Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 13, 2015, 08:06:38 PM
Tyrone JFC Quarter Finals

Friday 21st August @ Healy Park

7.00pm: Beragh vs. Drumquin
8.30pm: Brackaville vs. Newtownstewart

Saturday 22nd August @ Eskra

4.30pm: Aghaloo vs. Drumragh
6.00pm: Fintona vs. T***yreagh

Good to see you back posting. I see you haven't developed any love for your neighbours in your absence.

blewuporstuffed

Just as a matter of interest, if McCanns 8 week ban was to stick (which I don't imagine it will) would it rule him out of playing for Killyclogher in the championship as well?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

McCanns ban covers all codes, club and county.

I assume there will be no more games (league or championship - Div 1) until tyrone are out. Am I right in saying that all the starred games have been played?

nrico2006

How can there be bans that are only applied to club games and then ones that are applied to all?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tommo2

I think this one applies to both, because of the 'discredit the association' charge.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tommo2 on August 17, 2015, 10:40:39 AM

I assume there will be no more games (league or championship - Div 1) until tyrone are out. Am I right in saying that all the starred games have been played?

yesterdays games where the last round of starred games.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 17, 2015, 11:03:54 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on August 17, 2015, 10:40:39 AM

yesterdays games where the last round of starred games.

So, if Tyrone win on Sunday there is at least another 4 weeks until a league/championship game. A small price to pay for reaching an all-Ireland final.

Soup an Samajiz

I'd think there might be a round of league games the week after AISF even if they win...
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

In hiding

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 17, 2015, 12:32:26 PM
I'd think there might be a round of league games the week after AISF even if they win...
I wonder would that cause a problem between clubs and county board 😀

Norf Tyrone

Harte will just tell the players not to play.

Again.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TabClear

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 17, 2015, 01:48:27 PM
Harte will just tell the players not to play.

Again.

Norf, how many games had mc shane played for you guys this year? He is a player who is close to making the county team but unlikely to start.

Own roes are well up  the league and given how tight matches in junior football are his absence could have been the difference this year in them having a shot at promotion. I know the likes of the Moy have had this battle for years but given the limited inter county players in div 3 the impact could be even more marked as the majority of the other clubs in the division don't have a similar problem.

I don't see a workable solution however! !

redhandefender

What do ye do? If the player wants to play for his county you have to respect him, Whether you feel he should be starting for county or not only 15 can so always gonna be someone unhappy.

Its mickeys call and he has seemed to get it spot on this year. Ye don't know how close mc shane is to starting should someone get injured like colm cav so I understand why he doesn't want to risk releasing him

The Trap

Can anyone say for sure what will happen on weekend of 28th-30th August? Its the last Bank holiday of the year and would be good if there was no matches :)!!!!!

Gaffer

When will McCanns ban be overturned???
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

TabClear

Quote from: redhandefender on August 17, 2015, 02:33:01 PM
What do ye do? If the player wants to play for his county you have to respect him, Whether you feel he should be starting for county or not only 15 can so always gonna be someone unhappy.

Its mickeys call and he has seemed to get it spot on this year. Ye don't know how close mc shane is to starting should someone get injured like colm cav so I understand why he doesn't want to risk releasing him

Not saying  anyone is in the wrong here.  Completely agree you can't risk him.  Mc shane started against Donegal so he is obviously very much in mickeys plans.  I'm just highlighting that in the lower leagues the impact of losing a star player is even more pronounced.