Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Quote from: TabClear on August 17, 2015, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on August 17, 2015, 02:33:01 PM
What do ye do? If the player wants to play for his county you have to respect him, Whether you feel he should be starting for county or not only 15 can so always gonna be someone unhappy.

Its mickeys call and he has seemed to get it spot on this year. Ye don't know how close mc shane is to starting should someone get injured like colm cav so I understand why he doesn't want to risk releasing him

Not saying  anyone is in the wrong here.  Completely agree you can't risk him.  Mc shane started against Donegal so he is obviously very much in mickeys plans.  I'm just highlighting that in the lower leagues the impact of losing a star player is even more pronounced.

If McShane had been available for the games he missed I think OR's would be at least another 3 or 4 points better off, Junior is very tight this year.

Bookies odds for the Quarter Finals

NEWTOWN 1/1 BRACKAVILLE 4/5
BERAGH 5/4 DRUMQUIN 4/5
TATTYREAGH 4/5 FINTONA 5/4
DRUMRAGH 5/2 AGHALOO 2/7

ALL DRAWS 7/1

There is one that really stands out there for me.

laceer

Quote from: oakleafgael on August 17, 2015, 03:48:54 PM
What do ye do? If the player wants to play for his county you have to respect him, Whether you feel he should be starting for county or not only 15 can so always gonna be someone unhappy.

Its mickeys call and he has seemed to get it spot on this year. Ye don't know how close mc shane is to starting should someone get injured like colm cav so I understand why he doesn't want to risk releasing him

Not saying  anyone is in the wrong here.  Completely agree you can't risk him.  Mc shane started against Donegal so he is obviously very much in mickeys plans.  I'm just highlighting that in the lower leagues the impact of losing a star player is even more pronounced.

If McShane had been available for the games he missed I think OR's would be at least another 3 or 4 points better off, Junior is very tight this year.

BERAGH 5/4 DRUMQUIN 4/5
DRUMRAGH 5/2 AGHALOO 2/7

ALL DRAWS 7/1

I'd have Beragh favourites v Drumquin myself - especially with Rogers back

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TabClear on August 17, 2015, 02:15:03 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 17, 2015, 01:48:27 PM
Harte will just tell the players not to play.

Again.

Norf, how many games had mc shane played for you guys this year? He is a player who is close to making the county team but unlikely to start.

Own roes are well up  the league and given how tight matches in junior football are his absence could have been the difference this year in them having a shot at promotion. I know the likes of the Moy have had this battle for years but given the limited inter county players in div 3 the impact could be even more marked as the majority of the other clubs in the division don't have a similar problem.

I don't see a workable solution however! !

He played
v Aghaloo (W)
v Dregish (W)
v Tatts (L) but went off injured after 15 mins or so

He didn't play
v EC III (D)
v Brockagh (W)
v Glenelly (L)
v Beragh (W)
v Killyman (W)
v Drumragh (D)
v CNG (W)

So in total this year he's played about 125 mins of Club football, and 10 for Tyrone seniors.

I know it's difficult, I know we're not the only Club in the county affected, but the impact is massive for us. You spend years developing players, to only be denied to play them.

We've one adult title in the Club in the last 30 odd years, and I've little doubt if he was available to us this year we'd have a second (The two games we lost was by 1 and 2 points), but what can you do. We could refuse- and we'd win our case as seen in Donegal this week- to play the games, but that would leave the rest of the fellas training for no games.

At the same time, he's little use to Tyrone with his lack of competitive minutes. He also appears to have fell down the pecking order with Harte. He went from starting v Donegal, sub v Limerick, to not being in the match day squad v Monaghan. He may regain his sub role now with McCann gate and McMahon's injury.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommo2

When is Tiernan McCann appeal being heard?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 17, 2015, 05:09:23 PM

Again.

Norf, how many games had mc shane played for you guys this year? He is a player who is close to making the county team but unlikely to start.

Own roes are well up  the league and given how tight matches in junior football are his absence could have been the difference this year in them having a shot at promotion. I know the likes of the Moy have had this battle for years but given the limited inter county players in div 3 the impact could be even more marked as the majority of the other clubs in the division don't have a similar problem.

He played
v Aghaloo (W)
v Dregish (W)

He didn't play
v EC III (D)
v Brockagh (W)
v Glenelly (L)
v Beragh (W)
v Killyman (W)
v Drumragh (D)
v CNG (W)

So in total this year he's played about 125 mins of Club football, and 10 for Tyrone seniors.

I know it's difficult, I know we're not the only Club in the county affected, but the impact is massive for us. You spend years developing players, to only be denied to play them.

We've one adult title in the Club in the last 30 odd years, and I've little doubt if he was available to us this year we'd have a second (The two games we lost was by 1 and 2 points), but what can you do. We could refuse- and we'd win our case as seen in Donegal this week- to play the games, but that would leave the rest of the fellas training for no games.

At the same time, he's little use to Tyrone with his lack of competitive minutes. He also appears to have fell down the pecking order with Harte. He went from starting v Donegal, sub v Limerick, to not being in the match day squad v Monaghan. He may regain his sub role now with McCann gate and McMahon's injury.

