impossible to control. Many of us whinge when the ref gives a decision that doesn't go our way, but say nothing when it goes for us. If everyone expected perfection for the job you do, how many of us would hack it?

P.S. Mickey McCarron is a ref from my club. From what I heard the Galbally vs. Stewartstown game was not one of his best outings but until then I never heard many complaints about him and any game I've seen him referee has been OK without big incidents. Himself and our other main referee, Pat McAtee, only started grabbing the whistle a few years ago but both men rose quickly through the ranks and both of them are also dual refs who did both adult hurling county finals this year.

The two men you have mentioned have been poor over the past year.  Is it true that Mc Carron has never actually played football?  Mc Carrorns preformance in the semi final Galbally v Stewartstown was shambolic.  He sends off the keeper for wasting time yet the actual time he wasted himself running to linesmen and Umpires killed of what was a great game in the first half...  Mc Atees preformance in the Reserve Championship game Galbally v Gortin wasnt much better...   In both circumstances its not a case of whinging.  Its a case of consistant stupid decisions where common sense is not used and the game not allowed to flow..  Look at the all ireland final this year...There was no persistant stoppages,  no yellow cards every other munite.....Its not happening at the top level so why is it destroying club football in tyrone...!

Jerome Mc Elroy is to referee the Intermediate Championship Final next Sunday

bustsummoves

Dromore layed the grounds for this performance after a tough battle with Ardboe.

McCusker was unmarkable, why mickey harte is not going running after this man is beyond me.

McCarron put Ronan O'Neill in his pocket. Talk about doing a man marking job, beating young o neill time and time again out to balls. Class.

Ricey +  Mccullagh as its said on a post above, best 2 club footballers this last 6 or 7 years.

There is nothing won yet tho and the real test will lie awaiting in 2 weeks time.

laceer

Quote from: barelegs on October 09, 2011, 01:44:18 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, if it is apologies. It appears there was a bit of controversy in the Killyman Strabane game. Eugene McConnell (who else) awarding a stoppage time penalty to Strabane to allow them to win 2-9 to 0-14. Unsurprisingly the Killyman folk didn't agree with the decision that ultimately relegated them. Anyone at the match?

Good, hard, clean game of football. Two yellow cards the whole match and that p***k McConnell gives a penalty for a foot block in injury time when the Strabane man took a shot and it hit our full back's leg. If there isn't controversy in a match he will create some. Why is it that the majority of matches he referees in end up with people talking about his performance rather than the match itself?

The Strabane captain and the county chairman openly admitted after the match that it was never even close to a penalty.

McConnell is a self important p***k - he may do a lot of work off the field but that is where he should stay with his f**king clipboard. Why should lads struggle all year to have their season decided by his incompetency/need to be in the spotlight?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: PatrickWhack on October 09, 2011, 11:25:55 PM
Pig- Grunt- Kildress-

[/quote]

what does this mean?

Sanchez

Can anyone tell me what has happened the Moy? A club with3 county players including a former player of the year and a multiple all star as well as a former county player and they cant stay in the first division? Is the problem with the manager or is it simply a very badly run club more interested in fund raising than football?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Sanchez on October 10, 2011, 10:18:50 AM
Can anyone tell me what has happened the Moy? A club with3 county players including a former player of the year and a multiple all star as well as a former county player and they cant stay in the first division? Is the problem with the manager or is it simply a very badly run club more interested in fund raising than football?

Thats rich coming from somebody from Dungannon!!!  sort your own house out before you worry about somebody elses :D
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 09, 2011, 10:01:52 PM

Exciting finish for a big crowd gathered for the senior game. Gortin equalised with last kick. - good score. How Gortin only got one man lined at the end is a mystery. Sean Quinn Clitheroe was doing the line and i think he saved kevin mccullagh a red card after a headbutt that everyone seen after 15mins of the game. Ref was on his way to mccullagh to deal with it and clitheroe intervened then issued a YELLOW!. Ciaran McGarvey must have struck 3 or 4 times throughout the game and seemed to get ticked 3/4 times. At the finish up he busted a kildress player off the ball in front of sean quinn again - he ignored it! Should be an interesting replay - i'd say a draw was probably a fair result but think the Tones will take them the next day!