Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Well Sam you were quite happy to state that rules are rules when Ardboe were kicked out.Surely you should now accept the rule that states Cookstown have to travel to Ardboe,or is it just certain rules you accept?
Looking forward to the game itself,this will be their 3rd meeting this season and i hope we see a good game.May the best team win.

sam03/05

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 26, 2012, 08:42:59 AM
Well Sam you were quite happy to state that rules are rules when Ardboe were kicked out.Surely you should now accept the rule that states Cookstown have to travel to Ardboe,or is it just certain rules you accept?
Looking forward to the game itself,this will be their 3rd meeting this season and i hope we see a good game.May the best team win.

from what I hear there wont be a game.

Club Rossa

Cookstown players seem to think the game is going ahead as i was talking to a couple of them yesterday evening.

sam03/05

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 26, 2012, 10:53:18 AM
Cookstown players seem to think the game is going ahead as i was talking to a couple of them yesterday evening.

strong word coming from the club that they wont be playing. Parents dont want it to go ahead.

everymanaman

Quote from: sam03/05 on September 26, 2012, 01:50:08 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on September 26, 2012, 10:53:18 AM

strong word coming from the club that they wont be playing. Parents dont want it to go ahead.

Is that because they are all under 18?

Club Rossa

Cookstown have to travel,rules are rules ;)

sam03/05

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 26, 2012, 03:59:22 PM

i hear there is a well known barrister on the case.. this one could rumble on and on..

LeoMc

Marty Swift home!
That's what was missing last friday night, another defender. ::)

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: sam03/05 on September 26, 2012, 08:14:58 PM

i hear there is a well known barrister on the case.. this one could rumble on and on..

Are you for real here??
First on the field and last to leave

LeoMc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 26, 2012, 11:35:22 PM
QuotePlanning to Make Tyrone GAA Even Better

Think we need to do something about our Club fixtures? Not happy with how Underage football panned out this year? Got some ideas about improving the GAA in Tyrone? Sometimes feel the "grass-roots are being left behind"? Worried about how the recession and emigration are affecting GAA Clubs?

If any of the above applies to you ... if you're a GAA; Ladies Gaelic; Camogie; Handball; Rounders; and/or Scor person ... and if you have anything to say about how we can best take the GAA in Tyrone forward then come to Kelly's Inn next Tuesday night at 7.30 pm.

The October CCC Meeting is doubling up as a planning workshop where we'll look at the Tyrone GAA issues that concern you. It'll last no more than two hours and you'll get a cup of tea before you go home.

Very often in life we complain "If only they'd asked me!" Well now we are asking you. Are you ready and willing to help us plan for an even better Tyrone GAA?

If so, you won't miss Kelly's Inn next Tuesday (2 October) night. Bi linn is cuidigh linn: come and join us ... do your bit!

If you can't make our event next week, feel free to send in any thoughts; comments; or suggestions you may have to sarajaneke@hotmail.com We're keen to hear from you!

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2012/09/planning-to-make-tyrone-gaa-even-better-2/

Can you pin this somewhere for easy reference for those complaining about "suits" / "powers that be" / "boys that wouldn't know whether a ball was blew up or stuffed" not caring about club football / underage / ladies / East Tyrone clubs / reserve teams / dual clubs, etc.

EC Unique

Oh for f**k sake just get on with it. It's not fair on the other teams still in the competition. If cooks town do not field, then ardboe go through.

winghalfback

Quote from: EC Unique on September 27, 2012, 02:14:55 PM

Oh for f**k sake just get on with it. It's not fair on the other teams still in the competition. If cooks town do not field, then ardboe go through.

agreed couldnt agree more its our premier youth competition in this county and its been held up all season for the silliest of reasons. Started in march and coming up to end of september and we still have 5 teams in the championship and league quarter finals to finish.

sam03/05

Quote from: winghalfback on September 27, 2012, 04:54:27 PM

agreed couldnt agree more its our premier youth competition in this county and its been held up all season for the silliest of reasons. Started in march and coming up to end of september and we still have 5 teams in the championship and league quarter finals to finish.

from what i hear this one is gonna rumble on.. Cookstown wont be playing in Ardboe and expect appeal after appeal.
game should have been fixed at neutral venue.. simple solution

twenty one yard free

Quote from: sam03/05 on September 27, 2012, 06:36:12 PM

from what i hear this one is gonna rumble on.. Cookstown wont be playing in Ardboe and expect appeal after appeal.
match finished a draw, right
ccc tried to shaft ardboe again, right
other games that finished a draw on same night were replayed at opposite venue, right
roll on sunday

sam03/05

Quote from: twenty one yard free on September 27, 2012, 08:13:37 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on September 27, 2012, 06:36:12 PM

match finished a draw, right
ccc tried to shaft ardboe again, right
other games that finished a draw on same night were replayed at opposite venue, right
roll on sunday

wrong - the game didnt finish. Ref told Ardboe to line out for extra time and they refused.
the game in cookstown has still to be played to a finish.