Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugh the root

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 13, 2014, 10:47:18 AM
Quote from: hugh the root on June 13, 2014, 10:34:52 AM
going on the Tyrone team to face Monaghan there must be very poor footballers in East Tyrone!Will be interesting to see how long Steven O Neill lasts before he is carted off injured again!When did he last have a big day in the Tyrone shirt?What way did he perform in the Junior championship?In my opinion Pety Harte,PJ Lavery Kyle Coney Niall McKenna and Ronan Mc Nabb were the stand out players in the championship .

My thoughts on your opinions Hugh

Its a better balanced and stronger looking Tyrone team than what played against Down each day.
Fully expect a Tyrone win.
Christmas Lights I was out drowning my sorrows tonight?Could you please let me know who the RTE man of the match was in the Sunday Game and what Tyronebplayerbdid he mark?

Under Lights

What height would Conor McAliskey be?

Sunny Day

Disappointed with yesterday.  The dynamics of the team just doesn't seem correct.  Don't get me wrong,  Monaghan won by the finest of margins!  Though, there seems to be something missing?  I wouldn't argue with any of the players ability from 1 to 30, they are all fine ballers in their own right, but Tyrone seem to lack a little bit of cohesion.  This is something they can get right quickly enough. On the face of it,  there does seem to be a lot of individualisms.  On my observations,  is Tyrone getting the best of Peter Harte at WHB??  Would he be more suited at CHF???  Is Sean Cavanagh best at Centre field or could he add a new dimension at full forward?? Would Kyle Coney play his best football at WHF, or centre field where he can get a little more 'space'?  Niall McKenna was a miss yesterday going on the replay game in Newry. I would like to see PJ Lavery,  PJ Quinn, Conor McAliskey, Shay McGuigan all get their chances in the qualifying games,  these guys have serious potential.  Unfortunately management needs to curtail Morgan's expeditions out field! Fine player,  but he needs to concentrate fully on his 'possession restarts' and direct and talk more from the back.  There is one thing for sure,  Managment needs to get the spine of his team settled sooner rather than later if they are to make an impact this summer.  At present no one can name the team that would face Louth,  that in itself doesn't seem right,  we all could name the Dublin/Donegal/Kerry/Cork teams to one or two positions, but certainly not the Tyrone team.  There is a lot of supporters calling for Mickeys head,  I cant envisage any changes at the head for a while,  though what I would say is, maybe its time for Mickey to freshen things up in his back room staff etc. Finally four tough championship games (2 x Down, 1 x Monaghan, 1 Club Championship) in 28 days (4 weeks) that surely has had an effect on those players!  No one could argue with that.  :(

EC Unique

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 15, 2014, 05:49:04 PM
Time for Harte to go. We have been woeful in Ulster Championship this last four years.

Anyone who selects Ciaran McGinley for a county side should immediately be removed from the job.

Is this the same Ciaran McGinley that is Tyrone's leading scorer from play?

The Bearded One

EC Unique, I admire your loyalty but let it go.

Just because Ciaran has a bit of pace about him and a fairly decent engine doesn't make him a county player. He lacks b*alls. Pulled out of 3 challenges in a row yesterday. I'm sure he is a decent lad, but not a county player in my eyes and in the eyes of many Tyrone supporters.

Can you tell us what happened in the 3rds game at the weekend? A few unsavoury incidents it would appear?
It is what it is. Presumably.

God14

Quote from: EC Unique on June 16, 2014, 10:22:15 AM
Time for Harte to go. We have been woeful in Ulster Championship this last four years.

Anyone who selects Ciaran McGinley for a county side should immediately be removed from the job.

Harsh sam03/05 to single out one player. McGinley has had a few very good performances in the jersey, mixed with some disappointing ones - like the rest of the team
Your opinion on Mickey Harte is spot on though. He went stale a long time ago. He has overseen 4 consecutive disappointing campaigns now in succession. Yes he has had transition with large squad turnaround, but the likes of Malachy O Rourke has transformed Monaghan in 18 months & lets not kid ourselves - Harte has a much superior pick than MOR & has had much more time to mould and build a team, a style of play that works in the modern game.
I genuinely hope we lose to Louth, just to copper fasten his exit. Very sad to say that, as he is & always will be a hero to all gaels in Tyrone... but its time to go. He is a very stubborn man & I just hope he walks rather than really overstaying his welcome as the County Board don't have the balls to remove him from the post.

