Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: orangeman on November 01, 2007, 10:23:13 PM
I think it's coming to stage nearly where some teams will have to join together in order to compete ? Any thoughts ?

i reckon it will happen OK. dregish will have to join with drumquin at senior level at some stage, brocagh with derrytresk etc. I can see problems with my own club in the future as despite the housing boom in recent years stewartstown must be the only place in ireland where a new house has hardly been built. if this continues to be the case players will dry up and we could end up having to join with another club too. another problem of smaller clubs is that in trying to keep up with the bigger clubs they are maybe taking on club developments that are way too big for them and these clubs could 'implode'.

orangeman

Any dream combinations ?

Clonoe and Coalisland ?
Moy and Eglish ?
Moortwon and Ardboe ?
Dungannon and Edendork ?
Cookstown and Kildress ?
Pomeroy and Carmen and the Lough ?
Omagh and Tattreagh ?
Trillick and Dromore ?
Who would join with Errigal and Co. ?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

clarshack

Quote from: ziggysego on November 02, 2007, 02:43:20 PM
Errigal and Carmen ;)

now that would be a 'super club'! although to be fair this problem is only going to apply to the small rural clubs. the new planning law if it stays in place will also affect rural club's numbers in the future.

Fear ón Srath Bán

It will be something of an outrage if Brocagh concede the last two games, which would make a mockery of the whole set-up, and the penalties levelled must be swingeing. Bensars is correct: the sanctions must carry over to next season, with points docked from the off, at the very least.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

snappiered

Quote from: orangeman on November 02, 2007, 02:38:09 PM
Any dream combinations ?

Clonoe and Coalisland ?
Moy and Eglish ?
Moortwon and Ardboe ?
Dungannon and Edendork ?
Cookstown and Kildress ?
Omagh and Tattreagh ?
Trillick and Dromore ?

Errigal is already an amalgimation club shir you wouldnt want any more joining with them!!!!!!

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 01, 2007, 08:27:19 PM
The 3 divisions of 16 with no play-offs will add to this problem.

I agree with Norf that the 3 divisions with 16 teams next year will only add to the spiralling problem of teams not fielding for near end season games.  Put it like this, if a team next year is sitting in mid table with about 4 or 5 games left and can neither get relegated nor promoted, what have they got to play for? (except pride of course)  They will be teams not Fielding, teams throwing points, teams looking points off teams who have nothing to play for..i expect a shambles and I'm a pretty optimistic kind of guy!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

clarshack

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 02, 2007, 02:52:34 PM
It will be something of an outrage if Brocagh concede the last two games, which would make a mockery of the whole set-up, and the penalties levelled must be swingeing. Bensars is correct: the sanctions must carry over to next season, with points docked from the off, at the very least.

it definitely isnt fair on the other teams especially on strabane as brocagh beat them very recently. as i was saying in a previous post stewartstown's season was effectively over in june but we kept playing for pride. dont think its too much to ask for a club to finish off their last 2 games.

orangeman

It's up to Brocagh to field or not field - players are all pissed off playing football in the winter - so let's not blame Brocagh - blame the people who have made such a bollox of the fixtures !

ziggysego

I fail to see how it can be the people who arranged the fixtures that are to blame for Brockagh not fielding.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: snappiered on November 02, 2007, 02:54:04 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 02, 2007, 02:38:09 PM
Any dream combinations ?

Clonoe and Coalisland ?
Moy and Eglish ?
Moortwon and Ardboe ?
Dungannon and Edendork ?
Cookstown and Kildress ?
Omagh and Tattreagh ?
Trillick and Dromore ?

Errigal is already an amalgimation club shir you wouldnt want any more joining with them!!!!!!

Explain ??? ???

snappiered

Well didnt there used to be two clubs in the Parish - Ballygawley and Glencull!!

hoopsaaa

Now thats a low dig there. Sure there used to be only one club in Carmen ;)

ballygawleyman

a carmen errigal combination. how great would that be if they were too play this team next year.

1. big uz/darren mccann
2. ciaran mccartan
3. cormac mcginley
4. colm mcgurk
5. davy harte
6. ciaran mcaleer
7. conor mcaleer
8. ciaran mcginley
9. connor gormley
10. gaby mccallan
11. kevin mcnally
12. enda mcginley
13. caolan tierney
14. daisy mcdermott
15. ronan mccrory

with subs being. john kelly, brian mullin, damian neill, ciaran fox, damian mcdermott, ronan mcnally, pascal canavan, mark loughran and mark harte. 24 man panel

ballygawleyman

the reason ive more carmen defenders is because i believe they have quality defence while errigal have a quality forward line.