Isn't it great to see the lad being involved in an all ireland semi final against Kerry. I'm sure it's great to be part of the panel at this point and good to see a player coming through from a small club. Don't forget he also played 5 games for the u21s that got him an all Ireland medal. There's not a player in any top county team that would be playing the week before quarter or semi finals so it's not a Harte thing.

That record is very good without him. My own club has been playing 5 starred games for years and rarely picked up a point without our county players causing us relegation in years. But it's been great to see them represent the county and do so well. I did complain about the starred games this year and who we were down to play but that's a separate issue.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 17, 2015, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 17, 2015, 05:09:23 PM

Again.

He played
v Aghaloo (W)
v Dregish (W)

He didn't play
v EC III (D)
v Brockagh (W)
v Glenelly (L)
v Beragh (W)
v Killyman (W)
v Drumragh (D)
v CNG (W)

Isn't it great to see the lad being involved in an all ireland semi final against Kerry. I'm sure it's great to be part of the panel at this point and good to see a player coming through from a small club. Don't forget he also played 5 games for the u21s that got him an all Ireland medal. There's not a player in any top county team that would be playing the week before quarter or semi finals so it's not a Harte thing.

That record is very good without him. My own club has been playing 5 starred games for years and rarely picked up a point without our county players causing us relegation in years. But it's been great to see them represent the county and do so well. I did complain about the starred games this year and who we were down to play but that's a separate issue.

I know there's mixed emotions re this. It's great to see a fella do well, and his success can only serve to inspire some of our youngsters. However my whinging is not so much about starred games, it's about Harte, or whoever, saying who can and cannot play. For example of the 7 league games he has missed, only one was starred! Last year Stevie O'Neill played against us in a starred game one week before a Tyrone game at Harte's request!

If we as a Club stamped our feet and refused to play the games it would disrupt the whole league, and deny our own players games.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Any word of fixtures for next Sunday?

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Under Lights on August 18, 2015, 10:15:57 AM
Any word of fixtures for next Sunday?
Not before the Kerry game there won't be I'd imagine
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Soup an Samajiz

The county talk has taken its toll and I could do with a breather until it kicks into overdrive at the end of the week... How does everyone see the intermeadiate championship going?

Galbally would seem to have the edge on a Derrylaughan team that are down to the bare bones at the minute but you couldn't count them out. Cookstown should see off the challenge of their neighbours the Rock, Cookstown will be hard to beat in this competition for sure. Loughmacrory and Urney a hard one to call but Lavery may well seal it for the Urney boys.. Wouldn't rule out Derytresk to cause an upset against Edendork, climbed the table this past few weeks after some good results, not favorites of course, but they may have a better chance than I first thought.

TabClear

BERAGH 5/4 DRUMQUIN 4/5
DRUMRAGH 5/2 AGHALOO 2/7

ALL DRAWS 7/1

I fancy  Newtown to beat Backaville. They seem to be hitting a bit of form lately.

Beragh should have too much for Drumquin who still depend heavily on some of their older players. Is Rogers fit?

Fintona and the Tats should be an "interesting" one.  No love lost between the two sides but the tatts   have the better footballers  and i would expect them to win in a close one.

Drumragh at 5/2 look good value.  Big gap between the two on league form but Aghalee needed a late goal to beat them in the league and drumragh drew ar Owen roes last week. Having said that, aghaloo usually grind out the results so I ll go for them in a tight one.

everymanaman

Quote from: TabClear on August 21, 2015, 01:12:04 PM

BERAGH 5/4 DRUMQUIN 4/5
DRUMRAGH 5/2 AGHALOO 2/7

ALL DRAWS 7/1

I fancy  Newtown to beat Backaville. They seem to be hitting a bit of form lately.

Beragh should have too much for Drumquin who still depend heavily on some of their older players. Is Rogers fit?

Fintona and the Tats should be an "interesting" one.  No love lost between the two sides but the tatts   have the better footballers  and i would expect them to win in a close one.

Drumragh at 5/2 look good value.  Big gap between the two on league form but Aghalee needed a late goal to beat them in the league and drumragh drew ar Owen roes last week. Having said that, aghaloo usually grind out the results so I ll go for them in a tight one.

As far out as a lighthouse with the predictions so far

TabClear

Quote from: everymanaman on August 22, 2015, 08:29:40 AM
Quote from: TabClear on August 21, 2015, 01:12:04 PM

BERAGH 5/4 DRUMQUIN 4/5
DRUMRAGH 5/2 AGHALOO 2/7

ALL DRAWS 7/1

As far out as a lighthouse with the predictions so far

lol Tattyreagh and Aghaloo are screwed today on that set of predictions!  ??? :P

oakleafgael

Aghaloo v Tattyreagh
Brackaville v Drumquin

Not sure when they will be played. Quarter finals went to form and pretty much as expected.

Soup an Samajiz

intermediate champo on the weekend beginning the 4th

In hiding

Are the 4 quarter finals being played on the same weekend