Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Aaron Boone on December 22, 2010, 07:40:22 PM
I have given out about the dependence on the veterans before, but if Tyrone win Ulster in 2011, then it's the first 3-in-a-row since Down 1959-61 and before that Cavan 1947-49.
Some achievement.

Our good friends in Armagh won't be too happy with you not counting their 2004-6 3 in a row, albeit with a significant helping hand from a certain Cork man in 2005 ;D.

A little disappointed by that McKenna Cup panel. I have no problem with a lot of the older lads having another crack at it (I think we tend to overplay the veterans thing a bit, Ricey and Hoover apart these lads are 30/31) but the McKenna Cup would have been a chance to have a good look at some of the younger talents coming through then try and blend them and the older generation in the league. Would love to be proven wrong but there is a nagging doubt that 2009 and 2010 were wasted opportunities to try and develop the panel and a fear that 2011 might go the same way. Certainly a huge year for Raymie Mulgrew, make or break at this stage.

Aaron Boone

Thanks LDA, you look at historic stats and you don't think it has just happened in the last 5 years.

Agree with your analysis - minor talent coming through, but not yet to the seniors.

Redhand Santa

Kyle Coney and Ronan McNabb are in the squad. Peter Harte and Niall McKenna will join up for the league. Harte will bring these boys through. It takes time. The first time the 97/98 minor players began to make an impact at senior level was 2001. Last years experience in the squad will stand to those boys this year.

I don't think any other members of the 2008 team are ready for the step up yet. Maybe Wylie and Gervin should have been looked at in the McKenna Cup though.

KIDDO 4

Aygharan , will be managed by former Tyrone player Noel Donnelly  in the 2011 season.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on December 22, 2010, 10:07:51 PM
Aygharan , will be managed by former Tyrone player Noel Donnelly  in the 2011 season.
Get the google map out for every hill and bog in the Aghyaran locality

maximus

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on December 23, 2010, 06:18:24 PM

What do you mean?

ONeill

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on December 22, 2010, 08:07:27 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on December 22, 2010, 07:40:22 PM
I have given out about the dependence on the veterans before, but if Tyrone win Ulster in 2011, then it's the first 3-in-a-row since Down 1959-61 and before that Cavan 1947-49.
Some achievement.

Our good friends in Armagh won't be too happy with you not counting their 2004-6 3 in a row, albeit with a significant helping hand from a certain Cork man in 2005 ;D.

A little disappointed by that McKenna Cup panel. I have no problem with a lot of the older lads having another crack at it (I think we tend to overplay the veterans thing a bit, Ricey and Hoover apart these lads are 30/31) but the McKenna Cup would have been a chance to have a good look at some of the younger talents coming through then try and blend them and the older generation in the league. Would love to be proven wrong but there is a nagging doubt that 2009 and 2010 were wasted opportunities to try and develop the panel and a fear that 2011 might go the same way. Certainly a huge year for Raymie Mulgrew, make or break at this stage.

The McKenna Cup I wouldn't be too worried about as many of the younger talent will be playing for their Unis. I'd like to see a few of those lads tried out in some NFL games. That's when you really start to learn things.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: maximus on December 23, 2010, 07:28:16 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on December 23, 2010, 06:18:24 PM

What do you mean?

He means these boys are going to be run into the ground this year in training.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on December 22, 2010, 12:49:47 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 22, 2010, 11:09:49 AM
IMO Damian Burke is county material.

What was Damian Cassidy's view on Burke, KYMI, because he picked some rare players for Derry when he was in charge. Some boys wouldnt have got their place on an intermediate team.

Cassidy played Burke centre half which id say means he saw him as a central player. he's back so you'll find out soon enough :)
First on the field and last to leave

Family guy

Well folks will the under 21 final scheduled for new years day go ahead,or will omagh get it put back as i heard they were missing a few players??

the processor

Quote from: Winnie Peg on December 17, 2010, 03:13:58 PM
Does anyone agree that Micky Harte's column in the Irish News is the most boring load of tripe that anyone could try to read. If it's not the Aussie rules it's the fecking railway cup. Has his needle stuck?
He would need to talk better than write or I couldn't see how he could motivate anybody, never mind a football team,

I was just about to post a similar quote. His articles are brutal, Jesus Christ, it just isn't fair on the Irish News reader to have to read that tripe on a Friday. Its just full of facts and useless information. No gripping experiences, humour or controversy. Surely the Irish news needs to do something about it. they're bound to be inundated with complaints.

the processor

Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 17, 2010, 08:47:02 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on December 17, 2010, 03:13:58 PM
Does anyone agree that Micky Harte's column in the Irish News is the most boring load of tripe that anyone could try to read. If it's not the Aussie rules it's the fecking railway cup. Has his needle stuck?
He would need to talk better than write or I couldn't see how he could motivate anybody, never mind a football team,

Managed teams to 3 All Ireland titles,a national league,2 under 21 all irelands,an All Ireland Minor and an Ulster Club. Won multiple (9 I thinkl) ulster titles as a manger at senior, u21 and minor level. I'd say his motivation skills must be ok.

Agreed but his articles are shite

Puckoon

They should do an "Ask Mickey" section. Id love to hear more about the water filters and if he ever dabbled with Amway.

orangeman

Errigal to make the big breakthru in 2011 ?.

midnightcaller

Quote from: orangeman on December 31, 2010, 10:05:18 AM
Errigal to make the big breakthru in 2011 ?.

They've been talked about to make the big breakthrough this 2/3 years.
So- No!