Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Zapatista on November 16, 2007, 07:59:41 AM
Thank you. I take it it's O'Neill as in the O'Neill County?

The Cup first appeared in 1927, in the last year of the tenure of Cookstown man Joseph O'Neill as County Chairman (1923-27), having been first raised/discussed in 1925, and having been delivered to the county in 1926 from the makers, Messrs. Hopkins and Hopkins, Dublin. I would therefore take it that it was so named in honour of the County Chairman, under whose stewardship it was introduced, but would not be 100% sure about it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Tomorrow night KIDDO at 8.15pm, after the U21 Championship game between Greencastle and Derrytresk. It's part of the celebrations of the club's 75th Anniversary.

On Wednesday, a plaque was was unavailed at the Church's old hall, which marks the spot of the first meeting of Erin Hopes on 14th November 1932.
Testing Accessibility

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: ziggysego on November 16, 2007, 08:42:37 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 16, 2007, 08:10:01 PM
Any Greencastle posters confirm the rumour that Sean Teague has stepped down as manager  :o

I thought he would have been there until Greencastle told him that he was no longer required.  Has done great things in his 2 years in charge and has really bolstered his mangerial profile.  If this is true i can only assume that some of the big guns in division 1 have requested his services.

That's bolloxs DD12. Don't know where that rumour said from. I can confirm that although the AGM hasn't been held yet, he'll be around for the 2008-2009 season.

Didnt really believe it either Ziggy but it seems to have come from a pretty reliable source, although im sure it would be hot news in greencastle if there was such rumours.  Could be a wind up as Sean Teague eats & sleeps Greencastle and from what i hear he has a burning ambition to get the club back to senior football.  Although I can see why this rumour would have started as im sure many a club team would jump at the chance to have Sean Teague as their manager and im sure many D1 teams would be enquiring if he where available.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 16, 2007, 10:24:52 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 16, 2007, 08:42:37 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 16, 2007, 08:10:01 PM
Any Greencastle posters confirm the rumour that Sean Teague has stepped down as manager  :o

I thought he would have been there until Greencastle told him that he was no longer required.  Has done great things in his 2 years in charge and has really bolstered his mangerial profile.  If this is true i can only assume that some of the big guns in division 1 have requested his services.

That's bolloxs DD12. Don't know where that rumour said from. I can confirm that although the AGM hasn't been held yet, he'll be around for the 2008-2009 season.

Didnt really believe it either Ziggy but it seems to have come from a pretty reliable source, although im sure it would be hot news in greencastle if there was such rumours.  Could be a wind up as Sean Teague eats & sleeps Greencastle and from what i hear he has a burning ambition to get the club back to senior football.  Although I can see why this rumour would have started as im sure many a club team would jump at the chance to have Sean Teague as their manager and im sure many D1 teams would be enquiring if he where available.

The same rumours ran around the place after Greencastle won the All-Ireland. Sean had taken them to an All-Ireland and was now moving to Division 1 teams. Errigal and Loughmacrory were two of the teams I heard that he had "definately" moved to.

Testing Accessibility

endaman

Quote from: goal and a point on November 16, 2007, 10:26:22 AM
Is keenan omaghs new manager - heard that last night
Has been asked but not confirmed. His own club Gortin have aslo asked him and he is meeting with some of the players before he makes a decision. Is 'considering it'. Also was with newtown and they think they can get him to stay

orangeman

We're now officially in SILLY SEASON regarding managers - speculation about who might be manager, who is going to be and who definitely is manager and usually it's a load of shite !

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

KIDDO

Brackaville 1.11, Tattyreagh1.14, junior league , this afternoon.

ziggysego

U21 Championship. Greencastle 0.10 Derrytresk 0.08
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Congratulations to Gemma Begley on her all star - well deserved.

ziggysego

Congratulations Gemma on your All Star.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Congratulations to the Rock in today's Ulster Junior Club game at Clones.
Testing Accessibility

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: ziggysego on November 18, 2007, 02:13:16 PM

Was this the semi final match??  If so who are there possible opponents in the final??
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 18, 2007, 02:25:54 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 18, 2007, 02:13:16 PM

Was this the semi final match??  If so who are there possible opponents in the final??

Yes it was the Ulster Junior Club Semi-Final. The other side of the draw was Aughnamullan v Naomh Mhuire, Lower Rosses at Omagh today. Didn't hear the results of it.

Hard luck to Dromore today in the Ulster Senior Club Semi-Final against Crossmaglen at Clones. They played their hearts out and give everything they hard. Tyrone is proud the Dromore today.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Hard luck to Dromore - it sounds as if they could and should have won it - but they pushed the AI champs all the way and can be proud of their season so far.