Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Anyone know about the email campaign going on to get club games called off this weekend? Think it was generated by Trillick and they have been asking for other clubs to support them.
If the games go ahead will the county minors be allowed to play?
Who is in charge of club fixtures? Could they verify things as there is a match in Dublin that some people might want to go to!!!

NDA

Yes clubs have been emailing CCC to complain. So far CCC not listening, Mickey 'I don't' Care about clubs isn't for budging.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: The Trap on August 21, 2013, 12:09:51 PM
Anyone know about the email campaign going on to get club games called off this weekend? Think it was generated by Trillick and they have been asking for other clubs to support them.
If the games go ahead will the county minors be allowed to play?
Who is in charge of club fixtures? Could they verify things as there is a match in Dublin that some people might want to go to!!!

The match in Dublin is on Sunday.
The club games are fixed for Saturday, ie the day before Sunday, the day before the county match day, not on the same day as the Tyrone vs Mayo game.

Whats the problem here?

NDA

Christmas Lights if your not already on the CCC you soon will be. Exactly the type of thinking they are looking for.

Norf Tyrone

I've no issue with the games being on Saturday, but Clubs should've been told that the day after the QF. Not sure why it's a week to week deal.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Christmas Lights

Quote from: NDA on August 21, 2013, 02:59:43 PM
Christmas Lights if your not already on the CCC you soon will be. Exactly the type of thinking they are looking for.

Do you think I have a chance of being on the CCC???? Heres hoping.

Do you want to play football or not?  You had 2 weeks off over the 12th July, plenty of time.
Good decision to play this Saturday, after this weekend, there are only about another 3 league games to complete the fixtures before playoffs. Do you want this dragging onto December?

NDA

A lot of clubs don't agree, seems for some strange reason they want to play their strongest team in important league games.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Clonoe u21s into the Grade 1 championship final tonight after a convincing win against Dromore in Clogher.

LeoMc

Quote from: NDA on August 21, 2013, 02:10:20 PM
Yes clubs have been emailing CCC to complain. So far CCC not listening, Mickey 'I don't' Care about clubs isn't for budging.
And what does it have to do with Mickey Harte?

Boghopper

Wee Roddy

Clonoe play Pomeroy in U21 final after the Plunketts beat Carrickmore by 4 points with a goal in injury time in Dunmoyle last night. Carmen played 50 mins of the game with 14 men after a lad was sent off for retaliation. It was a cracking game off football and its a pity this competition isn't taken more seriously because it really is football at the purist level. It was refreshing to see lads lying knackered on the ground at the final whistle and helping other up.

winghalfback

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 22, 2013, 10:36:08 AM
Clonoe play Pomeroy in U21 final after the Plunketts beat Carrickmore by 4 points with a goal in injury time in Dunmoyle last night. Carmen played 50 mins of the game with 14 men after a lad was sent off for retaliation. It was a cracking game off football and its a pity this competition isn't taken more seriously because it really is football at the purist level. It was refreshing to see lads lying knackered on the ground at the final whistle and helping other up.

Totally agree with you roddy this has been the best football I have watched all year pity it could now be put on the back burner due to Tyrone and senior club championship.

bluenosebandit

I am part of the management team for one of the clubs involved in one of the under 21 finals, i wont say which team or which grade, but we have been told that the u21 finals will be next tuesday and wednesday evening, the 27th and 28th of August

Knock Yer Mucker In

Well we have a minor playing for Tyrone next week in the semi so our final wont be until the week after

bluenosebandit

ill post up any info when I hear me.

Anyone any the wiser on the club games this weekend? they still on?