Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo

Any word on Championship fixtures ? I think CCC were meeting last night !

billy the kid

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

longball

orangeman according to the inbreds on hoganstand Kyle Coney has been offered trails for an AFl outfit? any truth?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

never heard it longball - but I'd say there's an element of truth in it - I was talking to a few boys from Armagh and they're targeting all the minor teams in Ireland - any talent out there in any clubs anywhere in Ireland will be potential targets. So it's no real surprise - Kyle is a great talent but for our sakes I hope he's a homebird. He's a great lad as well.

longball

Quote from: orangeman on August 09, 2007, 01:47:13 PM
never heard it longball - but I'd say there's an element of truth in it - I was talking to a few boys from Armagh and they're targeting all the minor teams in Ireland - any talent out there in any clubs anywhere in Ireland will be potential targets. So it's no real surprise - Kyle is a great talent but for our sakes I hope he's a homebird. He's a great lad as well.

very impressed with him this year alright- he'l be a regular fixture in ur senior team now minors are out
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

billy the kid

How do you red hand men view the chances of derry and monaghan at the weekend i would be interested in a honest impartial view.  i would also be interested to know how you think your own club championship will go are errigal a certainity or are this coalisland team the real deal?
If it moves hit it

Wee Roddy

Are Killyclogher suffering an injury crisis or are they trying to suck the island in?

On a positive note for Carrickmore- we are out of the senior and reserve championships and by all account there was 41 at training on Monday night. My brother reckons it is because of the free food but the question has to be asked as to why the same appetite was not shown in May when they were still in the championship? Any other clubs finding this?

billy the kid

i have to say in my own club when the championship is over you never see half the lads again apart from the odd appearance at a game and you know they dont wanna be there.  I would take the big turnouts over tha anyday lad!!! but we dont get fed after training or games or anything sounds like yous are well looked after its nice to feel appreciated. as a carrickmore man who do you think will win the tyrone senior title this year??
If it moves hit it

loughshore lad

Quote from: longball on August 09, 2007, 01:39:00 PM
orangeman according to the inbreds on hoganstand Kyle Coney has been offered trails for an AFl outfit? any truth?

News to me as well but wouldnt be at all surprised. He has all the attributes to make it at the very highest level in the GAA and become the next big thing - he has the most potential I have seen since McGuigan came on the scene.
He would have a good chance in the aussie rules due to his natural skill and athletic ability but as orangeman says sincerely hope for our sakes he stays. He will soon be a permanent fixture in the club senior team (still a minor next year) and has laready shown this season he can be a match winner at that level. Provided he keeps the feet on the ground the sky is the limit for him.

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 09, 2007, 02:01:04 PM
Are Killyclogher suffering an injury crisis or are they trying to suck the island in?

On a positive note for Carrickmore- we are out of the senior and reserve championships and by all account there was 41 at training on Monday night. My brother reckons it is because of the free food but the question has to be asked as to why the same appetite was not shown in May when they were still in the championship? Any other clubs finding this?

Wee Roddy Ardboe are still getting excellent turn outs at trainining despite exiting the championship and are undoubtedly playing much better now than they were in May and June.

Wee Roddy

Orangeman, you have a different management team which may instill a bit of hunger, but is there to much pressure on the like of Carmen and Ardboe to perform. Our lads only seem to play there best when the pressue is off and everyone thinks they are beat. They are playing fairly good stuff to watch but if they qualify for the league semis wait to you see the same war of attrition starting again!

I thought Coalisland would win the championship to a few weeks ago but i am going to say Errigal now that Tyrone are out!

glencullrule

do you think we will do it roddy. are you brian gormleys daddy? i hope your right. things have been going good at training since the coalisland game. we are  lacking a bit of pace up front though, daisy is finding it difficult in the last few games for somebody till help him score as caolan tierney and canavan havent been playing. ronan mccroy has scored a couple and ciaran mcginley has come forward from half back. once david harte and quinn are back hopefully it will add to us playing well. carmen play killyclogher tomorrow night? how do you think that will go with gormley back in the set up? who is playing well for carmen at the minute? how come you didnt beat dromore

orangeman

I think all teams find the same thing - when the pressure is off, you are more relaxed - but that's the championship for you - you need to be able to handle the pressure and play the football - but there's a fine line between winning and losing a lot of the time -

loughshore lad

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 09, 2007, 02:54:46 PM

I thought Coalisland would win the championship to a few weeks ago but i am going to say Errigal now that Tyrone are out!

Think Errigal will win it as well, cant see past them.  Carmen must be kicking themselves they are out, themselves and Errigal are still the top 2 I reckon.

neutral

I have a soft spot for the Fiann this year.  Theres an  awful lot of support for a Fianna champship win.  Clubs like ardboe, Moy, Dungannon etc.  just want us to show them how? ;)

orangeman

Would love to see an East team win so yep Coalisland for the Cup - no problem - they're going well and will progress to the semis.