Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I admit I know little about it ONeill, but it sounds more like Brockagh are unwilling to field a team as there's nothing in it for them now, rather than can't field a team.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on November 01, 2007, 07:38:21 PM
I admit I know little about it ONeill, but it sounds more like Brockagh are unwilling to field a team as there's nothing in it for them now, rather than can't field a team.

But that's what i mean. That would never have happened 10-15 years ago, even when at the bottom of division 3.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2007, 07:39:19 PM
But that's what i mean. That would never have happened 10-15 years ago, even when at the bottom of division 3.

Sorry, operating on only 3 1/2 hrs sleep from last night.

It's disappointing to say the least. It's not nice to see, but sure what can be done?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2007, 07:40:54 PM
They are all into this "Tractor Diffing" these days.

What's that? Some new-fangled approach?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

if we had have taken the attitude of some teams we would have packed it in around june/july. however we stuck at it and were competiitve right to the end which i believe will stand to us for next year

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Teams not fielding is a serious problem IMHO. You'd be very fecked off if you were competing for the league, promotion etc and your rivals picked up a handy 2 points for a WO.

The 3 divisions of 16 with no play-offs will add to this problem. I believe that the only way to solve this problem is have a moderate play off system as I have harked about earlier.

Example
Third last team in division 2 v Team 4th in division 3
Runners up in div 3 v Third place in div 3.

Followed by a final.

League winners, and championship winners go up as normal.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 01, 2007, 08:27:19 PM
Teams not fielding is a serious problem IMHO. You'd be very fecked off if you were competing for the league, promotion etc and your rivals picked up a handy 2 points for a WO.

Tell me about it >:(

Ah well, what's done is done. Always next year...
Testing Accessibility

healypark

Quote from: snappiered on November 01, 2007, 08:47:11 AM
Who would yous prefer to play Healy Park?
snap - whoever loses the playoff on Sunday! ;) As before, don't care just as long as we win our last game. Re soccer bit of an issue this year. Hopefully can be sorted in the off season. Trillick & Lough will be favouities imo. Both won 12 & 11 games out of their last 15. Omagh & Killeshill won 5 combined out of 44 games.  

seamusthebard

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2007, 07:40:54 PM
They are all into this "Tractor Diffing" these days.
Apparently the whole new rage along the loughshore. Creagh Concrete are sponsoring it next year.

tyrone exile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAr9E8i3ng

thats a bit more like what boys from the loughshore would be doing ;D

Bensars

Any team that cannot field ( or decides not to ) should IMO opinion be fined heavily and  docked two points at the start of the next season.

If teams were starting on negitive points at the start of the league campaign there would'nt be too many walkovers.

Alternatively games like this that have an outcome, and are known in advance to be a walkover, should be postponed at the very least and played at the next earliest oppurtunity. These games have implications for other clubs in the relegation/promotion battle

orangeman

I think it's coming to stage nearly where some teams will have to join together in order to compete ? Any thoughts ?

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on November 01, 2007, 10:23:13 PM
I think it's coming to stage nearly where some teams will have to join together in order to compete ? Any thoughts ?

I agree with you Orangeman that it's likely to go down that road over the next 10 years. I would think the teams in the most immediate danger are the amalgamations at youth level - Naomh Mhuire and Michael Cusack's. In terms of reserve teams Killyman and Dregish in particular have struggled for the last couple of years and their pick seems to be continuing to decrease. Whilst you can be sure both clubs will continue to fight it, they seem to be going the way of Dunamanagh before they joined with Aughabrack.

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2007, 07:45:26 PM
Is there not a fine for teams who don't field?
I may have dreamt this but I think I heard of a team getting a £300 (?) fine.

From memory it was a token £50 fine, but I think that was for not fielding and not giving an indication you wouldn't field. It used to be if you let the old GAC know in time to cancel the referee you'd avoid the fine - I'm not 100% sure of the procedures this year.

orangeman

I'm sure this present CCC have dreamt up ways of increasing the revenue stream - £ 50 wouldn't go very far now !!!