Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downatthemidda

gutted. but the 2 best teams won on the day,no doubt about that. is there any stands in east tyrone i wonder....county board fks up again. wats new?

healypark

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 24, 2011, 11:47:27 PM
Beware Omagh-they will be unloading the extra friends, flags  and cuddly toys for the semi final. Heaven help Dromore/Ardboe. Imagine the crescendo and outpourings of fanmania from the St Enda's facebook site if they make the final ;D
Rocky you have a fascination with this site alright. Most frequent browser. Have to admit omagh had fab support in numbers up at the game. Seen a few of your fellow sarsfields ones up at the game. For the semi final run up sure become a friend of the St Enda's facebook site ;) There's a number of sarsfields already friends  ;D

loughshore lad

Congratulations to Dromore, better team on the day in Edendork.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Congrats to Clonoe. Better team over the two games. Carmen were living off scraps for large periods, didn't take their chances and still almost stole it towards the end of full time. But we never led once over the two games and the Rahilly's forwards were that bit more clinical. Disappointed, soaked through to my underpants, but that's the championship for ye...

The extra-time threw up a bit of a curiosity. One team finished full-time with 14 players, having a player sent off but go back to 15 for ET for a 'new' game. Player from other team sent off early in 1st half ET after picking up a 2nd yellow with 1st carried over from normal time. Not complaining here about the game today, just curious the thinking behind the rule.

Doesn't seem to make sense that the red card doesn't carry over into extra time, but the yellows do. If they reinstate teams to 15 players for ET, should they not wipe the slate clean altogether?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

tyroneboi

How many yellow cards were issued in the carmen-clonoe game just out of interest?? Thought the ref had a poor game! Having seen the 3 games this weekend Omagh are the team to beat.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on September 25, 2011, 10:57:09 PM
Congrats to Clonoe. Better team over the two games. Carmen were living off scraps for large periods, didn't take their chances and still almost stole it towards the end of full time. But we never led once over the two games and the Rahilly's forwards were that bit more clinical. Disappointed, soaked through to my underpants, but that's the championship for ye...

The extra-time threw up a bit of a curiosity. One team finished full-time with 14 players, having a player sent off but go back to 15 for ET for a 'new' game. Player from other team sent off early in 1st half ET after picking up a 2nd yellow with 1st carried over from normal time. Not complaining here about the game today, just curious the thinking behind the rule.

Doesn't seem to make sense that the red card doesn't carry over into extra time, but the yellows do. If they reinstate teams to 15 players for ET, should they not wipe the slate clean altogether?

cant get my head round that one either. Colly Donnelly could have come on in extra time with a clean slate. cant understand how other players continued on yellows. ref might have got that one wrong. he was handing out cars for fun, and it wasnt even a dirty game but managed to dismiss 4 or 5 players in twenty minutes of extra time. would be interested to see the overall yellow count myself. Irony is he'll prob get a really good report for issuing so many so could be in line to get a semi
First on the field and last to leave

trileacman

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on September 25, 2011, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 25, 2011, 08:20:23 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 25, 2011, 08:04:11 PM
I think the one team Derrylaughan wanted was Clonoe. A parish derby can result in matches which don't follow the rulebook.

With the O'Rahilly's, Kevin Barry's and Hill all preparing for the semis it's exciting times in the lowlands.

What is the draw?
Hope Clonoe get the cup, I really do.

Is there sarcasm in this comment or are ye just mad keen that dromore don't?

No even if it was a Omagh v clonoe final I would want Clonoe to win and win well.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

men in black

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on September 25, 2011, 11:56:02 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on September 25, 2011, 10:57:09 PM

cant get my head round that one either. Colly Donnelly could have come on in extra time with a clean slate. cant understand how other players continued on yellows. ref might have got that one wrong. he was handing out cars for fun, and it wasnt even a dirty game but managed to dismiss 4 or 5 players in twenty minutes of extra time. would be interested to see the overall yellow count myself. Irony is he'll prob get a really good report for issuing so many so could be in line to get a semi

The second game suffered as a result of the conditions. Pitch looked in bad shape so fair play to both teams in giving the game that we got.

winghalfback

Quote from: downatthemidda on September 25, 2011, 09:36:21 PM
gutted. but the 2 best teams won on the day,no doubt about that. is there any stands in east tyrone i wonder....county board fks up again. wats new?

Clonoe showed more balls and determination and in the end thats what won through great championshp football today

Club Rossa

O'Neill i was standing beside a group of 7 or 8 Derrylaughan players and i can assure you they weren't looking Clonoe to win!

ExcellentDriver

I've always said before the Start of the Year that Omagh will win the Championship and I'm sticking by that estimation.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Club Rossa

Fancied Clonoe myself and i haven't seen anything to change my mind on that.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Great night at the club last night. A serious battle over two games and extra time with Carrickmore after 150 minutes of championship football in very difficult underfoot conditions. I felt we were the better team in the first game and certainly proved to be the better team in extra time yesterday, a strong bench certainly made a difference. Referreeing would make you sick. And I'm sure Carrickmore like ourselves would wonder what the foot was the amount of double yellows and sendings offs are about. Full respect to Carmen, two committed teams.

On a seperate note, the great Brian Dooher has retired, thnaks for so many great days, and tremendous football, you made my life a better place to be, in those great years.

EC Unique

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 26, 2011, 09:06:12 AM
I've always said before the Start of the Year that Omagh will win the Championship and I'm sticking by that estimation.

Said Omagh myself and still fancy them.