Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backofthehand

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 26, 2011, 01:38:45 PM
I would say there wasnt to many outside of Dromore who were sorry to see Ward getting filled!
I think alot of people are being sore on Gormley. He is the target for a serious amount of abuse himself.
Congrats to Clonoe. They used the bench alot wiser than we did. Ciaran McAleer and Mark Donnely couldnt even run in extra time but were kept on the field. Credit to both sets of players for serving up such an enjoyable match, despite Fergal Dalys attempts to ruin the match.
I would say they are probably the two best defences in Tyrone but both teams are missing that 1 forward who would get 5-6 points from play in a game
Would say Ward deserved the lever, but what he or any other player for that matter does not deserve is to get kicked on the ground after he has been felled.

Wee Roddy

What is the need for all the assessing? you had a linesman who clearly fingered the wrong man for an offence in the 1st half who is high up in deciding who gets games. other counties do not have the same problem with officials

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 26, 2011, 01:45:49 PM
Refereeing in Tyrone is being destroyed by these bloody assessors.Ref's are under serious pressure to do things by the book which results in performances like Cathal O'Hagan's in the Ardboe Dromore game and Fergal Daly's yesterday.

Stephen McNamee had a great game in last years Clonoe Coalisland game but didn't get another senior cship game after it due to his low rating.People are sick of it and it's ruining the game.
completely agree
i would like to see the stas for games when the refs are being assessed and games when they are not.i'd say there would be some difference in the card count.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bustsummoves

Mickey Coleman is a big man hitting a player than cannot strike back.

Cowardly act if you ask me.

Dromores defence is the best in tyrone, Ricey and McCarron are playing sublime football and there forward unit is very dangerous.

Team to beat.

tyrone86

Quote from: sheamy on September 26, 2011, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 25, 2011, 08:24:34 PM
Clonoe v Derrylaughan
Omagh v Dromore

I think.

Are the four managers from Derry clubs?

Aye

Cassidy v Ronan McGuckin
Crozier v Paul McIver

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Gaffer on September 26, 2011, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 26, 2011, 10:59:57 AM
If Omagh play like they did in Pomeroy can't see anyone stopping them!!!

They conceded troo much against a poor Coalisland though. Could be thier downfall !!

I think they conceded so much because they took the foot of the pedal - they were cruising when they wanted to.
Think the Fianna players let themselves down a bag full, Young O'hagan carried on badly and I think if i'm correct the ould boy went straight to the ref to shake hands and then straight to the umpire to shake hands as the cub had spent 2-3 mins shouting millimetres into his face! Ending up in a red!
Some of the stuff the supporters where coming out with to the officials and their own players was unbelievable!

aChairde

The championship is very well set up now. Dromore and Omagh both are showing some great form and if the weather holds up that could be an absolute cracker. The winners will in my opinion be facing a Clonoe who will cruise past Derrylaughen.  Derrylaughen have done well to beat two teams in or around their own level but simply wont be able to match an extremely well balanced Clonoe side. I genuinely don't see any glarring weaknesses in their team. Think Clonoe will win it (much as it pains me to say it with their arrogent approach) and I just hope Derrylaughen can leave the field in that semi without being completely humiliated.

eddie d

when and where are the semi finals at?

Moortown Spuds

As much as I admire their win at all costs attitude this screaming in opposition players' faces after a score is poor form. When Ward does it, it takes a big man not to react. He is a walking talking liability to what is a great St.Dympna's outfit. Why does he constantly need to do it-the game was done-time was up and their passage to the semi final was gauranteed. He let himself down again and to summarise he is a clown.

Coleman took the bait and continued taking the bait when mouthing at Dromore followers in the crowd. Im sure there will be a single released about it in time, available for download through itunes and played every Monday night to us all in the Hatfield.

Up The Middle

Quote from: aChairde on September 26, 2011, 03:19:56 PM
The championship is very well set up now. Dromore and Omagh both are showing some great form and if the weather holds up that could be an absolute cracker. The winners will in my opinion be facing a Clonoe who will cruise past Derrylaughen.  Derrylaughen have done well to beat two teams in or around their own level but simply wont be able to match an extremely well balanced Clonoe side. I genuinely don't see any glarring weaknesses in their team. Think Clonoe will win it (much as it pains me to say it with their arrogent approach) and I just hope Derrylaughen can leave the field in that semi without being completely humiliated.

Where are you getting this arrogant approach from?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

winghalfback

Quote from: aChairde on September 26, 2011, 03:19:56 PM

Can you explain the arrogant approach Clonoe have please as I have yet to see it.

downatthemidda

oz was lucky to stay on,agreed. but he was reacting to one of our players getting stood on whilst lying on the ground. no mention of that tho. as for gormley, everything he does in a tyrone jersey is fine,but when he pulls on a carmen jersey he is "cynical" etc etc. he is no worse or no better than a hell of alot of players round tyrone. get off his case. the usual anti carmen brown. good luck to clonoe they deserved their victory. we will be back.

Dell

Two great games but still wonder how Ardboe with the players at hand can't seem to get it together. Dromore while missing a midfielder and having one or two players out of position are a better TEAM now than they were when they won their last championship. You can criticise them for being cynical at times but their work rate and teamwork at times were amazing in terrible conditions. Even with McCusker quieter than normal they withstood everything Ardboe threw and could hit on the counter attack. It pains me to say it but they know how and what to do to get over the line. What was story with Carmen subs yesterday Daily off and two men on who couldn't walk at the finish? Where was McGarrity he came on the last night? Has Curly hung them up as well?
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Wee Roddy

I agree Dell. The 2 Dalys should not have been taken off or Paul Hughes, but the line has to try things to change games. If Gormley had off nailed the chance at the end then we would be saying the line got it spot on with Finbar Magil coming in at the right time.
McGarrity in fairness got his chance the last day and it appeared the occasion got to him. Curly opted for a bit of Thirds football, and at his time of day he probably wouldnt have made a difference by  the way the thirds robbed us of him and probably James Nugent and Jonathan Monroe.

Shadylimp

Quote from: bustsummoves on September 26, 2011, 02:49:12 PM
Mickey Coleman is a big man hitting a player than cannot strike back.

Cowardly act if you ask me.

Dromores defence is the best in tyrone, Ricey and McCarron are playing sublime football and there forward unit is very dangerous.

Team to beat.
You're obviously not that big of an ardboe man if your defending peter ward. The man bounced into colemans face and expected nothing in return?? Catch yourself on you idiot. Ward deserved everything he got and more. Fair play to coleman if you ask me. Coleman didn't even do anything to ward in the first place. Overdue that hiding if you ask me.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'