Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on July 28, 2014, 01:38:58 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2014, 11:59:54 PM
What happened at cookstown auger game. Were Cookstown at it again?

Was anyone at this game? Any reports? Who got lined?
see my above comment to give you a general idea of what happened.
Cookstown have gained a very poor reputation over the past couple of years and a lot of this can be put down to the behavior of their current 'management team' and this craic of togging out their entire reserve squad for the senior game
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

hugh the root

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 28, 2014, 01:44:17 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 28, 2014, 01:38:58 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2014, 11:59:54 PM
What happened at cookstown auger game. Were Cookstown at it again?

Was anyone at this game? Any reports? Who got lined?
see my above comment to give you a general idea of what happened.
Cookstown have gained a very poor reputation over the past couple of years and a lot of this can be put down to the behavior of their current 'management team' and this craic of togging out their entire reserve squad for the senior game
too true about cookstown they had 63 males lined out against carrickmore in last years championship and still could nt intimidate block gormley and the men of Carmen !

Moortown Spuds

Bad behaviour follows this Cookstown team around like a bad smell. (Probably from that long haired smelly looking pr*ck)

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 28, 2014, 02:41:00 PM
Bad behaviour follows this Cookstown team around like a bad smell. (Probably from that long haired smelly looking pr*ck)

Who you talking about here?  I'll assume Mugsy as he is the only one in the Cookstown team with long hair?

hugh the root

Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 28, 2014, 04:59:31 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 28, 2014, 02:41:00 PM

Who you talking about here?  I'll assume Mugsy as he is the only one in the Cookstown team with long hair?
what about dung bag Jayo?

Redhand Santa

There was a big concern that if the championships were played early that half the teams in tyrone would stop trying and there players would quit etc. It doesn't seem to be working out that way so far anyway. Plenty of very tough games throughout the county and many of them involving teams knocked out. Although given tyrones early exit it would have been a good year to start them in august.

Knock Yer Mucker In

A better question to ask might be, has the clubs that were knocked out in the first round lost players to the states etc? Maybe we could do a poll on the Tyrone thread to sample.

We beat Errigal, and they have lost a couple, down the road from us Coalisland were beat in the first round and have lost players also.

Up The Middle

Quote from: the_daddy on July 29, 2014, 01:18:36 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on July 28, 2014, 11:52:26 PM
A better question to ask might be, has the clubs that were knocked out in the first round lost players to the states etc? Maybe we could do a poll on the Tyrone thread to sample.

We beat Errigal, and they have lost a couple, down the road from us Coalisland were beat in the first round and have lost players also.

I'm not sure how accurate the list is (not 100% as McGinley and Morgan aren't on it but McNamee and McNeice are, so it can't be far away) but it seems there are exactly the same amount of players from Tyrone that got sanctions to the NACB and NY board in 2014 as in 2013.

Between the seniors and juniors Errigal have lost 12 but it hasn't effected them putting out 4 teams (yet)
Coalisland have actually lost 1 less player this year than last year and substantially less than the year they were defending the county title and the Championship didn't start to mid August.
There's about 8 or 9 players whose clubs are still in the Championship. A few of those are first team players, another few I recognise from match programmes as subs and a few I've no idea of.

Errigal couldnt field a reserve team on Sunday so it obviously is affecting them.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

blewuporstuffed

Thats awful,
I hope they will be OK
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

blackball

Killyman the club with arguably the smallest pick in Tyrone can field a reserve team and a club the size of Errigal cant. Something doesn't add up there.

EC Unique

Quote from: blackball on July 29, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
Killyman the club with arguably the smallest pick in Tyrone can field a reserve team and a club the size of Errigal cant. Something doesn't add up there.

Usually players from the thirds would be drafted in to make up the numbers in senior panel if needed but not this year as they are going quite well and we don't want to weaken their panel. The year is effectively over for our seniors so why bother the thirds? Nobody is that worried about the league around here.

Man Marker

Quote from: EC Unique on July 29, 2014, 10:35:42 AM

Usually players from the thirds would be drafted in to make up the numbers in senior panel if needed but not this year as they are going quite well and we don't want to weaken their panel. The year is effectively over for our seniors so why bother the thirds? Nobody is that worried about the league around here.

Why aren't you? its not like you are a championship super power!

EC Unique

Quote from: Man Marker on July 29, 2014, 10:43:44 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 29, 2014, 10:35:42 AM

Why aren't you? its not like you are a championship super power!

League titles just don't excite. Sure if we find ourselves in the top 4 then we will go for it but no sleep will be lost. Errigal set out every year with one target in mind. 7 out of the last 21 would suggest that we are!