Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

I grabbed this one from Hogan Stand.

The Tyrone Competitions Control Committee will meet next Wednesday to discuss incidents that took place in the county under 21 semi-final between Omagh St. Enda's and Derrylaughan last month.

Holders Omagh's victory was marred by an ugly brawl in the closing stages as both sides finished the game with 14 players. The final between Omagh and Eglish was due to take place this weekend, but has been postponed pending the findings of the CCC's investigation.

I know any Derrylaughan person I've been talking to were absolutely livid with the refereeing of this match. Omagh won by a point in the end I think and got a soft penalty. Most of the spectators felt the referee had blown for a free out.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: barelegs on January 06, 2011, 03:23:53 PM
I grabbed this one from Hogan Stand.

The Tyrone Competitions Control Committee will meet next Wednesday to discuss incidents that took place in the county under 21 semi-final between Omagh St. Enda's and Derrylaughan last month.

Holders Omagh's victory was marred by an ugly brawl in the closing stages as both sides finished the game with 14 players. The final between Omagh and Eglish was due to take place this weekend, but has been postponed pending the findings of the CCC's investigation.

I know any Derrylaughan person I've been talking to were absolutely livid with the refereeing of this match. Omagh won by a point in the end I think and got a soft penalty. Most of the spectators felt the referee had blown for a free out.
I would take what I heard from a person from the losing camp with a pinch of salt. No point making sweeping generalisations unless you were actually there. How can you actually state that 'Most of the spectators felt the referee had blown for a free out'. Did you speak to all of them on their way out? Or maybe your mate from Derrylaughan did

barelegs

I'm from Derrylaughan. I wasn't at the match. I have talked to a significant number of fair minded people who were at the match (say for talks sake 20). They (all of them) weren't very happy with the refereeing.

I accept that they may have their biases (and I mine) but the Derrylaughan spectators felt very aggrieved by the penalty decision.

Perhaps my earlier statement was a little sweeping. I'm sure the Omagh fans were delighted with the refereeing (though i haven't conducted any scientific survey to confirm this hunch)

KIDDO 4

Sunday 9th January 2011 @1.30pm
O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 2 Final @ T.B.C
Augher v Rock
(In the event of a draw extra time will be played)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on January 06, 2011, 10:06:40 PM
Augher v Rock

at last
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 06, 2011, 10:50:58 PM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on January 06, 2011, 10:06:40 PM
Augher v Rock

at last

the way the CB havve handled this under21 compettion has been a joke. its been allowed to drag on this long, and then the teams are given 3 days notice of the final and it is fixed for the same time as a tyrone game.
If they are going to show the u21 competition this level of disregard, they may aswell scrap it altogether.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyroneboi

I would agree the handling of the u21 in 2010 has been nothing short of a disgrace but in fairness the semi final of the grade 2 was only played on Wednesday past there. With the semi final being on Wednesday, the clubs involved knew that the final was going to be this weekend.

dulaman

I have been following the u21 competition this year as there was the potential for a quality competition and a few interesting pairings. unfortunately the county board has failed the players through not fixing games during the summer or when would have been possible. The Grade 1 final between Omagh and Eglish should prove a good battle. Does anyone know what affect the investigation may have on Omagh or when the game  will now be played?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 07, 2011, 10:21:49 AM
I would agree the handling of the u21 in 2010 has been nothing short of a disgrace but in fairness the semi final of the grade 2 was only played on Wednesday past there. With the semi final being on Wednesday, the clubs involved knew that the final was going to be this weekend.
how did they know?
they were only notified that the  final was to go ahead at the weekend, after the semifinal. They could have presumed that the final may have been played at the weekend, but with tyrone also playing and some of the players also involved in the mckenna cup for thier universities, that seemed unlikely
the fact that the semi was allowed to drag on untill the first week in Jan when the other semi was played months ago is another matter.

tyroneboi

The reason it has dragged on was because of a number of factors including Brackavilles successful appeal, a bereavement in the Brackaville club and then the obvious problems with the snow. At the end of the day the county board is at fault and need to have a look at their shambolic handling of the u21 competition. It could easily be run off in a 4 week period earlier in the year. 

Rocky Mc Guigan

No excuse for a competition (with a mere 14 teams) that started in early June still to be running-

KIDDO 4

Rock vAugher U21grade 2 final scheduled for Sunday Jan9th  has been postponed.

littleoak

KIDDO 4

Sat 15th January 2011@ 1.30pm

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 2 Final @ Dungannon
Augher v Rock

dulaman

Any word on grade 1 final or on the outcome of suspensions from ccc meeting last nite?