aChairde

Quote from: littleoak on October 03, 2011, 10:41:12 PM
Quote from: wheres he takin er from on October 03, 2011, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: littleoak on October 03, 2011, 06:23:22 PM
Quote from: aChairde on October 03, 2011, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: bustsummoves on October 03, 2011, 02:32:10 PM
Senior Championship Weekend !

Lets get the ball rolling.

One big game this weekend. Omagh v Dromore. Lets hear views on the game and the outcome.

Clonoe game will be an easy victory to them in my eyes.

I agree, I genuinely dont see anything other than a very comfortable win for Clonoe

The other game is quite the opposite though. Before the QF I would certainly have fancied Dromore in this fixture but Omagh in form with the quality players they have will take some beating. Im still going to say Dromore by very little. They will shackle O'Neill and the Omagh forwards a lot better than the Blues managed to and will have the upper hand physically.
I Agree clonoe have to be red hot favourites but having played against Derryloughan earlier in year I can tell you their forwards pace are scary and if they get enough ball they will cause damage.
Cant see them winning but may be alot closer than most imagine!

you see boys and girls, its taken a Derry man to point out that this is by no means a foregone conclusion. we will be favourites, but the slightest complacency in our team and/or a couple of lucky breaks and we'll be gone
hope so , hope the underdog comes through as that Cassidy is an arrogant Pri#k no disrespect to the clonoe lads.
Derryloughen do have a number of very quick forwards and would be dangerous in a wide open game. I can understand that Clonoe supporters will be wary of complacency but I think Cassidy is far too shrude for that and Clonoes style of play which involves defending in numbers and breaking quick will snuff out the pace Derryloughen have and will expose derryloughen's very average defence. Clonoe also hold a huge advantage around the middle. I could be wrong but think it will be an extremely comfortable win for them.

I know nothing of Cassidy as a man but from what I hear he is a brilliant manager and am sure thats all that matters to the Clonoe faithful.

bustsummoves

Clonoe will have to keep their guard up but as far as i can see it should be to easy for them.

Dromore v Omagh game.
Big joe had an accident this morning but I belive all is well. Should be a good game. I think this one could be won in defence and I would have to fancy Dromores to cope with omaghs forward line.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Hashtag on October 04, 2011, 10:56:23 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 04, 2011, 09:47:35 AM
Quote from: Quarterback on October 03, 2011, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: cearrbhach on October 02, 2011, 08:53:24 PM
Disappointed that Galbally and Kildress are in the Intermediate final.  Its the local equivalent of Donegal v Dublin AI semi final this year - a real war of attrition.  Both teams are well organised but ultimately struggled in senior football last year (Yes, a highly credible run by the Tones to the SFC semi last year - but think Moortown and Derrylaughan this year and you know what i mean).  I think Galbally will just about prevail - is their name on the trophy this year? certainly after yesterday's circus at Coalisland and previously against Rock they have got dubious enough scores and decisions at vital periods.  Kildress haven't enough of a scoring threat as was shown in the second half against the lough earlier today.  As for Derrytresk and Killeeshil, two of the best sides at Junior level in 2011 will perhaps serve up a better game than the Intermediate counterpart, i think any hint of complacency by the St. Mary's will result in a Hill success with the good squad they have - but i think Killeeshil may be too strong for them.

Quite ridicilous comment this I feel.  Galballys 1st half display on saturday was as good a half of football as ive seen all year.  Albiet the Stewartstown back line looked a bit out of their depth the scores still had to be put on the board.  The second half was possibly the worst half of football ive watched in my life!  I cant understand all the changes in refereeing.  They say its coming from croke park but if you watch senior intercounty games the referees arent stopping matches half as much as what they are in club games.  The time wasted by the referee was incredible and some of his decisions were ridicilous!  Im looking forward to the final now, kildress are a tough team to break down.  Martin grimes should be back fit and when he plays he is the heartbeat of the team.  Galbally on the other hand may have to fieild without Micky Murphy which for them would be a massive blow as he is the heartbeat of their team.  On the balance I thinks its kildresses to lose

Martin Grimes is definitely out - done ligaments in the knee and was ruled out for 3 months - big loss.
Having watched and monitored both championship runs I would have to install Galballly as favourites!
Also is the blue and white bunting up at the Galbally field already their for the homecoming??  ;)

Kildress reserves played well last night to reach their championship final. Possibility of Kildress v Galbally in it too!!!

