Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

to be honest I think that Cookstown just wanted a game last weekend in order to prepare for championship semi final. Now they wont have played since their championship win over Edendork.

Redhandfan

Quote from: damiankelly on September 11, 2007, 05:48:19 PM
jesus the moy do sum cryin, their notes r actually comical

Not as comical as your spelling and posting on this board.  It is good to know the Moy notes are being read in as faraway places as Kildress.

By the way, was it yourself who wrote a recent letter of complaint to the Tyrone Times regarding the date of your championship game against Dromore.  I never read so much cryin, whingin and moanin in all my living days.

new devil

Quote from: damiankelly on September 11, 2007, 05:48:19 PM
jesus the moy do sum cryin, their notes r actually comical

Your one to be talking kelly!!

longball

Not taking anything away from Donaghmores great win  last fri night but after reading reports and looking at the errigal team there are a lot of players on it you wouldnt expect to be anywhere near the team> also it must be concerning that they still need players such as Packie Canavan, Hugh Qinn, Peter Loughran etc to put in big performances surly there is enough talent in the club to take their place! EC Unique what would Errigals strongest team be if everyone was fit??
My opinion 1. JD 2. Ronan McGinely 3. Cormac McGinley 4. Emmett McGinely  5. C McGinely 6. P Quinn 7. B Mullin 8. J Kelly 9.Edna McGinely 10. Ronan McCrory 11. Davy Harte  12. Mark Loughran  13. Peter 14. Daisy 15. C Tierny
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Wee Roddy

Jesus longball that team would not scare many. Damian Neill is a super corner back and would be on before any of the two McGinleys named. Damian McDermott who played last week is a fine player and would be on before any of the two McGinleys as well. 

Davy would be right half back which leaves no room for Ciaran McGinley in the defence, perhaps he would be better in the forwards.

That forward line looks serious light as well.

longball

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 13, 2007, 12:55:39 PM
Jesus longball that team would not scare many. Damian Neill is a super corner back and would be on before any of the two McGinleys named. Damian McDermott who played last week is a fine player and would be on before any of the two McGinleys as well. 

Davy would be right half back which leaves no room for Ciaran McGinley in the defence, perhaps he would be better in the forwards.

That forward line looks serious light as well.

what would ur team be wee Roddy? do u think Errigal Ciaran are on the decline?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

Errigal are not on the decline - getting beat in a semi final when they had about a third/ half of the team missing is no great shame - next year when they have everybody back etc and have decided who their best team is, they will again be hard to stop.

One observation I would make and I suppose it is a big compliment to Peter Canavan and it is this - I believe that most of Errigal team were WAITING for Canavan to return  - they were waiting on hin to start pulling the strings again - I believe Errigal would have won their semi final had Canavan started - some of their substitutes were quite perplexing.

Homer

Cavan have a Tyrone man Conal Sheridan in to take over from Paul Grimley. Can any of the Tyrone Gaels shed some light on him?

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=83252

orangeman

Conal used to play for Omagh St.Endas - Seems to be very good - Seemed to get on well in Fermanagh -

loughshore lad

Orangeman - were you there yesterday?

Is the game on Saturday going ahead?

oneillcup2007

I dont think that line up would scare any of the top 4 teams in Tyrone any more, Longball tbh.  Errigal Ciarans success is going to be limited for a couple of years but they are in better positions than most to rebuild with an under 21 championship team to build off, but if that team gets to a final next year it will say more about the standard of Tyrone football than it does Errigal.  Errigal may well suffer for relying on the old dogs too many times.  I would safely say Carmen are at least a year ahead of Errigal in their redevelopment because they have been rebuilding from last year.  Final point with the advent of several new teams and some existing teams getting their championship runs this year, no team will ever match the achievements of Errigal and Carmen - 6 each in 14 years ever again.  They have lost too many exceptional players themselves over the last 2 years, and that era is now well and truly over.  Jesus Orangeman what semifinal were you at?  

Goats Do Shave

I remember a lad O'Donnell (BOD?) a few years a go was a decent defender & Horisk?

They not about any longer?

Wee Roddy

Oneillcup2007, dont bet on this era being over. People were saying the same thing in 1998 when Ardboe won the championship with a young team. It drove Carrickmore and Errigal on to win 8 out of the next nine titles!

Errigal are far from finished in my opinion. Add Paul Quinn, Cormac McGinley, a fit Davy Harte and Brian Mullen, who both played injured last week, a fit Caolan Tierney, a John Kelly who can train fully and more experience given to the young lads and they will be back.

I honestly think that one of Carmen or Errigal will win the league as both are hurting at the minute.

orangeman

Very very sad funeral yesterday  -

Haven't heard any word about match on Saturday so I am assuming it will go ahead as planned -

I thought Canavan had a very positive influence and the team seemed to repsond to him -  Errigal had too many players missing and would have won - substitutions still remain a mystery.

orangeman

I do agree that Errigal and Carmen's achievements will hardly be repeated in the future - their record is outstanding - particularly Carmen as they would have had less high profile players and ( allegedly ) a smaller pick.