Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: hugh the root on June 16, 2014, 12:12:53 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on June 16, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: hugh the root on June 16, 2014, 11:09:01 AM
Christmas Lights where the f**k are you?If you are lying in a hole somewhere I ll send a tractor to pull you out.Did you go to Clones and if so, who was the RTE man of the match?Sky Sports are after you..............to make the half time tea .

What do you want him to say??
I want him to come out and state who was yesterday's RTE man of the match in the light of him singing the praises of Steven O 'Neill.    Sinn e!

Looked through his posts there - couldn't see where he was singing the praises of Stephen O'Neill?

Christmas Lights

Christmas Lights where the f**k are you?If you are lying in a hole somewhere I ll send a tractor to pull you out.Did you go to Clones and if so, who was the RTE man of the match?Sky Sports are after you..............to make the half time tea .

I want him to come out and state who was yesterday's RTE man of the match in the light of him singing the praises of Steven O 'Neill.    Sinn e!

Hugh you absolute nonsense, never once did I sing the praises of Stephen O'Neill or said he should start this match, you need to get your facts straights before coming out with posts like the one above.  A great servant he's but he's done at that level unfortunately.  Like us all, he's got older and slower and therefore its more of a struggle for the once great ball winner to get out in front of his man as it showed yesterday.  For these reasons he was deployed out the field where he isn't a threat.  Unfortunately we don't seem to have another potent forward on the bench who is good enough to take his place at present because if we did, I would be sure they would have started.  Its a bit of a shame that none of these boys seem to be able to push Stevie down the pecking order.

On the RTE MOTM, I have no idea as I watched on BBC.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 16, 2014, 01:09:53 PM

Hugh you absolute nonsense, never once did I sing the praises of Stephen O'Neill or said he should start this match, you need to get your facts straights before coming out with posts like the one above.  A great servant he's but he's done at that level unfortunately.  Like us all, he's got older and slower and therefore its more of a struggle for the once great ball winner to get out in front of his man as it showed yesterday.  For these reasons he was deployed out the field where he isn't a threat.  Unfortunately we don't seem to have another potent forward on the bench who is good enough to take his place at present because if we did, I would be sure they would have started.  Its a bit of a shame that none of these boys seem to be able to push Stevie down the pecking order.

On the RTE MOTM, I have no idea as I watched on BBC.

Well I can see that he has been pushed down the pecking order, how come the manager can't. RON is not a CF, hasn't the pace, looked really out of his depth yesterday, how long did we watch Mc Curry battle on his own, and he has limited ball winning ability. Mc Ginley not a county forward, if he was a Clonoe player he wouldn't be on the panel. As for playing PJ (good enough for this level as he has a football brain and pace), hasn't seen a ball in the league bar the the first game in Feb, told that he was now being looked at as WHB, and then thrown into the biggest game of the year at WHF, you couldn't write this shite, Mickey o'neill never saw one minute of league time, and thrown to the wolfs also, as I say you could't write this stuff, any other manager would be gutted by now on that type of decesion making. I knew Grugan wouldn't count at MF how come the manager didn't. Have lost confidence in Harte completely

Under Lights

How would you win a game with that many East Tyrone players on the pitch towards the end.

Club Rossa

Was the bloody West Tyrone players that got us in the handlin' in the first place ;D

Under Lights

Quote from: Club Rossa on June 16, 2014, 01:40:30 PM
Was the bloody West Tyrone players that got us in the handlin' in the first place ;D

I have a funny feeling MH threw on them east Tyrone lads so people like me could point finger at them for the loss- making poor clonoe the scapegoats again.

WT4E

I'll try and get this back on track:

So the league threw up some odd results this weekend, anyone at the games:

Loughmacrory went to Trillick and earned a point
Aghyaran beat Dungannon w/o McNamee
Galbally had a late surge to beat Gortin

Div 2 looks like it will come down to a two horse race between Greencastle and Trillick

Div 3 results a bit more sensible.

Rock beating Derrytresk was a big result which could help determine which one of the two wins the league.

Was just wondering what has happened Glenelly they use to have a good bunch of young players a while back. Now there the worse team in Tyrone?

blewuporstuffed

Any word of the upcoming fixtures for the next few weeks now Tyrone are in the qualifiers?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 16, 2014, 02:57:32 PM
Any word of the upcoming fixtures for the next few weeks now Tyrone are in the qualifiers?

Things could be a bit of a nightmare. Can someone clarify the rules re: qualifiers and the availability of county players to their clubs? I thought it was 6/7 days.

tyroneboi

Is there many starred games they can use? The games next weekend are starred games and I know from a previous poster that fixtures was planned for 4th and 6th July but they are bound to be running out of starred games to use.

Club Rossa

I think there's 3 starred rounds left and one of those is this weekend.

hugh the root

Christmas Lights do you agree it was a better balanced team than that against Down on both days. Please give me a sensible answer !

SuperHo

Whats the craic with eglish/donaghmore in res champ. They drew at weekend. Replay wed ?? Then winners due to play killyclogher fri night. League match sunday?? Doubt the weetabix is needed there

Redhand Santa

I've no issue with criticism of Harte's team selection and tactics within reason but there is some nonsense on this message board. It's hard to take Clonoe posters serious when they question Harte and his bias when the solutions they always have leads back to more Clonoe players on the team. From what I can see they dont actually support Tyrone and almost cheer against Tyrone if there are no Clonoe men on. They remind me of some people from my own club who almost want to see the team lose when their own family members aren't on so they can criticise the management team.

I would agree that McAliskey deserves another go at corner forward. But it has to be remembered that he has had bad days in a Tyrone shirt too - earlier on this year I thought he didn't work hard enough when Tyrone weren't in possession and was too greedy at times. Even for his university he was very quiet in the Sigerson and McRory kept him pretty quiet in the club championship. But he is someone that I feel has potential and can improve with time and become a decent corner forward. As I've said previously I think it could take PJ Lavery another year to get himself up to speed and physicality of county football. Other than that I don't see Clonoe players making a massive difference to Tyrone's fortunes.

Like others I was disappointed with the performance yesterday until the last 10 minutes. We've become too nice and don't work hard enough or put the hits in. And against defensive teams we revert to short kickouts and slow build up which isn't working. Hopefully these can be addressed and I still think we have the makings of a decent team with 3 or 4 changes to the current team (a couple of them are pretty obvious after yesterday).

I also think people are being very harsh on Stephen O'Neill. He played a few lovely passes early yesterday but wasn't up to the pace of the game. Given it was his first county start in almost a year and he's had limited football it wasn't unexpected. Harte obviously still feels he has a lot to offer so its worth giving him the game time now. If he stays fit over the next 2 months which is a big if I'd be confident he will repay the faith. He is still a top 6 forward in Tyrone.

We need to work on tactics and get a settled team in the qualifiers. If can get the right mix we can still be a force come August but its going to take hard work and risks by management. My own current starting 15 would be something like this:

Morgan
McRory
Justy
McNamee
Donnelly
Gormley
McNabb
C Cav
S Cav
Joe McM
Coney
Harte