I think Galbally will win the final as well. More belief than Kildress. I mean you are one of their 'fans' but are constantly running down the teams chances. #belief

I never once said that Kildress are definitely going to lose! All I was commenting on was the fact that i feel galbally are going to be favourites after seeing both semi-finals.
I know a few of the boys and from what i know of them they will have plenty of belief.

ceol agus peil

Tyrone minor hurling champioship in Omagh   Carrickmore 1.5 Dungannon1.2 .
Sent from my iphone

barelegs

Quote from: ceol agus peil on October 04, 2011, 07:59:18 PM
Tyrone minor hurling champioship in Omagh   Carrickmore 1.5 Dungannon1.2 .

Dungannon won the match in the end 3-12 to 2-7

aChairde

With the way games are being refereed at the minute (dominated by the card hungry assessor) would anyone like to take a shot at guessing the card counts for the two senior semis as both are derby games??? Any word on who has got the 2 games??

KIDDO 4

Cathal O Hagan for Dromore v Omagh.

blackball

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on October 05, 2011, 11:12:41 AM
Cathal O Hagan for Dromore v Omagh.

Holy ghost how did he get another game after what he done on Ardboe. He must be sent to make sure dromore win another game they dont deserve.

Dell

Jerome McElroy sat game sun game Cathal O'Hagan Clonoe and Dromore the happier of the teams I would imagine
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

bustsummoves

And tell me how did Dromore not deserve to beat Arboe. You must not of being at the game or you may run down to specsavers and get yourself a pair of specks mate

Norf Tyrone

Where did big Joe have the crash? He was coaching in Strabane on Monday night.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blackball

Quote from: bustsummoves on October 05, 2011, 11:19:41 AM
And tell me how did Dromore not deserve to beat Arboe. You must not of being at the game or you may run down to specsavers and get yourself a pair of specks mate
I am taking about the first drawn game when dromore should have been knocked out after the referee played 9 minutes injury time to let dromore come back for the draw. So they didnt deserve the replay and therefore did not deserve to win!

Man Marker

Quote from: aChairde on October 05, 2011, 09:51:02 AM
With the way games are being refereed at the minute (dominated by the card hungry assessor) would anyone like to take a shot at guessing the card counts for the two senior semis as both are derby games??? Any word on who has got the 2 games??

Depending on the conditions, if its wet I'll go for 21 covering both games, that number inculdes double yellow.

MR99

Quote from: blackball on October 05, 2011, 12:31:07 PM
I am taking about the first drawn game when dromore should have been knocked out after the referee played 9 minutes injury time to let dromore come back for the draw. So they didnt deserve the replay and therefore did not deserve to win!
Delusion comes to mind, not a neutral at that game that didn't think the 8 minutes should have been played.

Dromore mates are telling me that Dromore are livid about O'Hagan reffing this game, they feel they are always hard done by by him, had him 3 times already this year and haven't won one of those games, they aren't impressed by the appointment.  He gave out too many yellows for nothing in the Ardboe game early on and left himself with no option but to line Fabian O'Neill and Frank when neither deserved to go.  They say that O'Hagan will fall for Ronan O'Neill and Cathal McCarron's (Omagh's cathal) diving every time.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: MR99 on October 05, 2011, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: blackball on October 05, 2011, 12:31:07 PM
Delusion comes to mind, not a neutral at that game that didn't think the 8 minutes should have been played.

Dromore mates are telling me that Dromore are livid about O'Hagan reffing this game, they feel they are always hard done by by him, had him 3 times already this year and haven't won one of those games, they aren't impressed by the appointment.  He gave out too many yellows for nothing in the Ardboe game early on and left himself with no option but to line Fabian O'Neill and Frank when neither deserved to go.  They say that O'Hagan will fall for Ronan O'Neill and Cathal McCarron's (Omagh's cathal) diving every time.
The free at the end was actually warded in about the 5th minute of added time, but there was so much pissing about and other shananigins that it was the 38/39th min before he actually took it.
i dont think you caould say he really played 9 minutes of added time
the ref got plenty wrong on the night,but i wouldnt say his timekeeping was one of them
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either