nrico2006

Quote from: God14 on June 16, 2014, 10:37:08 AM

Harsh sam03/05 to single out one player. McGinley has had a few very good performances in the jersey, mixed with some disappointing ones - like the rest of the team
Your opinion on Mickey Harte is spot on though. He went stale a long time ago. He has overseen 4 consecutive disappointing campaigns now in succession. Yes he has had transition with large squad turnaround, but the likes of Malachy O Rourke has transformed Monaghan in 18 months & lets not kid ourselves - Harte has a much superior pick than MOR & has had much more time to mould and build a team, a style of play that works in the modern game.
I genuinely hope we lose to Louth, just to copper fasten his exit. Very sad to say that, as he is & always will be a hero to all gaels in Tyrone... but its time to go. He is a very stubborn man & I just hope he walks rather than really overstaying his welcome as the County Board don't have the balls to remove him from the post.

Had the same opinion the past few years too.  Irrelevant of McGinleys getting two goals against Down its actually embarassing watching how limited he is on the ball in the forward line.  One workhorse would be pushing it in the forward line but yesterday we had Penrose in there too.  Our forward line is pretty poor when it counts, McCurry can't beat his man and this is a common problem we have with 13-15.  Coney should get a run at arguably his best position (CHF) and Mattie Donnelly should be in the forward line where he has impresed previously.  I think the Harte template to which Tyrone play is one of the major reasons for Tyrones lack of evolution.  Time for a new voice. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

hugh the root

Christmas Lights where the f**k are you?If you are lying in a hole somewhere I ll send a tractor to pull you out.Did you go to Clones and if so, who was the RTE man of the match?Sky Sports are after you..............to make the half time tea .

EC Unique

Quote from: The_Beard on June 16, 2014, 10:36:04 AM

Just because Ciaran has a bit of pace about him and a fairly decent engine doesn't make him a county player. He lacks b*alls. Pulled out of 3 challenges in a row yesterday. I'm sure he is a decent lad, but not a county player in my eyes and in the eyes of many Tyrone supporters.

Can you tell us what happened in the 3rds game at the weekend? A few unsavoury incidents it would appear?

I have no idea what happened. Never heard about it and I don't go to many 3rds games. What did you hear?

The Bearded One

Quote from: EC Unique on June 16, 2014, 11:14:38 AM
Quote from: The_Beard on June 16, 2014, 10:36:04 AM

I have no idea what happened. Never heard about it and I don't go to many 3rds games. What did you hear?

My colleague, a Drumragh man said that an Errigal player had his jaw broken. He wasn't at the game so that's why I was asking.
It is what it is. Presumably.

tyroneboi

Quote from: hugh the root on June 16, 2014, 11:09:01 AM
Christmas Lights where the f**k are you?If you are lying in a hole somewhere I ll send a tractor to pull you out.Did you go to Clones and if so, who was the RTE man of the match?Sky Sports are after you..............to make the half time tea .

What do you want him to say??

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 16, 2014, 10:55:10 AM
Quote from: God14 on June 16, 2014, 10:37:08 AM

Had the same opinion the past few years too.  Irrelevant of McGinleys getting two goals against Down its actually embarassing watching how limited he is on the ball in the forward line.  One workhorse would be pushing it in the forward line but yesterday we had Penrose in there too.  Our forward line is pretty poor when it counts, McCurry can't beat his man and this is a common problem we have with 13-15.  Coney should get a run at arguably his best position (CHF) and Mattie Donnelly should be in the forward line where he has impresed previously.  I think the Harte template to which Tyrone play is one of the major reasons for Tyrones lack of evolution.  Time for a new voice.

I believe McGinley is an asset and will develop into a fine county standard player. Not every player can just take the step up and become a star. Some need time, experience and patience before they find their feet. But again thats only my opinion.

hugh the root

Quote from: tyroneboi on June 16, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: hugh the root on June 16, 2014, 11:09:01 AM

What do you want him to say??
I want him to come out and state who was yesterday's RTE man of the match in the light of him singing the praises of Steven O 'Neill.    Sinn e!

WT4E

Someone call the thread police!!!!!

Too much county team talk going on in here and not enough club talk!!!!!  :P

Nally Stand

Good afternoon. We've had a report of a disturbance.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore