Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Correct. They very conveniently ensure that any team who has won a league or championship is assured an award.

The Golden Years

Quote from: The Trap on November 30, 2015, 09:14:59 AM
Correct. They very conveniently ensure that any team who has won a league or championship is assured an award.

Thats because the teams that are winning have the most consistent players all year and hence deserve the awards. What do you expect?  Nothing convenient about that. 

square_ball

I have no issue with teams that win titles through the various division being represented or assured of an all star. I think the all stars whilst being individual awards, are more reflective of a clubs success throughout the season and so thats why each club that wins gets at least one allstar. An all star team for each division would probably be more reflective of who has 'starred' in each division but would be difficult to do. As has been said many times on here though teamtalk do a great job of promoting club football in the county.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: driveherin on November 30, 2015, 09:06:30 AM
Some of the teamtalk allstar awards are comical..... how is Richie Donnelly not in there?
Be very surprised if it went on the votes as it was supposed to....

I'd be surprised too, Richie.

longballin

though Colm Cavanagh would get Tyrone player of the year.. all opinion I suppose

The Trap

Not disputing the fact that Teamtalk do a wonderful job, that all teams that won something in each division deserve to be recognised or saying that any of those on the team didn't deserve their place but was agreeing with driveherin's assessment that the votes "just happened" to ensure that this happened!

Tyrone Gaa

Do you feel an independent panel would be the way to go?  I take the point that clubs can lobby votes and in turn larger clubs can benefit by this.  But team talk have to look after themselves as well, by having a voting system it gets their site more hits and in turn can lead to greater advertising.  They provide a great service for Tyrone football and provide recognition to club players and referees.  I didn't get to attend the event but by all accounts it was a great event that continues to grow each year.  Well done to all involved.
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

Certainly for team of the year i think it is 'manipulated' for want of a better word to ensure representation but I would imagine the votes for players of the year etc are used exclusively to select the winner. But I guess for those awards it can and does come down to who has the better voting campaign!

The Sweeper.com

Teamtalkmag are to be applauded for the show they put on Friday night. It was quite superb.

Having attended it I really enjoyed it as did alot of other people I have spoke to since.

The work these guys do in promoting GAA in Tyrone is unequalled in the Country.

Keep up the good work Noel, Kevin and Damien.

driveherin

No doubt Teamtalkmag do a wonderful job!!! They give all 3 divisions,ladies fball, college, underage, camogie, hurling and handball  all great coverage that they wouldn't get normally!! But skeet in corner forward on team of the year??? He didn't touch it in the cship opener against Fianna and missed at least 5 league games in their league campaign....don't like picking individuals out but that just one example....

Knock Yer Mucker In

He did touch it in the championship against N Fianna, he should of had 4/5 from play but kicked wide. He missed starred games and injured for semi and final but came on in the final with ten mins to go and a set up the defining goal in the league final. However for having missed those starred games he stilled  scored heavily and was five highest scorer in the league with having missed those games, never miss the amount assists. All those listed above weren't on the county panel.

Martin Penrose [Carrickmore] 6-58 [76]

Cahir McCullagh [Greencastle] 5-55 [70]

Daire Kavanagh [Augher] 2-61 [67]

Leo Meenan [Killyclogher] 5-47 [62]

Kyle Coney [Ardboe] 2-52 [58]

Connor McAliskey [Clonoe] 1-50 [53]

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on November 30, 2015, 02:08:24 PM
Teamtalkmag are to be applauded for the show they put on Friday night. It was quite superb.

Having attended it I really enjoyed it as did alot of other people I have spoke to since.

The work there guys do in promoting GAA in Tyrone is unequalled in the Country.

Keep up the good work Noel, Kevin and Damien.

Totally agree, great night. Full credit to the three amigos

redhandefender

Quote from: driveherin on November 30, 2015, 03:04:41 PM
No doubt Teamtalkmag do a wonderful job!!! They give all 3 divisions,ladies fball, college, underage, camogie, hurling and handball  all great coverage that they wouldn't get normally!! But skeet in corner forward on team of the year??? He didn't touch it in the cship opener against Fianna and missed at least 5 league games in their league campaign....don't like picking individuals out but that just one example....

Lad give over. You arguing a point based on the fact that a player you thought should get on the team didn't. They done it a democratic way and the results came out as is. There is no Roswell theory here. Concentrate on getting ready for your season with Tyrone next year Richie

tv pundit

Quote from: tv pundit on November 23, 2015, 08:12:21 PM
Quote from: tv pundit on November 18, 2015, 11:45:43 AM
2016 Club managers

Division 1/SFC

Ardboe     mallaghan
Augher
Carrickmore       mc elroy/loughran
Clonoe         cassidy
Coalisland
Dromore    Meenagh
Edendork
Eglish
Errigal Ciaran       pascal canavan
Galbally         Beattie
Greencastle     Tracey
Kildress        dillon
Killyclogher
Omagh         Strain
Strabane       Mc Nulty
Trillick          Seaney

Division 2/IFC

Aghaloo
Aghyaran        Mc Ginnity
Brackaville
Cookstown      collins
Derrytresk
Derrylaughan
Donaghmore
Dungannon
Eskra
Gortin
Moortown
Moy
Pomeroy
Stewartstown
Urney           Langan

...plus one from Loughmacrory, Owen Roes /i]

Division 3/JFC

Beragh
Brocagh
Castlederg
Clann na nGael
Clogher
Dregish
Drumquin       Mc Girr
Drumragh       Gallagher
Errigal Ciaran III
Fintona
Glenelly        Mc Connell
Killeeshil
Killyman
Newtownstewart
Rock
T***yreagh

...plus one from Loughmacrory, Owen Roes &

Fill in the rest at your leisure

Club boi

Quote from: vallankumous on November 29, 2015, 07:22:22 PM
No. I found out I won my first league with a phone call on a Sunday evening.
Second from top team got beat by a lower level team which meant they couldn't catch us.
Some difference in winning that way than in a league final.

Do you cherish your league medal?? Or would you rather gamble it through a possible Semi Final and Final match to finally get hold of it??